Sometimes you just gotta start over....

Consider closin that grill in too! At speed it will get LIGHT in the front end as pressure tries to lift it. That MFR is LOW! looks good.

Yea.. we're going to close it in.. we just didn't have time. The KAM system ended up being a huge undertaking wiring wise. It's definitely not a "plug and play" system like a FAST or BS3.

Here is a video of the 2nd pass! Just short blasts and damn:eek: :biggrin:

There is a bad word or two in there so if a kid is around TURN DOWN THE VOLUME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csBSDUlSD6s[/YOUTUBE]

Watch out for those doors;)

Wow were the guys coughing because of the tire smoke or the alchy?

That motor sounds to be running super rich at idle and everywhere else I bet you have a lot more hp in that thing, provided you can keep the doors on and get some traction.

Have you considered launching at a set boost level and holding it for say 60 feet then turning the boost up from there?

I am no expert just throwing out ideas. Hell of a car in any case.

It would be really great if you could get that thing out to Phoenix the end of this month.

The Doors

daanng! it looked like she was on a good one until the door did an exit stage left, when do you anticipate getting her back out on the track again? I feel sorry for any ants that try and walk in front and across your car, that thing sits wicked low, good luck shane, can't wait to see her run a full pass

Thanks guys!!!

This is going to be great!

Coughing was probably from the Alcohol:biggrin:

Sucks the door came off, looks like it would have been a good pass.

Looks as if the chassis setup is solid, car went straight as an arrow until the door issue.

Can't wait for more updates. Keep the videos coming. :biggrin:

Don, don't forget that you are intercooled so most likely your MAT's are a little lower than theirs so it's hard to compare boost psi for psi since the density is different. Kind of like the stock hot air 84-85's being able to run 19-20 psi on 93 octane when the 86-87's could only run 15-16 psi, but the 86-87's made more power since the MAT was lower, the density higher, and the net result was more air in the cylinders.

Sounds like a fun and successful first outing. Are you going to VMP tonight or this weekend?

I realize the tuneup is going to be different than with my car. I can only offer what's worked for me. The person tuning his car can take that information and use it to get a better grasp on the alcohol or he can choose to ignore it. I would never suggest to a tuner that he should plug my tuneup into his car and go with it. That's just silly. :tongue:

Fill us in on the 5 cyl deal.

After going back over the early dyno runs i found i have added to much fuel. There was a point i thought it needed more. Now it is hammering it with fuel and the plug gap could be a little wide. So the egt on #5 went cold and tried to clear up. We are going to tweak the chassis a little and mount some new doors work on the tune and try it again thursday night. The wheel speed is a little slow by 500 rpm. So more power is needed on the launch to get up on the tire faster. Egts are still in the mid 900 range. The info Don has given us has shed some lite on the new fuel. I am used to race gas and liquid to air coolers. I still think the convertor will need some attention. So when the tune is cleaned up and revs to 8500+ it may tighten up. We have a new convertor on the way to try. The car seems to want more power to make it work better. It is smooth right now we will see when we turn it up.

Interesting stuff. I enjoy reading the tuning adventures of others. Maybe that's why I write so much about my own. I guess I hope others enjoy reading that kind of stuff as I do of others.

I was playing around with my car over this weekend and I think I have the fuel map pretty close to done. Finding myself bored I decided to play with the timing a little. I've never really paid close attention to it, but with this monster turbo I'm being forced to look at all avenues. I was using 34 degrees of timing at converter stall (2770 rpm with a new target a/f ratio of 5.03:1 I'm using) and decided to try 2 more. The stall was way down. If I remember right, I was not able to get more than 2600 rpm. OK. That's not the way to go. I decided to go with 2 less. Surprise! A new stall of 2795 rpm. Hmmm. I went for 2 less and the result was 2780 rpm. So 32 degrees at converter stall was the ticket.

The reason why I bring up the topic of ignition timing is because there are many people that believe you should be running 50 degrees of timing with alcohol. The reason being that alcohol burns slower. That is not necessarily true. The burn rate depends on a lot of different factors including the mixture strength. Just be careful not to go too wild with the timing.

All stall speeds are at 96 to 98 kPa. What!? You think that big turbo should be making some boost at 2800 rpm? I'd be happy if it made 2 pounds.

It rained all day yesterday here:( Hopefully Sunday we will be going to Piedmont!

Don, feel free to post pics of your own car. Sounds like you've been around alcohol motors for a while. I'd love to see what you've got going on. :biggrin:

Here's that link I promised to a slide show of the PMing of Alky v3.2.

PMing of Alky v.3.2

Some of the first pics will show the rust stains in the cylinder bores before a light honing was done. You could not feel the stains with your fingers.

Here's that link I promised to a slide show of the PMing of Alky v3.2.

PMing of Alky v.3.2

Some of the first pics will show the rust stains in the cylinder bores before a light honing was done. You could not feel the stains with your fingers.

Awesome. The header setup is nuts, in a good way. :biggrin:

They got it all back together over the weekend, weather permitting we will be in Benson thursday night!

They got it all back together over the weekend, weather permitting we will be in Benson thursday night!

Goodluck Shane,I know Randy will put the data to good use,that car is gonna be 1 to be reckoned with when you guys get it dialed in.