Stage 2 GN build

Accessories are done and I loaded the bullet in the chamber.
null_zps22c50a4a.jpg

I have a question for Mike and/or Chris How do you plan on priming the Peterson Pump? I bought Jones Racing pulleys and the pulley is held on by a small allenhead bolt on the face of the pulley, surely I cannot use that to prime it can I? I would think that there would be too much resistance caused by the oil and the bolt could shear. Adrian

Yes, you can use the allen head bolt on the end of the pump shaft. Don't try to spin it too fast and it will be fine. If it ends up being hard to get to, you can buy a spare pulley and make a mandrel to hold it in the drill and with a spare belt drive the pump from below.

I have used a 1/4"bolt with a nut tightened up so the hex matches on the bolt and nut. This allows me to use a 7/16" - 1/4" drive swivel socket with a long extension and drive it with a drill at an angle that I can get to. Been doing this for 20 years+ and its probably still the same bolt!! Recently I found that ARP actually makes a special bolt just for this purpose and I lucked into one on E-bay. Sorry I dont know the part number , but its a trick little bolt. The extra lenght of the hex on both makes life much easier. Mike

Attachments

• MVC-044S.JPG
    MVC-044S.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 261
  • MVC-045S.JPG
    MVC-045S.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 258
ooooh I like that ARP bolt. I tried looking for it on Jegs and ebay and came up empty. Thanks for the idea.

Thanks. I can't believe it's mine it's so nice.

It's getting really close now. I made a throttle cable mount.
IMG_0246_zpsd78732f9.jpg

Downpipe is done.
IMG_0241_zps35c3f6cd.jpg

IMG_0243_zpsbae7169a.jpg

And now everything under the hood is done.
IMG_0244_zps9fe220f9.jpg

IMG_0245_zpsd6439036.jpg

IMG_0247_zps34890af3.jpg

I have to build the exhaust from the downpipe back and finish welding the crossover for the headers. Then I get to take the exhaust all back apart and give it the final cleaning. Then put it back together and start double checking everything. It probably won't fire up today very soon. :)

Damn mike beautiful man!! Bet u can't even sleep at nite!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I've been working on it since thursday and doing at least 10 hours a day. I've been so worn out, I fall right asleep. :)

That thing sure is coming to get her quick, looks very nice. I can't wait to see it again.

The fabrication is done (for now). I'll probably change a few things, but the last item on my fab to do list was the exhaust and it's fit and tacked. I'm going to weld it at a friends shop that has a mig because this would be about 3 hours of welding with a tig.

IMG_0250_zps06004c92.jpg

IMG_0249_zpsba25c720.jpg

IMG_0248_zpsfc4da7c7.jpg

Very Nice work, but why would you limit yourself to a 3 bolt turbo is it a class thing?

U don't want to run everyone off right out of the gate!!!