Starting my hybrid project (UPDATES)

Nice Job

i might be wrong but i think the hurst comes with an 8.5 inch rear end,at lest the 84 cars do.any way the car looks bad a** keep up the good work:cool: :D :cool:

Newest update

After a few smll wiring snafus(Thanks Cal)
The car is now up and running,Ran it to check all fluids
and look for leaks,Alls good.
Sounds great and should have insurance and reg hopefully by
the weekend.
There are a few small things to finish up and tuck away.
Cant wait to drive it.

No beating till the rear is done,Hopefully this weekend.
A non posi 3.73 rear and 215-65-15s= very dangerous ride.
I still need to work out the boost controller on the XFI

Good work

Looks awesome Otto! That should really make for a killer street car and if you leave the stock rims on I'd say it will also be one heck of a sleeper.:cool:

Looks awesome Otto! That should really make for a killer street car and if you leave the stock rims on I'd say it will also be one heck of a sleeper.:cool:

For now thats the plan,I am thinking about having the stock rears stretched a bit if I cant get the right drag radial to fit

beautiful car, my buddy had the 15th ann. one, i was slow but looked great. im doing a cutlass 109 project to just going another route....

Attachments

• IMG00022.jpg
    IMG00022.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 775
Put the new rear in this morning and took it off the jacks,One thing is fur sure,The V8 olds springs are a bit heavier so the car is a tad bit high in the front,I may try to raise the back and take a look,but may end up installing a stock set off GN springs.

Put the new rear in this morning and took it off the jacks,One thing is fur sure,The V8 olds springs are a bit heavier so the car is a tad bit high in the front,I may try to raise the back and take a look,but may end up installing a stock set off GN springs.

I put the Moog 5606's in mine. It rides stock height. :)

Looks good Otto......good luck with it.

Thanks Rich,I just got home from doing drivability tuning,This thing is a blast to drive at 18#s on 215-65s:D
Actually a bit dangerous on the highway:eek:

No I see why you find it so mch fun to drive the wifes car.
Ill keep it at 11.50 and race you for bracket rights at the EFI shootout;)