Speedway motors upper control arms

Rich B

What is the part number for their control arms, i know i need two right ones.

Thanks

What is the part number for their control arms, i know i need two right ones.

Thanks
I have a set made by Southside Machine. They are Identical to the speedway arms except they have needle bearings instead of bushings. I'll sell them to you for $80.00 shipped.

Last edited:
I have a set made by Southside Machine. They are Identical to the speedway arms except they have needle bearings instead of bushings. I'll sell them to you for $80.00 shipped.
Can you PM a couple of pics.

I have a thread on this but get the two right ones and flip one for the left side .

91034394 left sides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So why the two left sides??? And how does it work?? I mean obviously there are differences (or else everyone wouldn't be ordering the left side). Just kind of baffling as to how the two came together. <<Insert Reese's - your chocolate into my peanut butter joke here!!>>

lol!

So why the two left sides??? And how does it work?? I mean obviously there are differences (or else everyone wouldn't be ordering the left side). Just kind of baffling as to how the two came together. <<Insert Reese's - your chocolate into my peanut butter joke here!!>>

lol!

no more like a right and left side TWIX LOL

no more like a right and left side TWIX LOL
Oh it's all mixed now! As you've added cookie and caramel!!

Seriously though, we have two different opinions (well, three adding Rich B). Some say get both left sides, others say get both right sides? So which is right?

Also what lowers? And will these work with a brake spindle upgrade??

Sorry Rich B, I see you said rights above! So you were giving me the be Twix and between business! Lol!

Im pretty sure they sell the right and left for a Circle track set up! So one is going to be longer than the other.

Im pretty sure they sell the right and left for a Circle track set up! So one is going to be longer than the other.

There we go! Now it's making sense. However, which side is right? Right or left? As the house seems divided there as well?

It's the LEFT side!

The speedway arms to use in our application are the right side arms which are 8" long 91031133-R.
The left side arms are 8.5" long.
They are meant to be used with taller spindles or taller upper and lower ball joints. The taller ball joints is the way to go,as it almost completely gets rid of bump steer and moves the camber curve in the right direction. There is only one aftermarket spindle that does all of this,but it is very expensive.

Thanks again Pronto, I had no idea the answer was in their description (and I even looked up arms but didn't read)!

So it looks Right is 8" long and left is 8.5" inches long. Anybody know stock length??

Here's the Info off their website:

These oval track racing A-arms are 40% stronger than the stock stamped steel arms. The A-arms bolt to your stock mounts and accept stock ball joints. These control arms have a 1/4" thick steel plate where the ball joint bolts in. Fits 1978-87 mid-size GM Metric chassis.

4130 chromoly steel construction
Aluminum cross shaft
Bolts to stock 1978-87 Metric mounts (6-7/8" center-to-center)
Greaseable steel bushings
Accepts stock K5208 style Metric ball joints
Available for right (passenger side) or left (drivers side)
Right arm length is 8"
Left arm length is 8.5"
Use with mount plate 916-34312.

Notes

When using on a drag race or S-10 application, consider using RH arm for both sides as both will be 8" long; arm can just be flipped over for LH side (RH arm is 8").

Notes
When using on a drag race or S-10 application, consider using RH arm for both sides as both will be 8" long; arm can just be flipped over for LH side (RH arm is 8").

What would be better for a daily driver street car?

This model with the aluminum cross shaft? http://www.speedwaymotors.com/GM-Me...r-Control-Arms-Aluminum-Cross-Shaft,4853.html

Or this model with the steel cross shaft? http://www.speedwaymotors.com/GM-Me...pper-Control-Arms-Steel-Cross-Shaft,5584.html

Is this part recommended, or not required? http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Single-Position-Upper-A-Arm-Mount-6-7-8-Inch-Centers,25382.html

Thank you

The speedway arms to use in our application are the right side arms which are 8" long 91031133-R.
The left side arms are 8.5" long.
They are meant to be used with taller spindles or taller upper and lower ball joints. The taller ball joints is the way to go,as it almost completely gets rid of bump steer and moves the camber curve in the right direction. There is only one aftermarket spindle that does all of this,but it is very expensive.

Gotcha! Sorry Rich B, as I don't mean to be hi jacking your thread here! However, I'm very interested in the arms myself!

So what expensive aftermarket spindle and what lowers would you use with these??

Edit for spelling! Damn iPhone auto mistake maker!!