Heater valve hose positions?

BFlat

I screwed up and didn't take a picture before I took things apart. Heater control valve has two L-shaped hoses. From the top of the valve, do I attach the long or short part of the L-shaped hose to the valve? Same question about the bottom hose. Do I attach the short or the long section of the hose to the valve? Thanks

Long one is the passenger side to smalls are on the right hooked to the valve.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240416-121956_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240416-121956_Gallery.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
hello peoples: Do me a favor if U have the controller still out. In the open position look inside and tell me if it's a straight shot meaning the plastic thing is snot in the way at all.
thanks
IBBY

Thanks blackazz. Got that. Question is regarding only the smaller hoses going directly to the valve. They're L-shaped, so the lengths of each hose aren't equal after making the L-shaped bend. Do the longer or shorter sections of the hose clamp to the valve after the bends - and is it the same for both the upper and lower?

Do these help?

Attachments

• heater valve hose 1.jpg
    heater valve hose 1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Heater valve hose 2.jpg
    Heater valve hose 2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Heater valve hose 3.jpg
    Heater valve hose 3.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 35
Thanks TurboTGuy. I appreciate it. Hopefully the attached will clarify what I'm trying to explain. I'm only asking about the 2 hoses which attach to the heater control valve. They are shown in the attached. Are they positioned correctly in the pic? Thanks again

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 5.56.50 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 5.56.50 PM.png
    419 KB · Views: 25
Thanks TurboTGuy. I appreciate it. Hopefully the attached will clarify what I'm trying to explain. I'm only asking about the 2 hoses which attach to the heater control valve. They are shown in the attached. Are they positioned correctly in the pic? Thanks again
It's been a while but I believe the slightly shorter hose goes on top and the other slightly longer hose goes on the bottom. Just like the picture shows. You want the valve to sit a tad higher not lower. If it doesn't look right, just switch it.

I don't do the picture stuff very well.

The hose that comes off of the inside pipe (closest to the plenum) goes to the bottom of the valve. The top hose goes into the heater core connection on the right as you face the fire wall.

1713315416449.png

hello peoples: Do me a favor if U have the controller still out. In the open position look inside and tell me if it's a straight shot meaning the plastic thing is snot in the way at all.
thanks
IBBY
hello people: My valve in the open position was being blocked a bit by that plastic thing so I just frilled it out. Who knows if it will make a diff. but and any restriction is snot good IMO.
IBBY