SPAL Dual Fans

mzunino

Anyone running these? Do they fit in stock brackets ? Worth the money? Appreciate any input you have

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I bought the Dual Spals with custom shroud from Peter at Alradco.com ..... work AND fit perfect

aaron

I personally run and prefer Spals over using other manufacturer oem ones, in my opinion a more reliable choice. Spend the money once and be done with worries.

Do you need a custom shroud? I am looking at the one Hartline
sells

I dont think you "Need" them but it fits PERFECTLY on my Alradco aluminum radiator..... It is a quality piece that covers EVERY inch of the radiator core and includes the Caspers harness.
You can contact Peter to ask any specific questions if you are running a different radiator [ie. Stock, FBody etc.]

aaron

I had to fabricate the mounts, easy to do. I also run the Caspers harness for them. They move a lot of air when they are on.

They are nice fans. Only issue I have is the ecm doesn't kick on the second fan for high speed. Had to take the caspers connector apart and splice the two wires together so both fans run.

They are nice fans. Only issue I have is the ecm doesn't kick on the second fan for high speed. Had to take the caspers connector apart and splice the two wires together so both fans run.

Something might be wrong with your casper connector, cause that's what I'm using and they both come on. First one comes on then the second one comes on a few seconds later as to not to overload the system.

Peter said its not the first car to have that problem. A new version of the harness was supposed to be made but never heard anything. I even tried the racetronix harness from my intrepid fans and a different ecm with the same result.

I had a bad splice in my harness which prevented both from running. Took it apart and rewired so that the second fan came on when the ECM called for high. All is well now

I had a bad splice in my harness which prevented both from running. Took it apart and rewired so that the second fan came on when the ECM called for high. All is well now

To set the record straight, the ECM doesn't control the HIGH speed fan. Only LOW speed. High is commanded by the AC head pressure switch, or the overtemp (Delay) system.

This is the one item that solved my overheating problem with front mount. Highly recommend this, bought it from Cal.