Options on aluminum rad fan set ups

karol

Canadian limited
Hi all , I’m looking for some info on a drop in aluminum rad fan module set up . From my research alradco is the best , but unfortunately I hear they are no longer in business .
I’d rather not do any fab work to make it fit, if I don’t have to like cold case .
Wondering Has anyone used be cool ? And if so how does it perform ?
Thanks in advance for any input

Saw this a while back: New Buick RADIATORS
Yes , I did see that thread wondering. If anyone has tried them out , on cooling performance .
I’ve just installed a front mount , and still like to have my ac on those hot days
I’ve checked out Ron Davis rads , beautiful piece just out of my budget at 2500

Champion has a GN radiator. Champion Cooling Systems

They used to advertise as proudly made in the USA. I don't see that listed anymore.

I don't have direct experience with either.

Don't know about fan & shroud assemblies these days.

Champion has a GN radiator. Champion Cooling Systems

They used to advertise as proudly made in the USA. I don't see that listed anymore.

I don't have direct experience with either.

Don't know about fan & shroud assemblies these days.
Thanks JM , I did have a look there also , at the champion site and you are correct they don’t mention anything about where their product is manufactured.
Be cool states on their site that 100% of their products is manufactured in North America .
I’m not a stickler on where anything is made , as long as it’s of good quality.
What cooling system are you running ?

What cooling system are you running ?
I'm running the Alradco radiator w/dual Spal fans & shroud. The fan on the passenger side is a slim mount to clear the RJC FMIC tubing. I have one of Caspers fan switches to manually operate the fans if I want. With a 160 degree thermostat, my coolant temp will go above 180 sometimes. My A/C needs charging & is non-op at this time.

I just ordered one this morning, give me a few days for it top come in, then I can let you know if there's extra to be done on the installation

I'm running the Alradco radiator w/dual Spal fans & shroud. The fan on the passenger side is a slim mount to clear the RJC FMIC tubing. I have one of Caspers fan switches to manually operate the fans if I want. With a 160 degree thermostat, my coolant temp will go above 180 sometimes. My A/C needs charging & is non-op at this time.
Thanks for the info JM , appreciate your input . Too bad alradco isn’t around anymore, I hear good things about them .

I just ordered one this morning, give me a few days for it top come in, then I can let you know if there's extra to be done on the installation
Oh that’s great, thank you , did you go with the be cool unit ?
keep me posted on how it fits and performs . I appreciate it

The Cold Case that was NEW on my T when I got it, was one of the biggest P.O.S. fan assys that I have ever seen!
The fans used were: installed as pullers, but wired and bladed for PUSHERS, (yes the air was pushing out the FRONT of the radiator!!!)
Have so many finger guard fins that not much air could get thru, and only blew at 8.3 M.P.H.!!!!!!!!
AND had so much casting flash on both the leading and trailing edges of the blades, AND you couldn't turn the blades around for correct puller operation! And did not come with any instructions!
So I: cut two thirds of the finger guard fins off, detailed the casting flash on the leading and trailing edges of the blades, and made shaft spacers to allow the blades to mount correctly on the motor shafts for pullers without hitting the shroud. Washers will work, but we all know how anal I am.
RESULTS: Wasted 3 hours of my life, and now the fans pull at over 21 M.P.H!!!
Keep in mind that if the car is going faster than the fans can pull, they will restrict the air from going much faster thru the radiator, probably causing overheating with the fans on or off!
Add to that, the finger fins are impeding the airflow, with the fans on or off!
The stock fan has two speeds, with a single speed fan and a resistor, with two feed terminals.
There are a high and low fan relay, so, if you connect each fan to each relay, the issue is it turns off the low speed relay when the hi speed relay is energized, so you still only have one fan or the other operating.
SO, you run a 2 or 3 amp diode from the fan side of the hi speed relay to the switched side of the lo speed relays coil, so it will stay on with the hi speed relay and fan on.
Got that?
TIMINATOR