Stock Appearing TR Class for Bowling Green 08

Richard, The size-48 that I found look to be identical to the original size-48's, including not having the slots all the way around. But I'll know exactly tonight when I compare side-to-side. The size-40 are slightly off in appearance from the originals, having too much sheen to them. They do however make a much better appearance than a regular stainless clamp. The size-32 I'm still looking for, but I'm thinking when I find those they'll probably be just like the size-40's.

These clamps are anodized, so they'll look better than a painted or powdercoated unit as well. Plus they'll pass TSA tech correct?

K.

correct------but a sharp concours judge would ding you for them and next year that could be a big number $3200 X 2..............RC

...a sharp concours judge would ding you for them and next year that could be a big number $3200 X 2..............RC

My car would get dinged out of the show for its current paint anyways. One day though it will look as good as Brian Lorenz's.

K.

So the people that would run this class, with no cage, in return would not be able to run other non-GSCA classes, which actually up-hold the NHRA rules for saftey? I think I'd rather have a car that car be raced at normal races also, and be safer at the same time. Am I crazy here in thinking this way?:confused:
no
just spending huge money with 3 times less return

all the other gsca classes together would not equal this money

So the people that would run this class, with no cage, in return would not be able to run other non-GSCA classes, which actually up-hold the NHRA rules for saftey? I think I'd rather have a car that car be raced at normal races also, and be safer at the same time. Am I crazy here in thinking this way?:confused:

we didn't mention roll cages in the rules specifically this year because truthfully i didn't expect anyone to go fast enough to need one------ at least not for a couple years of competition-------based on what happened this year alone it is clear that this is an issue NOW-------the original rules did state that "safety rules of the sanctioning body override the class rules" but somewhere along the way they got dropped------ modifications that are required for SAFETY by the hosting track or sanctioning body are allowed as i personally have too much to lose by telling anyone that they cannot have a safety device in their car-------that being said one thing is for sure------it will sure hurt your chances in the concours class---------but even so imagine what this is saying-------a totally stock looking TR requiring a roll cage to be legal--------I love it!!!!!!!!....................RC

we didn't mention roll cages in the rules specifically this year because truthfully i didn't expect anyone to go fast enough to need one------ at least not for a couple years of competition-------based on what happened this year alone it is clear that this is an issue NOW-------the original rules did state that "safety rules of the sanctioning body override the class rules" but somewhere along the way they got dropped------ modifications that are required for SAFETY by the hosting track or sanctioning body are allowed as i personally have too much to lose by telling anyone that they cannot have a safety device in their car-------that being said one thing is for sure------it will sure hurt your chances in the concours class---------but even so imagine what this is saying-------a totally stock looking TR requiring a roll cage to be legal--------I love it!!!!!!!!....................RC

Just don't re-write the rule to require the safety equip. I know I won't put a cage in my sage car...

K.

Kieth, what are the chance of you having your car ready to run the TSA class by the BPG? There is a rumor it could happen if there is enough interest and I know of two cars that can and will make it if it goes through.
See ya, Kip

Kieth, what are the chance of you having your car ready to run the TSA class by the BPG? There is a rumor it could happen if there is enough interest and I know of two cars that can and will make it if it goes through.
See ya, Kip

Kip, what are the BPG dates? I have to finish (2) other cars before I can get my sage car in there. The good thing is they should be done tomorrow and gone next week. Depending on the dates and time allowed I could have it ready for "car count", but maybe not for "competitiveness".

Edit- I just saw the post with the dates. Aug. 1st-3rd... :eek: We'll see!!

K.

Ok Keith, try to keep us posted as we will need some time to try and organize the race.

Anybody else want to step up and put their name in the ring??????

See ya, Kip

i just pulled mine out of storage after 10 years, so as long as i can resist molesting it- then i may be in there. i doubt i have much of a chance with a stock un-opened motor, but i think it'd be fun- since i KNOW i can't run with the cars that i saw at BG... The only problem i might have is: my car got raped, she was stolen and stripped... i'm going to great lengths to put her all back stock... but i went with jax's leather interior:cool: , and i gotta have a reproduction sticker made for the trunk:eek: ... so right off, i'm not totally stock....but i'm not going too far from how the general built her:tongue:

easy-----and good too!!----but mid 11's on a bone stock car complete with stock airbox isn't too shabby

A "bone stock" car won't run mid 11's thru a stock airbox :rolleyes:

Rules that allow unlimited internal motor modifications but don't allow internal airbox modifications will guarantee you will never have more than 5 cars running.

Period.

Been there, done that.

A "bone stock" car won't run mid 11's thru a stock airbox :rolleyes:

Rules that allow unlimited internal motor modifications but don't allow internal airbox modifications will guarantee you will never have more than 5 cars running.

