Stepping up to slicks this year. Need advise

Onalky87

My 275/60 et streets r just about shot and I'm stuck in the middle of either just replacing them or keeping them and buying new/used slicks.

If I was going to go the slick route. What would u guys recommend? Brand? Size?

Why not some drag radials in that size? Good for street and strip.

IMO used slicks could be a waste of money. You never know how old they are or number of passes...money and safety ahead with new regardless of which option you choose.

For slicks, I'd go 28x10.5 with your combo plus the trans brake. Slicks take a lot of the guess work out of tuning for traction.

I have always had great performance out of M/T Sportsman Pro's
Minimal tread design and great traction street or strip. Watch out when it just starts to rain though.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The car has been a best of 1.58 60' on the et streets last fall. I left on 5psi on the t-brake(did not lift front tires). 7psi it would actually lift tires. But start to spin 10feet out resulting in 1.70 60's

Car is pretty much stock suspension. I need a 1.45ish 60' to get the 9.99 I want. If you guys think it'll happen with an actual drag radial ill do that vs running a slick with a tube

Word of advise.... If you go the slick route, get a matched set. When you get them, measure the roll out yourself and make sure they are what is penciled on the tire.
My Bias ply ET streets hook on ice. Makes the car way more fun to drive now.

A lot of guys at my local track run the m&h slicks. My Buddy had a 700rwhp cobra with aod conversion and was cutting 1.3's off foot brake. I am running the nt05r's now but going to the m&h on a 16x8 rim. I have no good input on the nto5r's because I am still dialing in my tune and had issues testing last year. I'm only looking for a 1.5 60' also.

The car has been a best of 1.58 60' on the et streets last fall. I left on 5psi on the t-brake(did not lift front tires). 7psi it would actually lift tires. But start to spin 10feet out resulting in 1.70 60's
The radials will do what you need. Footbraking will work better. What shocks are you running? The slicks will need more boost on the launch to 60' the same. You need to play with tire pressure and do a good burnout. The radials are a different animal than slicks. If you try to use them like slicks, they will not work. If you make some adjustments, they work better than slicks.

Stock springs. Bilstein shocks

Main reason for wanting something more than an et street is I just want it to be as simple as possible and take all the guess work out.

Foot braking is non gunna work. My brakes won't hold that much booSt

Main reason for wanting something more than an et street is I just want it to be as simple as possible and take all the guess work out.

Ahh... If you want simple. Drag radial all the way.
I wanted more traction on the street for tuning 1/2 gears.

You should be able to 60' in the 1.4's off 5 psi off the foot brake. Work on your brakes to get it to hold boost. A properly working powermaster will hold 10+psi.

Ok just to clarify. M/t makes et streets, drag radials, slicks..... If I get drag radials (not et streets) How many street miles will they last?

Ok just to clarify. M/t makes et streets, drag radials, slicks..... If I get drag radials (not et streets) How many street miles will they last?
Depends on how much driving that you do.. The M/T drag radials will get you where you want to go. I have 275/60 on a stock T wheel, the 255/60s have been in the 9s already

Depends on how much driving that you do.. The M/T drag radials will get you where you want to go. I have 275/60 on a stock T wheel, the 255/60s have been in the 9s already

I got about 4000miles and 2 track visits out of my et streets

You need to use your e-brake!!!!

can hold 12/15lb launch....easy!!!!

add a piece of cable to the handle of the e-brake, set brake and hold yor brake down and pull your foot and hand at the sams TIME!!!!

Did this for YEARS , before i got a tranns brake

give a call be happy to help you set it up 941 416 7509

and KEEP THE DRAG RADAILS!!!!!

I see a 2 step in your future......:)

Bryan

I would stick with the Drag Radials, if you got slicks then you would spend alot of time changing tires

Car is pretty much stock suspension. I need a 1.45ish 60' to get the 9.99 I want. If you guys think it'll happen with an actual drag radial ill do that vs running a slick with a tube
Get some suspension work. Just ran HR bar yesterday and it makes a world of difference. Stock boxed control arms too

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395017545.121551.jpg
these?