SR7 Performance - anyone here dealt with them?

BTW...Anyone heard from the "Liar" (Chris) lately? We're still waiting on those numbers. You've had a week to produce the facts.

Frank
CPT

Yeh I would slam it in reverse JUST to make Scott look bad:confused: , then have the utter JOY of pulling that fawker back out in 120* heat, with two herniated discs in my back and a fused spine in my neck... JUST to make him look bad, he has done a fine job of looking bad on his own......amazes me how some people think:rolleyes:

The trans has $700 worth of hard parts in it I bought from PATC, I sent up there with the trans(or so I think they are in there)

He missed something simple? He had the trans over a MONTH! NOTHING should have been missed.

It truly amazes me how business owners defend other business owners. They consider the business owner the victim because I had the BALLS to QUESTION what he was doing with MY $2500 transmission in a public forum! And the other business owners see ME as the azzhole here? In case you guys have not forgotten, customers bring in REVENUE.....money, in case you have forgotten.

I remember EVERYTHING I am told, my memory is second to none. And people that I deal with over the phone somehow, forget what they tell me...then get pissed when I pin them down on what they tell me. Crazy.

The world is truly upside down and backwards.

Calm down guy,
I never said you did that, and I doubt you would with the BS you've been through on this deal.
I am all for a customer being able to put there side of a story on an internet forum, I've been there. I thrash BTE about their junk ass converters pretty often.
You are right, nothing should have been missed, but if an automatic transmission was a simple device, YOU would be the one rebuilding it, not a "business owner".
Shyt happens. A good builder will have a low comeback ratio, but even the best get to learn from their mistakes sometimes.
It sounds like the guy is willing to try to fix it, and probably wants to do so to salvage any reputation he may have left.
Whether you give him that opportunity or not is up to you (THE CUSTOMER).
It is a predicament.
However it looks like you have nothing to lose but the time of R&R'ing the trans, some ATF, and a bit of hassle, if he covers everything.
Worst case scenario, it still doesn't work, and you have Frank build you another.
The overall $$ cost in the end is almost identical.

I'm not here to defend the SR7 guy, I don't know him, never heard of him, and doubt I'll ever be in a scenario to do business with him.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck, but ANYTHING could have gone wrong with the trans. What anybody deals with cars knows is, one guy built it, another guy installed it, and now it's broke.
A misadjusted shifter can cause trans failure. A dipstick that reads improperly, and about 100 other things.

One thing to think about,
Would YOU send out a trans that was bad intentionally, KNOWING the results would be posted for all to see?

Calm down guy,
I never said you did that, and I doubt you would with the BS you've been through on this deal.
I am all for a customer being able to put there side of a story on an internet forum, I've been there. I thrash BTE about their junk ass converters pretty often.
You are right, nothing should have been missed, but if an automatic transmission was a simple device, YOU would be the one rebuilding it, not a "business owner".
Shyt happens. A good builder will have a low comeback ratio, but even the best get to learn from their mistakes sometimes.
It sounds like the guy is willing to try to fix it, and probably wants to do so to salvage any reputation he may have left.
Whether you give him that opportunity or not is up to you (THE CUSTOMER).
It is a predicament.
However it looks like you have nothing to lose but the time of R&R'ing the trans, some ATF, and a bit of hassle, if he covers everything.
Worst case scenario, it still doesn't work, and you have Frank build you another.
The overall $$ cost in the end is almost identical.

I'm not here to defend the SR7 guy, I don't know him, never heard of him, and doubt I'll ever be in a scenario to do business with him.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck, but ANYTHING could have gone wrong with the trans. What anybody deals with cars knows is, one guy built it, another guy installed it, and now it's broke.
A misadjusted shifter can cause trans failure. A dipstick that reads improperly, and about 100 other things.

One thing to think about,
Would YOU send out a trans that was bad intentionally, KNOWING the results would be posted for all to see?

Well you know it would have been ALOT different if he would have stood by his word in the initial repair, instead of the way he handled it. I would be in a totally different frame of mind.

I think I should be re-imbursed the $562 I paid him, plus the $280 in shipping.

David

Well said Jake!!

If all you want is $$$$ and he has agreed to pay freight both ways,see about some kind of refund,and go your seperate ways.

Personally,if he was willing to give me $300-$400,id cut my loses and be done with em.Thats alot better than others have gotten from vendors.

