Stock Appearing TR Class for Bowling Green 08

Do you forsee any areas in the rules that will be modified/changed for 2009? Is the class a "sure thing" for next years schedule?

I have a feeling that mid-11's won't cut it for next year... :cool:

K.

I'd jump up and down to see a stock appearing TR run in the 10's-------and probably offer some long money for it as well-------I promise TSA will be around next year if i'm not dead-------and the rules will not change unless I can get some of those fuddyduddys to change their minds and allow genII and fast controllers-------other than that i am satisfied with the rules-------i am proud of our turbo cars and like to see them run good in stock trim-------BUT i feel that allowing them to benefit from 20 years of ECM development is fitting of their heritage--------the ECM is not visible and i think it should be allowed-------I have several businesses and i would not want to run my accounting, manufacturing, and payroll on a Commodore 64 or Radio Shack TRS 80--------and thats exactly what we are asking our cars to do when we limit them to a 80's era ECM--------somebody help me with this............RC

I'd jump up and down to see a stock appearing TR run in the 10's-------and probably offer some long money for it as well-------I promise TSA will be around next year if i'm not dead-------and the rules will not change unless I can get some of those fuddyduddys to change their minds and allow genII and fast controllers-------other than that i am satisfied with the rules-------i am proud of our turbo cars and like to see them run good in stock trim-------BUT i feel that allowing them to benefit from 20 years of ECM development is fitting of their heritage--------the ECM is not visible and i think it should be allowed-------I have several businesses and i would not want to run my accounting, manufacturing, and payroll on a Commodore 64 or Radio Shack TRS 80--------and thats exactly what we are asking our cars to do when we limit them to a 80's era ECM--------somebody help me with this............RC

In all honesty... I like the current ecm rule. If the class is based off the stock appearance and integrity of how the cars were manufactured the oem ecm rule falls in line with the rest of the rules.

I haven't touched a nut or bolt on my Sage Green car since I first "tore" into it almost a year ago when purchased. I've been on the fence of how to build it ever since, but you're starting to make my decision alot easier... :biggrin:

K.

yep-

Is there somewhere to go that has an "official" rule page? Reading through the multiple threads, I see conflicting info that seems to just be peoples perceptions of the rules.

Is there somewhere to go that has an "official" rule page? Reading through the multiple threads, I see conflicting info that seems to just be peoples perceptions of the rules.

You can go here: Buick GS Club of America and click on the bulletin board link. I'd give you a better link, but our IT Dept. has it blocked.

K.

TSS Rules

Downpipe must be one piece and attach to stock elbow in stock fashion (ie with donut and spring loaded bolt.

Whats up with this they don't have any good Down Pipes. You not the Terry Houston Style. I like the Rules not big on the Down Pipe Rules

Must have stock dimension and diameter sway bars front and rear with black bushings. No Air Bags 2.5 Max Down Pipe what is up with these Rules.

Almost every Car has a 3 inch style Down pipe Air Bags aftermarket upper and lower Bolt in Control Arms in the rear. HR Parts Bars aftermarket larger
sway Bars.

Must have stock dimension and diameter sway bars front and rear with black bushings. No Air Bags 2.5 Max Down Pipe what is up with these Rules.

Almost every Car has a 3 inch style Down pipe Air Bags aftermarket upper and lower Bolt in Control Arms in the rear. HR Parts Bars aftermarket larger
sway Bars.

Jeff,

You have to remember this is TSA, Turbo Stock Appearing. I think a better name would be TSC, for Turbo Stock Concours.

The rules are strictly built around keeping the appearance & integrity of the vehicle the way GM/Buick rolled them off the assembly line.

Anyone know how far the stock turbo's inlet bell can be bored to...? And will it then match my Ta66 Q-trim...?? :D

K.

After reading the rules, I now understand why only one car was in this class at BG. This will be a class for a deicated few and some stockers. 98% of TR owners would have to go backwards to even come close to passing these rules.

I have a question for whoever can answer, so if the car runs faster then 12.00 in the 1/4, does this class allow that owner to have a roll cage (to meet NHRA rules) or would that cause the car to not qualify for the class? Its becomes a question of saftey then if not, because you know it will only be time before the class gets faster and faster.

I agree, I was up late last night and I read every post on this subject from the very begining and I'm not sure if it's true or not but I read where you could have a different stock appearing turbo and the exhaust housings had to have certian numbers. Well IF thats true, Whay would anyone add that to there car and not the parts that would support them? Like an adjustable fuel preasure reg. These ruels could be very easy and very short!! All they should say is " 100% Stock "..... simple!! (with the exception of tires of course) They should be at least be the stock size...

As soon as you add in the words "Stock Appearing" into the class, it automatically adds variables and confusion.

