Spring Fling time again

YES!!! I have that weekend off!! So, I'm 80% sure I'll be coming...need to ask the girl's permission and see if she'd like to spend some time to the east. :)

Now, I need a rush order on directions from where I'm at...which is Grand Rapids. Hopefully I'll be there and get to meet you all.

Crap...missed the edit time...anyway, is there a station where I'll be able to get 100 octane for the trip back home?

Not too sure about the fuel economy with this car....never drove further than the track (about 25-30 miles).

Thanks,

Mark, not sure of the best way to come down. Perhaps some of the other guys in that area can advise?

Two thoughts:

1) take I-96 to extit 129 (M-52) and go south on 52 into Chelsea(runs right through town)

2) get to I-94 (south on either US 27 or I-69) and head East on 94 to Chelsea.

As for 100 gas....the closest one to Chelsea is about 35 miles farther East and that would suck.

Two possibilities.......

1) check here but watch out for the 'oil' companies as they don't usually have it at a pump....

http://www.racegas.com/gt100locals/default.asp

2) I can bring 12 gallons of Cam2 (100) with me and you can buy them from me.

I asked Patrick and he says he will ride up there with me in my car. His car is down for more mods... like he needs to go any faster than 9's!

Ran my car for the first time yesterday...got a lot of bugs to work out but it's nothing I can't handle...car doesn't want to idle quite yet...I need a scan tool!!!

Well unfortunatley now I don't think I will be able to come. SOme family members are coming to visit and I don't think I'll be able to convince them to want to to go to this or escape to go. I'll try my hardest to still go.

If I could make it (will be on vacation) could have brought many photos of the one I owned ;).

Well after looking into it it'll be about a 2 1/2 hour drive for me. I'm suppose to have my exhaust put on this week and if it is put on and they don't schedule me for work or if I could work aorund my work scheduel and go I will try to show up. If the exhaust doesn't get done then there is no way because I can't drive with an open down pipe the whole way there.

Jared,

don't sweat it. I will be doing this again next year so if you can't make it this year we will rain check you :)

Then again.......2.5 hours with an open dump? Hmmm????

Originally posted by 72firebird
Well after looking into it it'll be about a 2 1/2 hour drive for me. I'm suppose to have my exhaust put on this week and if it is put on and they don't schedule me for work or if I could work aorund my work scheduel and go I will try to show up. If the exhaust doesn't get done then there is no way because I can't drive with an open down pipe the whole way there.

Sorta like running a crossflow :D If I make it, I'm not too sure about how I'll feel after getting there....the exhaust is a drone queen!

...2.5 hours...that's about what I'm looking at...where are you leaving from?

I will be there in my 86 GN if the weather is nice. 12 p.m. in downtown Chelsea right? Thanks Tom

Tom, good to hear you are planning to attend.

As of now the weather looks absolutely perfect!!!

It is in the Chelsea State Bank lot across the street from Polly's supermarket.

Look for all the tire smoke (kidding) and a HUGE oranage car hauler.

Originally posted by Maltman
where are you leaving from?

I'm leaving form South Bend, IN. I'll be taking 80/90 East then North on 69 to I-94 then to MI-52. That's the way Mapquest gave me. If someone would like to meet up that would be greta. I'll tlak some more with my dad tonight about it.

Don (d0n_3d) will be coming right past your area as he is in Indiana.

Don???? Want to lead the way?

well I would love to but I am coming from the other side of Indiana (taking 94 all the way there)...It's very easy to get to...if you need better directions you can email me...

Well I just got my scheduel for work for this weekend and I have to work form like 10-3 so that'll be righ in the middle of everything. So unfortunatley I don't think I'll be able to show but I think I'm gunna look into some big car events that are happening in everyones semi-local area and I'll try to set something up before the summer is up.

i want to come........does that count? i will try and make it, tring to talk someone into riding with me.....yeah i know i told them " FREE PIZZA " :D

Does everyone plan on being there for a majority of the afternoon? I have to work until 3:30 in Rochester Hills but was planning on coming down right after work.

Anybody going to be there?

Unfortunately I will just be a spectator because the car is down for the summer.

Jared, how about planning on coming to Woodward in August? I had a graet time last year, and you should be able to meet a few more TTA owners.

Dave

Tony - come on over and bring anyone ya want to.

SlowTTA - I will be there until about 6 which is when I have to go home for dinner or the wife will kick my ass. As I am the host.... I assume most will break before I do.

My friend Glenn will be there most of the day with his TTA.