Anyone that would refund all the $$$$ without seeing why the transmission failed is a fool so I dont really blame Scott on that....

Well said Jake!!

If all you want is $$$$ and he has agreed to pay freight both ways,see about some kind of refund,and go your seperate ways.

Personally,if he was willing to give me $300-$400,id cut my loses and be done with em.Thats alot better than others have gotten from vendors.

Anyone that would refund all the $$$$ without seeing why the transmission failed is a fool so I dont really blame Scott on that....

I havent approached Scott on the refund, But since he hit me with 3 times the original estimate, and had the trans a month....$800 seems fair to me, $40 less than what it cost me to get it back and not working. 3 or 4 hundred bucks aint gonna get it. I guess my labor on my back is free? No one takes that into account. What if I was paying a shop to install this trans?

David

Yes,
Your labor on your back IS free. I don't know of ANY transmission shop that will pay for the R&R labor on a bench rebuild.

Several reasons:
The shop has no control of the quality of the R&R, and actually assumes some risk by selling a bench rebuild. How does the shop know that you properly installed the converter, properly flushed the lines, filled the fluid, adjusted the shifter cable, TV cable as applicable, etc?

I would much rather do the R&R on any trans I build simply because, if there is a problem, I don't have a customer laying on their back, irritated with me, I have total control of the build and install. If something goes wrong, guess who's at fault... ME.

It is generally understood that a shop isn't responsible for labor of R&R on a bench rebuild. I know of some shops that WILL NOT do a bench rebuild.

Yes,
Your labor on your back IS free. I don't know of ANY transmission shop that will pay for the R&R labor on a bench rebuild.

Several reasons:
The shop has no control of the quality of the R&R, and actually assumes some risk by selling a bench rebuild. How does the shop know that you properly installed the converter, properly flushed the lines, filled the fluid, adjusted the shifter cable, TV cable as applicable, etc?

I would much rather do the R&R on any trans I build simply because, if there is a problem, I don't have a customer laying on their back, irritated with me, I have total control of the build and install. If something goes wrong, guess who's at fault... ME.

It is generally understood that a shop isn't responsible for labor of R&R on a bench rebuild. I know of some shops that WILL NOT do a bench rebuild.

Well lets see, I was a dealership line tech for 12 years, there was no flushing required, it is all new. I adjusted the shifter cable per the factory service manual, it has no throttle valve cable, the converter dropped in it's 3 clicks.

But I do see where you are coming from, some yayhoos DONT know what they are doing.

David

No doubt it sucks to R&R a trans (several times) for something you can't control.
Most guys with a car of the caliber of yours KNOW how to install a converter, will do the necessary steps to insure it is right (flush, TV cable, etc), and that is what a builder who will sell a hi-perf bench rebuild is relying on.

I've been a GM line tech too, but we had trimmers who probably couldn't R&R a trans without fouling something up, and I worked with mechanics at the GM dealership with 9 yrs of dealership experience who didn't know how to adjust valves.

This hobby is a PITA sometimes, for everyone involved. I could make more money doing run of the mill daily drivers. I hate working on those types of cars though. I have no interest.
So instead this week I've been playing a game of "find out what headers don't work on a 1st gen Camaro with PS, A/C, and angle plug heads", which is most of them.

You'll get it figured out. You have several options.

I honestly wouldn't even build a 4L60E for your car. I don't think they are ultimately capable (no matter who the builder is) and I would recommend stepping up to a 4L80E.

Good luck.

I don't know what I am gonna do as of now, Frank at Cahall has offered to do me right. I will get it out tommorrow and decide then.

David

I honestly wouldn't even build a 4L60E for your car. I don't think they are ultimately capable (no matter who the builder is) and I would recommend stepping up to a 4L80E.

Good luck.

LOL...We're trying not to slow Dave down. We'll leave the 4L80E stuff to hacks like Chris, who can't get a 4L60E right.

Frank
CPT

I doubt a 4L80E would cause any significant loss of ET.
I'll have some better data when a recent customer gets his car to the track with a 4L80 swapped in place of a 700-R4.
It isn't fast enough that I expect to see ANY difference.

Everyone talks about the HP loss due to rotating weight, and I've seen only negligable differences between say a TH350-TH400 swap (hundredths on a mid 10 second car), and know of others who have seen ZERO difference. This is with a 10 lb additional internal rotating weight.