If this is a stock car class, Leave it just that! For 100% stock cars! This way all the guys that take pride in having there cars all stock can come out and compete against each other.

In my opinion the word "Appearing" is screwing evrything up. It makes it sound like you can have up-grades and other stuff done but as long as it appears stock it's okay! wich isn't turning out to be the case.

just my .02 worth

Scot W.

It should be called ( TSC - Turbo Stock Class ) or ( STC - Stock Turbo Class ) = 100% stock

just my .02 worth

Scot W.

no cages- and the car that won did 11.50s

that means 98% of the people with bolt ons that are not running 11.5 and faster and cant make this class;
probably better take all that bs off their car anyway-obviously its not needed or helping...........

It should be called ( TSC - Turbo Stock Class ) or ( STC - Stock Turbo Class ) = 100% stock

just my .02 worth

Scot W.

but your missing the "appearing" part
- its not a show car class or a completely stock class so all the generalizations about what is stock is unnecessary and more about what stock looks like
(appears)-very hard to tell the difference- etc

I agree, I was up late last night and I read every post on this subject from the very begining and I'm not sure if it's true or not but I read where you could have a different stock appearing turbo and the exhaust housings had to have certian numbers. Well IF thats true, Whay would anyone add that to there car and not the parts that would support them? Like an adjustable fuel preasure reg. These ruels could be very easy and very short!! All they should say is " 100% Stock "..... simple!! (with the exception of tires of course) They should be at least be the stock size...

As soon as you add in the words "Stock Appearing" into the class, it automatically adds variables and confusion.

If this is a stock car class, Leave it just that! For 100% stock cars! This way all the guys that take pride in having there cars all stock can come out and compete against each other.

In my opinion the word "Appearing" is screwing evrything up. It makes it sound like you can have up-grades and other stuff done but as long as it appears stock it's okay! wich isn't turning out to be the case.

just my .02 worth

Scot W.

Look, since the dawn of racing, racers have tried to get an edge on the competition while having to conform to the rules everyone has to play buy. This class is promoting the idea of "what you can get away with" instead of "you can't do this or that" while keeping the cars looking like the way they cam from the factory.........You guys are looking at it from THE WRONG END ! You keep saying " we're not gonna be able to do X or if you can't do z then its stupid....?? then don't do it ! Leave the class to someone else that actually understands the rules and they'll take home easy money.

You CAN have upgrades and other stuff done.....as long as it appears stock, then it IS okay, and that is most certainly the case.

FYI... For those needing the "black anodized" worm gear clams, they are still available from GM/AcDelco in the correct appearance. I haven't found another source that has them, but decided to try GM/AcDelco and they showed up today.

K.

FYI... For those needing the "black anodized" worm gear clams, they are still available from GM/AcDelco in the correct appearance. I haven't found another source that has them, but decided to try GM/AcDelco and they showed up today.

K.

if you are doing concours work you might want to check out those clamps compared to the originals-------originals came in three different sizes marked 32 for turbo outlet x2, 40 for up pipe x2, and 48 for maf hose & filter x4---------and the originals didnt have the slots all the way around like the newer ones i have seen from GM--------not that it really matters for racing but someday when the cars are worth 100k + details like this can make a huge $ difference--------when that day comes it will even matter how the clamps are installed and the direction they face---------believe it or not...............RC

no cages- and the car that won did 11.50s

that means 98% of the people with bolt ons that are not running 11.5 and faster and cant make this class;
probably better take all that bs off their car anyway-obviously its not needed or helping...........

So the people that would run this class, with no cage, in return would not be able to run other non-GSCA classes, which actually up-hold the NHRA rules for saftey? I think I'd rather have a car that car be raced at normal races also, and be safer at the same time. Am I crazy here in thinking this way?:confused:

if you are doing concours work you might want to check out those clamps compared to the originals-------originals came in three different sizes marked 32 for turbo outlet x2, 40 for up pipe x2, and 48 for maf hose & filter x4---------and the originals didnt have the slots all the way around like the newer ones i have seen from GM--------not that it really matters for racing but someday when the cars are worth 100k + details like this can make a huge $ difference--------when that day comes it will even matter how the clamps are installed and the direction they face---------believe it or not...............RC

Richard, The size-48 that I found look to be identical to the original size-48's, including not having the slots all the way around. But I'll know exactly tonight when I compare side-to-side. The size-40 are slightly off in appearance from the originals, having too much sheen to them. They do however make a much better appearance than a regular stainless clamp. The size-32 I'm still looking for, but I'm thinking when I find those they'll probably be just like the size-40's.

These clamps are anodized, so they'll look better than a painted or powdercoated unit as well. Plus they'll pass TSA tech correct?

K.