Stage 2 GN build

If you guys are willing to help me get it tuned in also, I'll bring it wherever. I'm hoping Travis can give me a hand, but he is usuallly pretty busy. I'm going to need help getting the boost controller right. There are so many options there.

What boost controller you running?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'm using the xfi for boost control. It can do rpm based boost, speed based boost. I can use the power adder function for some timers, open loop, closed loop, etc. I'm not sure what is prefered and with so many options it could take a while to get there.

I could use the fast dash also. But it's speed based only but with really good resolution.

If you guys go to Huntsville I want to be there.:D I made three passes last night. The track prep has been good so far this year.

If we hadn't worked a deal on this car I would still be dealing with paint shop jail with the other one. Are you taking you TA to ls fest this year?
No mike, I backed out of ls Fest do to lack of work and the TA is just not ready to be pushed where it needs to be to be competitive. I am going to Norwalk instead

If you guys are willing to help me get it tuned in also, I'll bring it wherever. I'm hoping Travis can give me a hand, but he is usuallly pretty busy. I'm going to need help getting the boost controller right. There are so many options there.

With Chris building the motor this is something tha goes along with it. We will help you tune it. What boost controller?

I would use that in closed loop analog 8 and target pressure at the top of the wastegate

I would not do anything in closed loop until you are familiar with what duty cycle does what boost level, this thing could skyrocket to the moon in closed loop...with improper settings(gate sizing)

I'm using the xfi boost controller with a single solenoid and co2

We will set it up with the sensor on top of the gate like an AMS and run it open loop until we get a handle on it. It can be ran closed loop eventually to contol gate pressure.

Dusty I was there Friday Night. Decent turnout for the night before qualifing. I made three passes. Was trying
for the "Fastest Drag Radial" pass. Car was leaving like a turd.

Chris, would you mind snapping some photos of the block from the front end, I am just about to start playing with building a bracket for my Peterson onto the Danny Bee cover and I am just trying to get ideas on how you are pivoting the pump to tighten the tension.

Are you using the stock 5/16" bolts? Are they strong enough?

Thanks a lot,

Adrian

I think the 5/16 bolts will be fine
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1377552875.094243.jpg

Dusty I was there Friday Night. Decent turnout for the night before qualifing. I made three passes. Was trying
for the "Fastest Drag Radial" pass. Car was leaving like a turd.

Gotcha. Friday nights are football games for me now. Hate I missed ya.

Chris, I have a weird question for you, or maybe someone else can answer.

I went to put the crank, cam gears and the tensioner pulley on the motor and then the BHJ balancer (with the 3 tooth crank hall effect windows pressed onto the backside)

I noticed that the windows touch the tensioner pulley, so much so that they stop the rotation of the crank.

Can I simply put the balancer into a lather and machine off 0.050-0.100 off the windows and will the hall effect still work fine?

did you encounter any problems like this?

Adrian

Chris, I have a weird question for you, or maybe someone else can answer.

I went to put the crank, cam gears and the tensioner pulley on the motor and then the BHJ balancer (with the 3 tooth crank hall effect windows pressed onto the backside)

I noticed that the windows touch the tensioner pulley, so much so that they stop the rotation of the crank.

Can I simply put the balancer into a lather and machine off 0.050-0.100 off the windows and will the hall effect still work fine?

did you encounter any problems like this?

Adrian
You are using the stock crank sensor ?
I'm using A trigger wheel that Mike made and it goes on front of the balancer. You have to see where the tooth comes threw the sensor and see if you cut .100 off if will still stick out for the sensor to pick it up. You might have to make A spacer to go behind the balancer to space it out more.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1377689327.174861.jpg

adding a small spacer sounds like a good idea, it'll save me work that's for sure. The question I now have is would a spacer effect the balance of the motor?

I guess what I am unclear of is if our motors a internally balanced? If so, then I can't see why spacing out a balancer 0.150 to 0.250" would effect the balance of the motor. Could anyone confirm or explain otherwise.

Adrian

adding a small spacer sounds like a good idea, it'll save me work that's for sure. The question I now have is would a spacer effect the balance of the motor?

I guess what I am unclear of is if our motors a internally balanced? If so, then I can't see why spacing out a balancer 0.150 to 0.250" would effect the balance of the motor. Could anyone confirm or explain otherwise.

Adrian
Your engine should be internal balanced. The spacer will not hurt anything. Look at your balancer if it does not have A weight on it it's internal balance.