Speed Daddy headers for Hot Air's?

What's a "GP header"? Do you mean a header for the supercharged 3800? That's a Regal GS header. Just another Buick V6 in a Pontiac. ;)
No, he means Grand Prix....he got himself a GTP recently and can't seem to get it off his brain....

Fuck man, you can only fuckin deal with TR shit for so long. Besides, it's still a buick, just wearing a better suit.

333.JPG
334.JPG
348.JPG
342.JPG
350.JPG
333.JPG
334.JPG
348.JPG
342.JPG
350.JPG
well...here we are....

So...this is what i have found after the initial mock-up:
Pros:
--heavy grade thick stainless with stainless flanges
--beautiful tig welds
--they fit the heads and match the ports beautifully
--very nice looking, and seem well designed

Issues:
Now...be mindful that the engine i mocked them up on has no headgaskets, no intake gasket, no o-rings in the turbo inlet adapter, and the wrong intake bolts that the turbo bracket mounts to....ALL these things will most likely change the alignment of some things...(i was in a hurry)

--The stock o2 sensor bung appears to be aimed directly at where the a/c compressor would be....issue? my take: if you are running a wb o2, or have deleted the a/c...no issue. If you arent, a new or relocated o2 sensor bung would be needed. I cant't confirn that this is indeed an issue without further mock-up or actually putting it in my car.

--The up pipe is about 1/4" too short for the bolts to line up at the turbo....the fix: a 1/4" steel spacer with two gaskets.

--The crossover pipe is where the main issues are....
1) The crossover is too long....its off about an inch...the fix: cut an inch out of the crossover at the slip-fit joint under the oil pan.
2) Where the crossover meets the pass side header, it appears they mistakenly cut the v band flange flush in the header so the two flanges are somehow supposed to mate (and seal) flat against each other?? with no gasket? However, the driver side connection is great. It has the correct flange and it fits nice and snug. the fix: to be determined....
--Up pipe to pass header flange is close to the valve coner maling it impossible to remove the valve cover with the up pipe installed......However, I see no major issue with this as with any other setup, the down pipe and up pipe have to be removed to gain access to the pass side valve cover anyway.

Overall:
Nice design. I like how the up pipe portion is angled differently so as to reduce the bends going into the turbo. Nice looking pieces. with some tweaks to certain areas...I think these would be a great option for our cars. Definitely not a direct bolt-in from the factory....as i expected. the parts in the kit could use some attention as well....I personally wouldnt't bother with the provided gaskets, v bands, and bolts....I would get some higher quality pieces. I feel it odd that they would include header to head gaskets, and an up pipe to turbo gasket, but no gasket for the up pipe to header connection....and no sort of clamp for the 2 piece crossover connection....a simple band style exhaust clamp would work perfect.

I am planning on contacting Speed Daddy this week to see if they are willing to address some of these issues. hopefully they will....and if not, they will get these back, and miss out on the potential of many, many sales of these.....time will tell.

Thanks for the R&D work on these, it seems like those little issues can easily be resolved, even the B4Black guys have to do some tweaking to make them work.I just need some of these, until i build my own, im just getting pactice at work trying to learn how to tig weld. Its even more difficult to learn since nobody there knows how, the machine just sits there unused. Shocked the shit out of myself at least 3 times.

looks like clearance for valve covers are tight too. maybe weld a flange to use stock style uppipe

The cross over I had my buddy at one side and I pushed hard and kept rotating it got it to fit good. Im worried about the clearance on the crossover on my RJC pan. Going sun to finish my mockup, with a little tweakn these should work great . Agree with Alec296

The cross over I had my buddy at one side and I pushed hard and kept rotating it got it to fit good. Im worried about the clearance on the crossover on my RJC pan. Going sun to finish my mockup, with a little tweakn these should work great . Agree with Alec296
You should bring your car up to SC for rocknrods

Can you post a pic of your crossover and the connection to the pass side header??

Thanks for the R&D work on these, it seems like those little issues can easily be resolved, even the B4Black guys have to do some tweaking to make them work.I just need some of these, until i build my own, im just getting pactice at work trying to learn how to tig weld. Its even more difficult to learn since nobody there knows how, the machine just sits there unused. Shocked the shit out of myself at least 3 times.
Dont feel bad i will be learning to shock the shit out of myself soon hopefully it will only be 3 but im thinking 30 to 300.

These headers have my attention. Curious to see how this pans out. Hope that they work for us. I want a set.

And I can't stop watching that Snookie Gif.