Period.

Been there, done that.

i have several questions about your post------where in the rules do you see anything that forbids internal mods to the airbox-------i don't care if you have a magic genie living inside the airbox as long as it looks stock from the outside--------and when did you "been there, done that"-------cause I don't remember anyone ever offering $6400 for a first place win in a class like this (3200 for first + 3200 for concours win)-------if you really believe what you say i'll take you up on a friendly bet at 10:1 odds------if you want we can put it in writing-------i put up a thousand dollars and you put up a hundred------by year after next i say there will be 6 or more cars in this class running at BG (as long as the GS club allows it)---------if i continue to double the purse each year and increase the depth of payout------ by year after next the winner could walk away with $24 grand if he also wins concours-------$12k if he doesn't-------i think that a generous payout back to 5th place could easily make this happen--------and i'm more than willing to do it---------two things i do know -------- wars foster technology and purses foster competition-------and if you think i am not serious about this class talk to someone that knows me personally................RC

i have several questions about your post------where in the rules do you see anything that forbids internal mods to the airbox-------i don't care if you have a magic genie living inside the airbox as long as it looks stock from the outside--------and when did you "been there, done that"-------cause I don't remember anyone ever offering $6400 for a first place win in a class like this (3200 for first + 3200 for concours win)-------if you really believe what you say i'll take you up on a friendly bet at 10:1 odds------if you want we can put it in writing-------i put up a thousand dollars and you put up a hundred------by year after next i say there will be 6 or more cars in this class running at BG (as long as the GS club allows it)---------if i continue to double the purse each year and increase the depth of payout------ by year after next the winner could walk away with $24 grand if he also wins concours-------$12k if he doesn't-------i think that a generous payout back to 5th place could easily make this happen--------and i'm more than willing to do it---------two things i do know -------- wars foster technology and purses foster competition-------and if you think i am not serious about this class talk to someone that knows me personally................RC

Richard, after noone showing up to claim 2nd & 3rd place $$$ this year, I can guarantee you'll get at least (3) cars next year for the race $$$. We have (2) cars in the planning stages now for the class. (1) might make it to the BPG event to join Kip, and if not the plan is to have (1) at your fall get-together later this year.

K.

Richard, after noone showing up to claim 2nd & 3rd place $$$ this year, I can guarantee you'll get at least (3) cars next year for the race $$$. We have (2) cars in the planning stages now for the class. (1) might make it to the BPG event to join Kip, and if not the plan is to have (1) at your fall get-together later this year.

K.

great-----i know for sure that the guy that won this year is coming back----your 2 cars makes three already------now i only need three more cars and i might win a hundred dollars------isn't capitalism great!!!!!...............RC

One question for Richard

If you take one stock 87 GN vs one stock 87 GNX and modify them EQUALLY, meaning, if you use a TA49, add it to both, same chip, same exhaust, same tires, everything is equal, apples to apples, every mod or update is the same on each, would the GN be faster... take your knowledge and implememt it for this class only, would the GN be faster in the quarter vs the same equally modded GNX? I like to see Richard betting, he doesn't lose! sure bet!!

funny sh!t, great class after hearing that a roll cage may be required... interesting class... but I will not bet against Richard, I will disagree, but I will not bet! Remember the audio seminar and his betting stories...

When is the open house at TR ranch, Richard?

Then for show cars in concours...
As for concours for turbo regal, there hasn't been a turbo participant since Rodney Sanders with his 00060.0 mile stock GN in 2006. Then in 2005 there were 5 cars in the concours for TR.

2006 GS Nationals
Class JB: GN / T-Type Concours / Restored (up thru 1987)
Gold: Rodney Sanders - # 3490 - 87 GN with 60 miles

2005 GS Nationals
Class JB: GN / T-Type Concours / Restored (up thru 1987)
Gold: Rodney Sanders - # 3490 (GN with 60 miles)
Gold: Paul Castle - # 3306
Gold: Jeff Hanson - # 3613
Gold: Brian Rice - # 1973
Gold: Joe Denninger - # 5392

:rolleyes:

Stock unmodified air box (no holes when installed on car) with snorkel.

From this thread.

i would consider holes in the airbox to be EXTERNAL and visible therefore they would not be allowed

It says "stock unmodified air box"

It doesn't say "no external modifications" or "Internal modifications allowed".

A "bone stock" TR won't run 11's through a "stock unmodified air box".

A Roller cammed mid 10 second motor might, but an internally stock motor won't.

So if someone cheats and internally modifies their air box, that would be OK with you? That isn't what the rules say.

I'm gonna see if I can break this down for ya dude.

The rules are you can do ANYTHING as long as you can't see it with an inspection mirror.

You have to have a little imagination.