Stage 2 GN build

They had to be in the 50's to get it to idle at 13.5, but then it would lean out. Don't know what the pw is at idle, never looked.

Does anyone have a good starting point for injector offset vs. batt voltage for a green top 160? This is what I have now. It was in the 350tb160.gct in the example programs. I'm not sure I understand what this does, I don't remember seeing it in Classic Fast. Does it add that much pulse width depending on battery voltage?

Yes, it will add back the dead time of the injector. Have you checked the .ict folder for the correct injector?

Classic fast had a fixed battery offset table that would be multiplied by the injector opening time setting in operational parameters.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I had to put new springs in the front, the ones I had were in coil bind at ride height. I put some 10" 400lb. springs in there and it's better. I finally got to go for a ride around the block. My wife did a video with her phone of the second time I went down the road. It died twice, out of fuel, but it went down the road that's success for me for now.
IMG_0258_zpsfb05747e.jpg

IMG_0259_zpse9f42fc6.jpg

Looks good mike, what's your thoughts on the spring choice for weight transfer?

As long and as light as you can fit, but you need good shocks to control the car when you use a light spring. I have 12"-130's in the rear with height adjusters.

Looks amazing! Sounds like your wife giggled/tried not to laugh at about 0:11. Made me laugh! Was that when it died?

What is your injector offset at now and how much voltage do you have at idle?

Usually a 16 volt system is around .9 injector offset with a 160# injector. Less volts may require a higher number like 1.1.

Looks amazing! Sounds like your wife giggled/tried not to laugh at about 0:11. Made me laugh! Was that when it died?
Yes, it died as I pulled out of the driveway. It died again before As I was coming back up my street and I coasted into the driveway. I ran it down really low in the fuel cell and I could see the fuel pressure dropping around turns. I have a fuel line that has a slow drip and I already pulled it apart to fix it twice. Each time I had to wear a gallon of pump gas, so I'm trying to run it low so I can fix it again.

What is your injector offset at now and how much voltage do you have at idle?

Usually a 16 volt system is around .9 injector offset with a 160# injector. Less volts may require a higher number like 1.1.

It about 13.0v at idle (12v system) but it oscilates some. I'm driving the alternator with a 4" pulley on the drive mandrel and about a 2" pulley on the alt. i tried lowering the injector offset from where it was and that didn't seem to help. Sounds like I went the wrong way.

I'm going to change the oil, new plugs and put c16 in it and leave it alone until this weekend. I have a few more items on the to do list to take care of.

Yes you went the wrong way. Lower voltage requires a higher offset. It may need to be 1.2 or 1.3 at 13 volts. Then you can fine tune the ve number at idle by adjusting the offset. If your ve at idle is 50 and actual a/f is 13.5, raise the offset to make the car richer. You can then lower your ve number to get the actual a/f where you want it. Keep working these numbers until you get your actual a/f around 13.0 and your ve numbers in the 30-35 range.

Technically your not supposed to mess with the offset, since what will happen is that if calls for o2 correction the numbers will be not accurate anymore, but everyone messes with it, including me or it will never run right.

I hotwired my injectors and fast off the battery so they see the exact same voltage. My idle VE is in the high 50's with the offset specs from injector dynamics.

Who knows if there is a magic VE number

It all sounds Greek to me, I cant wait until i get more into fine tuning. Mike I do apologize if you've stated it before but what was done to the rear of your car to fit your tires under there like that and what size are your rims/tires and back spacing. Thanks and your car looks and sounds great but "ask" your wife next time to record a little longer, the turning in the driveway shot with the car idling would have been the money shot.....I'm sure others like me were hoping for just 5 more seconds.;)

We need data logs of the injector open time, BPw and HR pw, battery voltage and ve to see where they are running at. 160's are horrible at a certain PW they will go lean as you increase the pw then all of a sudden go super fat, so you wan to stay out of that range.

I have one car where I have to run the offset at .4. If I run the offset at the recommended numbers it makes the ve numbers around 10-11 at idle. This creates a big problem tuning the engine at idle because changing the ve number from 10-11 is a 10% change so its not happy. By running the offset down to .4 and getting the ve numbers up into the high 20's the car is much easier to tune idling or during the transition to the trans brake.

I have one car where I have to run the offset at .4. If I run the offset at the recommended numbers it makes the ve numbers around 10-11 at idle. This creates a big problem tuning the engine at idle because changing the ve number from 10-11 is a 10% change so its not happy. By running the offset down to .4 and getting the ve numbers up into the high 20's the car is much easier to tune idling or during the transition to the trans brake.

Makes sense. Either way it shouldn't effect WOT that much because the dead time is such a small percentage of the pw as the opening time increases. Would you agree?

The wheels are 15x10 with 4.5" backspacing. I bought the chassis with the frame already notched. The key to making it work is the custom width rearend. I put the wheels and tires under the car where they fit the best and measured flange to flange and made the rearend to that width. I also have a lot of adjustment in the control arm mounting points, an out of the box 9" housing might have instant center problems being that low.

My wife hadn't ever done a video with her phone, she wants me to apologize to everyone for the quality. :) It would have been cool to have it idling in the driveway, but even if she had kept filming, the car had died coming up the road. Come to BG and see it in person. :)

I will be there and I will bring my tunnel ram intake just in case you find time in the future for an efi conversion.

Your wife did a fine job, just tell her not to giggle when it dies! Thought my wife was filming there for a sec. She laughs at my car-pain!

Car looks great brother. You have made such HUGE progress very quickly! Its really coming together! Can't wait to see some wheels up, bottom-8 runs!

Dusty the man on the xfi just got to get everybody at the same place at the same time. He will have it doing what it needs do in no time.

Dusty the man on the xfi just got to get everybody at the same place at the same time. He will have it doing what it needs do in no time.

And I hear he can supply a decent converter too ;)