Speed Daddy headers for Hot Air's?

I got an impulse to buy them myself & received them today.

Attachments

• image-4001964851.jpg
    image-4001964851.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 282
I'm still working on solving some of the figment issues on these...between myself and mikemcvaney....I think we are getting there.....
...more to come. :)

Nope, no more stink bomb. Now it's just the miles of road construction, and no more great view of the river either:(

I think the quality on these is fine but fitment at this moment for me is impossible.

turbonut85 said:
Post up some pics of your fitment issues so we can compare notes.....

That's the problem. My car is in the paint shop & I can't try them on

Nope, no more stink bomb. Now it's just the miles of road construction, and no more great view of the river either:(
I knew that just teasing you.I take my mom up to S.D. a couple of times a year she is to old to drive long distances . Next time will tell you would love to see your ride.

luisturbog said:
The uppipe is 2 1/4". I'll try to remember to take my micrometer home to measure the rest of the pipes.

Ok. We got 2 1/4 uppipe, 2 1/4 cross over, 1 1/2 primaries.

Attachments

• image-201435399.jpg
    image-201435399.jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 239
turbonut85 said:
Did the 3 bolt gaskets come with your kit? How bout the 2 bolt gasket? Hardware??

3 bolt gaskets did. 2 bolt did not. I work at an auto parts so just took the uppipe with me & found one that would work for me.

turbonut85 said:
Did the 3 bolt gaskets come with your kit? How bout the 2 bolt gasket? Hardware??

Btw. No bolts to bolt on headers. Only band clamps for crossover pipe & a couple bolts for the uppipe I believe. Hardware is the least of my worries. I'm thinking of heading down to the paint shop to pull out my motor so I can mock up the headers. Lol

Ok....so with some mods....I have the crossover fitting good. I cut 1/2" off the driver side portion of the crossover, and tig welded it to the bottom of the pass side header, replacing what I believe they cut off at the factory by mistakes. I tigged it on the inside so there wouldn't be any conflict with the weld and the v band flange. Even with the cheap v band clamps they provide, I'm confident the crossover will seal very well. I also had to shorten the passenger portion of the crossover 1-1/4" so the whole crossover assy would line up with the pass side header. I also believe the o2 sensor bung WILL work with a stock a/c compressor....it will be VERY CLOSE....but it should clear. The next major hurdle is the up pipe to header joint. As I said before, there is a 1/4" gap between the flanges that needs to be fixed.... I ordered a new v band assy off the Internet, and I'm planning on cutting both 2 bolt oval flanges off the header and the up pipe, and tig welding the v band assy in its place...I just don't trust a spacer and 2 gaskets to seal it up...(I can see the hoodliner catching fire) So, I AM making progress, albeit slow...stay tuned....pics to follow....
---Keith

turbonut85 said:
Ok....so with some mods....I have the crossover fitting good. I cut 1/2" off the driver side portion of the crossover, and tig welded it to the bottom of the pass side header, replacing what I believe they cut off at the factory by mistakes. I tigged it on the inside so there wouldn't be any conflict with the weld and the v band flange. Even with the cheap v band clamps they provide, I'm confident the crossover will seal very well. I also had to shorten the passenger portion of the crossover 1-1/4" so the whole crossover assy would line up with the pass side header. I also believe the o2 sensor bung WILL work with a stock a/c compressor....it will be VERY CLOSE....but it should clear. The next major hurdle is the up pipe to header joint. As I said before, there is a 1/4" gap between the flanges that needs to be fixed.... I ordered a new v band assy off the Internet, and I'm planning on cutting both 2 bolt oval flanges off the header and the up pipe, and tig welding the v band assy in its place...I just don't trust a spacer and 2 gaskets to seal it up...(I can see the hoodliner catching fire) So, I AM making progress, albeit slow...stay tuned....pics to follow....
---Keith

If I have to do some welding that's gonna be a problem cause I don't weld!

Do post pix please. Where did u order your v band flanges from?

Starting to sound like alot of work involved.... like the original 86/87 ebay headers.... they are close.... but not quite.

Starting to sound like alot of work involved.... like the original 86/87 ebay headers.... they are close.... but not quite.
As true as that sounds....the difference is, there are other options aside from the ebay ones that are offered for the 86-87....not true for the 85 and earlier models....and for the initial investment of $220, there is a lot of room to work them...even if you have to pay someone to do the fab work....how much would a person pay for a set of the Poston hot air headers right now?? I know I gave around $500+ for mine a few years back....so how much fab work could you have done for $275? JMHO....

...and a side note....I paid a local shop to do the cutting and tig welding for me....I can mig weld but I don't have a tig machine.....cost me a whopping 30 bucks.....