Stage 2 GN build

Thanks, I take a lot of pride in doing it right the first time. I have made quite a few parts that never got posted here because I threw them away and made new ones. I wish I had kept up with the time I have in this project.

It's alive. I took one of the sample sbc programs and changed the settings for my motor, configured the 7531 box and it lit right up. I've got a couple little leaks to deal with and need a better startup file, but I might get to take it for a spin around the block this weekend. I have the dash mostly configured also.

Good job Mike! All of your hard work has paid off. Can't wait to see some video.

Thanks for all the compliments.

I got all the leaks fixed. Trans is full of fluid and seems to be working fine (still on jackstands). The xfi still needs lots of tuning. I'll get some better video tomorrow when I pull it out of the garage.

Mike, fatten up that idle. It sounds really lean.

Great job bud, can't wait to see her go at BG.

Adrian

You would be suprised. Karolko is right it was pretty lean. I'm having a tough time getting these 160's to idle with a consistent a/f. It seems everytime I get them stable, a few minutes later they lean out. The air fuel is set to 13.5 in the table in the idle cells. I get actual a/f rock solid at 13.5 and a few min later it's 15.0 and surging.

Tuning is not one of my strengths. I can set one up and I know the basics, but I've got a lot to learn with xfi.

You would be suprised. Karolko is right it was pretty lean. I'm having a tough time getting these 160's to idle with a consistent a/f. It seems everytime I get them stable, a few minutes later they lean out. The air fuel is set to 13.5 in the table in the idle cells. I get actual a/f rock solid at 13.5 and a few min later it's 15.0 and surging.

Tuning is not one of my strengths. I can set one up and I know the basics, but I've got a lot to learn with xfi.

Mike, maybe this will help, but likely you have already looked into this, check your Dyn o2 inhibit delay. When I changed over to the 2.0 firmware the update reset the delay to 25 seconds, so it appeared that the o2 readings were bang on.... Mine is set on 0.3.

Maybe just maybe that will help.

Adrian

It was set to .6, so i guess it's unlikely that was a problem. I have a few thing to check (exhaust leak, trash in injectors etc.) ,but I'm waiting on parts to fix a couple issues before I spend more time tuning.

After I rule out mechanical issues that's on my list to check. It's real possible that is the problem because I'm not sure the alt is turning fast enough at idle to charge. It seems to be fine above idle. I brought it up to 0 boost on the brake and it came up easy and a/f looked good.

The downside to having built so much stuff myself is that I'm nervous and constantly checking everything and can't concentrate on just one thing (tuning). I need an extra pair of eyes on the tune and I might get that this weekend.

having built so much stuff myself is that I'm nervous and constantly checking everything and can't concentrate on just one thing.

I know exactly what you mean. Mine is not nearly as nice as yours but when I'm working on it I check everything two or three times and sometimes more.

This is probably an injector offset voltage issue, what are the ve numbers at idle? and pw

This is probably an injector offset voltage issue, what are the ve numbers at idle? and pw

They had to be in the 50's to get it to idle at 13.5, but then it would lean out. Don't know what the pw is at idle, never looked.

Does anyone have a good starting point for injector offset vs. batt voltage for a green top 160? This is what I have now. It was in the 350tb160.gct in the example programs. I'm not sure I understand what this does, I don't remember seeing it in Classic Fast. Does it add that much pulse width depending on battery voltage?
injoffbattvolt_zps99e00406.jpg