I don't know about others, but I will gladly give up .05 of ET for a reliable trans, and I would be willing to bet FastFatBoy would too right about now.

frank lets get started right here.the questions i posed werent posed because i was looking for answers.i had them already.if you have not ran into these things you obviously havent built many or are still fighting these types of problems.your building on a buget with old parts and technology.that is how you keep the price down.we are on a different level.your repeated references to liar and hack is perhaps a mirrored image and reference to the face you wash in the morning.internet threats are just that.threats.if we were face to face it would be interesting to see where the yelling would get you. your yelling on the phone only proves that you are still in your infancy and as such cant interact on an adult level.much like baby cries for mommys breast milk because thats all it knows.i am not here pushing you around ,your doing it to yourself.and believe me when i pull your unit itll be all over the internet.rpm once,back to you twice,off to pittsburg.you know the trans.and as for your threats(whose going to run my business when im gone)thats kid stuff.in the land of the blind one eye rules ,stop tripping over your tongue.and stop this name calling we arent in grammar school,although your iq and vocabulary prove otherwise.

frank lets get started right here.the questions i posed werent posed because i was looking for answers.i had them already.if you have not ran into these things you obviously havent built many or are still fighting these types of problems.your building on a buget with old parts and technology.that is how you keep the price down.we are on a different level.your repeated references to liar and hack is perhaps a mirrored image and reference to the face you wash in the morning.internet threats are just that.threats.if we were face to face it would be interesting to see where the yelling would get you. your yelling on the phone only proves that you are still in your infancy and as such cant interact on an adult level.much like baby cries for mommys breast milk because thats all it knows.i am not here pushing you around ,your doing it to yourself.and believe me when i pull your unit itll be all over the internet.rpm once,back to you twice,off to pittsburg.you know the trans.and as for your threats(whose going to run my business when im gone)thats kid stuff.in the land of the blind one eye rules ,stop tripping over your tongue.and stop this name calling we arent in grammar school,although your iq and vocabulary prove otherwise.

Chris,
Stop whining, and get some numbers posted. Nobody wants to continually read your excuses.
You still can't grasp reality. The reality IS, I'm building them to work and last where you can't. Make whatever excuses that you like. That's just plain fact. You know about my rep on CZ, that's why you ran from there. You keep running your mouth about what "old technology" I use...But...It works, whereas you "Superior technology" doesn't...LOL.
Yes, you're still a phony, and a liar, and a hack. Those aren't threats...They're just reality. a reality you're still making excuses for.

Frank
CPT

BTW...Anyone heard from the "Liar" (Chris) lately? We're still waiting on those numbers. You've had a week to produce the facts.

Frank
CPT

He stated that there were 3 cars ahead of your unit & before he could get the numbers for you. Also something about making you sweat & teaching you a lesson was mentioned in my e-mail. :confused: That doesn't seem to professional to me?

The only ? now would be how long does it take to build 3 transmissions? If i couldn't get 3 units out the door in a week in my shops i would fire all the employees, lock the doors & burn the building! :biggrin:

The "agreement" Scott faxed me was not what I specified

It was not signed by him

It did not specify a turnaround time

Two things that I EXPRESSLY told him needed to be on there. Another attempt at a slick move on his part? Or just an oversight? Decide on your own on that one.

Scott called me 6 or 7 times yesterday, I was busy at work, it was buck azz crazy there yesterday....he seems very anxious at this point.

And for the record, I do not know the history between CK and Frank, but if I was in that pissing match....I would drag a floor jack out there with a mirror and get the numbers off that trans.....you can take pics to verify later.

Well back out to the shop to pull it out while it is still SOMEWHAT cool outside!

David

I would drag a floor jack out there with a mirror and get the numbers off that trans.....you can take pics to verify later.

David

Dave, you wouldn't even need a mirror. They would be in plain sight. It's nice to see others are realizing that Chris is lying about this. I'm sure he's already realized he's written a check he can't cash. He's still making excuses and trying everything he can to throw people off the facts. He keeps insinuating I'm uneducated, and so forth. I wonder if he realizes how stupid that makes him look? If I'm so uneducated, why is it a FACT that I can build a better 4L60E than him:rolleyes:

One thing that struck me very oddly about Chris. First of all, he started making physical threats. My guess is that was to cover up his transmission inabilities. But the biggest thing that I noticed is, he judges hiw success by dollars and cents. He kept ranting about how much mondey he made last year. I, personally, judge my success by how many satisfied customers I have, and I let my transmissions build a superior reputation for me.

