Stage 2 GN build

the only thing I see on the backside of the BHJ balancer is a small 1/4" hole that has been drilled in very very little, similar to how crankshafts are drilled for balancing. NO weights on the balancer itself however.

Would that mean I am okay?

adding a small spacer sounds like a good idea, it'll save me work that's for sure. The question I now have is would a spacer effect the balance of the motor?

I guess what I am unclear of is if our motors a internally balanced? If so, then I can't see why spacing out a balancer 0.150 to 0.250" would effect the balance of the motor. Could anyone confirm or explain otherwise.

Adrian
Your engine should be internal balanced. The spacer will not hurt anything. Look at your balancer if it does not have A weight on it it's internal balance.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It's internal balanced then. Putting the spacer on would not matter either way.

Intake getting close
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1377914407.089757.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1377914424.840541.jpg

You could make some good money at the scrap yard with all the aluminum chips left over from the intake and heads. :)

chris did you make this or did Mike?

What is the purpose of spacing the throttle body forward?

I didn't make it. I'm not sure if this is a Chris only item or not, but you can get one from him.

It took me a while to notice, but everybody should know that that is a 70mm throttlbody on an upper plenum with a 90mm hole in it. He must have made a radiused filler to bush it down to 70mm. Chris misses no details.

I like that radial taper from 70mm to 90mm. I wonder how he did that? Maybe he justed used a router? :)

Adrian

Looks good. That's another part off my to do list. You can buy buick v6 parts from summit afterall. ;)

Got a good look a that lady yesterday. Boy is she fine. If u find anything in ur cylinder I'm sorry she rubbed me the wrong way. That is one sexy beast!!! Whoop ass and take names!!

Finished up the drive mandrel today.
It ended up being shorter than I thought, so I cut a bunch of the length off in the bandsaw. Then I had to start whittling it down.
null_zps7f9e9e00.jpg

Cut down to final diameter. 1.000
null_zps59f789e7.jpg

Drilled and tapped the end for a bolt to sandwhich the pulleys together
null_zps21b57b8d.jpg

Pulleys stacked up.
null_zpsf04e1f7b.jpg

I had to counterbore the back to fit over the balancer bolt.
null_zpsdeed413e.jpg

I was able to to finish that up because I now have the motor. I picked it up last night. Big thanks to Chris Hogeland, it turned out so much nicer than I had imagined.
null_zps963af845.jpg

null_zps52b7cbfb.jpg

Here are some more pics of the drive mandel setup.
null_zps843c1846.jpg

null_zps86b56159.jpg

Did you make your oil pump mount? I am thinking about going the route of an external oil pump.

Yes I did. Peterson has a bunch of different mounts, but I figured I could make one to fit with my stuff better.