Stock Appearing TR Class for Bowling Green 08

HyperV6

Does anyone know what the rules are going to be? Is this class going to happen for 2008 at the GS Nationals? Any info would be appeciated.

Thanks, Craig

I had spoken to Richard Clark about this class as he was going to be the sponsor for it. However there are rules to running HIS class. From the literature I read it will be STOCK APPEARING with exception to the stock exhaust. One of the literature comments I read said "if you have to ask then it not legal". Again maybe Richard (A2000RICH) will comment..?

Mike Banas
87GN

I had spoken to Richard Clark about this class as he was going to be the sponsor for it.

However there are rules to running HIS class. From the literature I read it will be STOCK APPEARING with exception to the stock exhaust. One of the literature comments I read said "if you have to ask then it not legal". Again maybe Richard (A2000RICH) will comment..?

Mike Banas
87GN

Rules at BG are similar to an Easter Egg Hunt and a Riddle Solving Contest.

Timely, clear & equal communications are not deemed "necessary" by some.

Maybe you'll finally get a set of rules when you buy your ticket at the gate?

The idea of the class sounds fun. But, I guess the rules aren't out yet. In my opinion all class rules and payouts for the GS Nats should be out 6 months prior to the race. You can't expect any kind of car count if the rules come out a month or two prior to the race.

Craig

Stock head bolts was the killer for me.. that and "You can run nitrous as long as I cant find it"

I agree with Jack about Rules at BG especially TSS and TSM.. Hell its amazing what people will do to bend the 'rules' after tech. From what I understand Rich and Dennis Kirban are going to be doing tech. Again this is all preliminary info from talking with Rich but it WILL be the most payout at BG this year. And Rich is well aware that it may take a couple of years to get interested parties to participate. Hopefully Rich will stumble across this post and give us the scoop..? Makes me wanna go out and buy a bone stocker and just have fun and particiaipate in an event.

Mike Banas
87GN

Stock head bolts was the killer for me.. that and "You can run nitrous as long as I cant find it"

And when they find it, you are labeled a cheater. :rolleyes:

Too bad the TFS class didn't take off. It seemed as if that class would have a much higher car count.

Too bad the TFS class didn't take off. It seemed as if that class would have a much higher car count.

Yea.. we actually have a car built to those rules.

The idea of the class sounds fun. But, I guess the rules aren't out yet. In my opinion all class rules and payouts for the GS Nats should be out 6 months prior to the race. You can't expect any kind of car count if the rules come out a month or two prior to the race.

Craig

Spoke to Dennis Kirban last week about this class , he says its going to happen , the class will be sponsored by ZDDPLUS and have a nice pay-out . i am willing to take my car ONLY if they can get a clear cut set of rules unlike last year !

Hell, I cant even figure out the registration form for the Nats. I cant imagine what the racing rules form is gonna look like. "Stock Appearing", thats good enuff for me. Bring it, run it, hope you brought enuff!!

It aint cheatn till ya get caught!;)

Stock Appearing, according to the listed rules I saw, was if it did not come on the car in 82-87 its not stock. This includes stock air box, MAF hose, DP, IC, etc.. Oh yea no slicks or Drag radials. I wrote Richard an email so maybe he will chime in soon..?

Mike Banas
87GN

I hope the rules are coming out soon, but I hope they have some reality to them. The cars are 21 years old. I don't think many people with total original cars are going to bring them out to race. Some of the rules I saw last year had some crazy stuff in them... You could have an aftermarket fuel injection system like FAST, Bigstuff, ect. as long as it's hidden? You also couldn't have any frame bracing on the car. Who hasn't put front frame braces - crossmember to front frame rails on their car? I know they aren't stock but should have been and most g-bodies came with them. I guess we will have to see if this really happens. It could be a fun class that you wouldn't have to have a ton of money to run.

Craig

probably more like dumb
if they find it by general looking which is what they will do- without tearing up your car-or dismantling it
youll be considered a terrible installer and pretty much a hack-

richard has posted stock style torque to yield head bolts part numbers on the " bg stock race class" thread for almost a year now- easy fix

probably more like dumb
if they find it by general looking which is what they will do- without tearing up your car-or dismantling it
youll be considered a terrible installer and pretty much a hack-

richard has posted stock style torque to yield head bolts part numbers on the " bg stock race class" thread for almost a year now- easy fix

Well it looks like this is not going to happen for me ? how would you expect cars to show up for this class when no rules are posted . these cars just do not get built over night, i am lucky if i can work on my car 2 hours a week.no ZDDP for me and the stock head bolts is so dumb .

this is a Dennis/Richard thing

Shawn- i used to have an interest in helping out

for those guys, the largest payout, preserving more stock looking cars/ going low 11s or whatever, the spirit of red Armstrong's engineering and ideas etc

with all the bitching and moaning over this from last year-i could give a rats ass now

the head bolts have a great reason

A-its what came on the car stock
B-It could be seen from a visual inspection/quick glance
C- if you were going to buy a really clean potentially high dollar turbo Buick-or any old muscle car /hemi etc-its what should be there- you would expect it- barret jackson would expect it

which is what this appearing class is intended for

help me figure the intercooler part out. it says factory stock location intercooler required and mods are allowed. so does this mean that ever car must have a stock intercooler??? so no PTE stock location? or any other after market stock location. so does it mean it has to be something along the lines of a stock strecthed intercooler or a big neck stock intercooler?

thanks

i haven't read the gsca website rules

but
stock intercooler means stock intercooler- not stretched or any brand that isn't the gm factory- no dutt necks-

porting/ bell mouthing to the stock is fine- because it cant be seen

What did they ever figure out on downpipe last year? There was some talk of using THDP's, but I see on the rules you had posted:

"Downpipe must attach to stock elbow in stock fashion, downpipe must route in stock location, no flexpipe, stock appearing cat must be in stock location...."

Does this mean say an ATR 2.5" downpipe can be used since it attaches to the stock elbow?