Frank
CPT

I have decided to send the trans to Cahall, it is on it's way.

I faxed Scott at SR7 telling him this, this is word for word that I put on the fax:

Scott,

Since there is no reference to a turnaround time frame nor a (your) signature on this document which I told you this was the only way I would agree to send it back. I have decided to send the trans elsewhere.

I would like a refund of $800, forty dollars less than it cost me to send it both ways and pay your bill of $562 for a trans that does not work.

It will be sent to Cahall, if you would llike a copy of the shipping bill to him for proof that the trans is out of the car and on its way to him I can provide it.

As soon as I sent the fax my cell phone was ringing. Then he called me at work, saying that if I sent it to Cahall there would be no warranty(duh:rolleyes: ). I said I did not want to deal with him, I did not care about his warranty. He told me that if one of the hard parts that I sent up there to be installed on the initial build had broken...there would be no warranty anyway(what did I tell you guys!)I told him I was done with him, and that I wanted a $800 refund on a trans that did not work, that he was a crook. A few other words were said.

He told me I would recieve a letter from his lawyer for slander:wink:

Got a little news flash for ya Scott, it ain't slander if it's the TRUTH!

Scott obviously does not install the hard parts in his transmissions that I sent up there to be put in.....he could not answer me directly when I asked him this. And if this is so...how does he make a 4L60E/700r4 live ina (by his own admission) a 800 hp blown big block? Makes you wonder if he installed the parts I sent up there. We gonna find out here shortly.

David

I have decided to send the trans to Cahall, it is on it's way.

I faxed Scott at SR7 telling him this, this is word for word that I put on the fax:

Scott,

Since there is no reference to a turnaround time frame nor a (your) signature on this document which I told you this was the only way I would agree to send it back. I have decided to send the trans elsewhere.

I would like a refund of $800, forty dollars less than it cost me to send it both ways and pay your bill of $562 for a trans that does not work.

It will be sent to Cahall, if you would llike a copy of the shipping bill to him for proof that the trans is out of the car and on its way to him I can provide it.

As soon as I sent the fax my cell phone was ringing. Then he called me at work, saying that if I sent it to Cahall there would be no warranty(duh:rolleyes: ). I said I did not want to deal with him, I did not care about his warranty. He told me that if one of the hard parts that I sent up there to be installed on the initial build had broken...there would be no warranty anyway(what did I tell you guys!)I told him I was done with him, and that I wanted a $800 refund on a trans that did not work, that he was a crook. A few other words were said.

He told me I would recieve a letter from his lawyer for slander:wink:

Got a little news flash for ya Scott, it ain't slander if it's the TRUTH!

Scott obviously does not install the hard parts in his transmissions that I sent up there to be put in.....he could not answer me directly when I asked him this. And if this is so...how does he make a 4L60E/700r4 live ina (by his own admission) a 800 hp blown big block? Makes you wonder if he installed the parts I sent up there. We gonna find out here shortly.

David

There is an Old saying,
Screw me once shame on you, Screw me twice shame on me:D

Luke Juke

There is an Old saying,
Screw me once shame on you, Screw me twice shame on me:D

Luke Juke

You I said the EXACT same words today to a buddy of mine.

I gonna tell ya, Scott Seven is a piece of work.

Karma is a beotch.....what goes around comes around. I am a FIRM believer in that.

David

When the trans was gonna ship on that Monday...Scott said he had it all set up with Old Dominion, would be an extra $30 to have it to me by Friday($180 total) he would write "HOT" on the trans and it would be here by Friday....otherwise it would be here the following Monday and I would loose a weekend.It was being shipped freight collect.

I hang up the phone and call Old Dominion to verify, no pickup was scheduled at SR7 for Monday(Scott told me it was all setup) SO I set it up.

I was transferred to the "expedite" dept of Old Dominion Freight to see how much it would be to have it here by that Friday, they call it "skipping a day" of freight. Remember this is shipped freight collect...the quote to get it here by Friday was $365.

I was gonna be SCREWED when it showed up and would have HAD to pay it to get the trans...Glad I called them myself:cool:

This guy is something else eh?

David