So...who own(ed) that GN?

Hope you get your car back man. It sucks, I know you feel it's being blown out of proportion and unfair. Just handle it, don't argue or post anymore here about it.

Seizing property is BS. If they can seize your property for a misdemeanor, they can apply that to any minor infraction. It just happens not many people have a problem with them doing it for street racing.

I can agree with forfeiture if the govt. seizes and sells property to pay back people you robbed or money you stole, but not for watching a street race.

jasjamz said:
Hope you get your car back man. It sucks, I know you feel it's being blown out of proportion and unfair. Just handle it, don't argue or post anymore here about it.

He just blowing off some anger and expressing himself here amongst his "Buick Brotherhood".

Maybe he has no one else to express to, or that he can relate to.

No harm done and it's safer then some other destructive ways.

He just blowing off some anger and expressing himself here amongst his "Buick Brotherhood".

Maybe he has no one else to express to, or that he can relate to.

No harm done and it's safer then some other destructive ways.

The fact is, this guy's been PWNED.....by Detroit or some random MI County PD.

Again, it sucks, but he did what he did, got caught, and now it is what it is....

All the bitching, kvetching, sniveling and crying in the world about how unfair it all is won't change that vey fact.

Instead of grousing about it here, perhaps this fight should be taken on .....where? The city, county, or state legislature?

Good friggin' luck!

Street racing is and always has been against the law. Period.

Get used to it kids, I don't like it, never did. But I figured it out, without my car being taken away.....

Get caught, pay the price.... If you don't like your local sheriff's policy, well then, move somewhere else. Or don't bring your car to an ORGANIZED weekly street race in his county.

I'm just sayin'.

The fact is, this guy's been PWNED.....by Detroit or some random MI County PD.

Again, it sucks, but he did what he did, got caught, and now it is what it is....

All the bitching, kvetching, sniveling and crying in the world about how unfair it all is won't change that vey fact.

Instead of grousing about it here, perhaps this fight should be taken on .....where? The city, county, or state legislature?

Good friggin' luck!

Street racing is and always has been against the law. Period.

Get used to it kids, I don't like it, never did. But I figured it out, without my car being taken away.....

Get caught, pay the price.... If you don't like your local sheriff's policy, well then, move somewhere else. Or don't bring your car to an ORGANIZED weekly street race in his county.

I'm just sayin'.

We understand your point of view. How many times do you need to state it in one thread? Like I told him. Handle it and the is nothing more that needs to be said about it. It wont change his current situation.

People street race everyday, planned or not...it's been happening for the last 50 years. Get yourself a good Lawyer and get your GN back, we don't live in Russia...After owning a business for several years I came to realize something, good lawyers get it done!

Well sometimes fellas its nice to know ur not the only one it happened to,and to see how others handled the situation, and to vent esp when its being thrown in your face all over the internet and the news, and people are saying retarded $hit,"ur stupid for racing on that little street " "that car was prolly a throw together built with stolen parts o_O " "whens the auction:rolleyes:" I personally wasnt gonna say anything at all then here it is a month later and BOOM its everywhere and everyone that knows me knows its my car,I had to post up,let the truth be known and hope my friends ,and my buick bros could help me keep my sanity:confused: cause thats what the car did... Sorry if i rant but its got me all messed up esp when i go in my shop and look at the hole where my car used to be, so all im doing now is busting a$$ to get/save the money to get it back when the opportunity presents itself....

No matter what my feelings about ORGANIZED street racing are, I do not believe in the permanent confiscation of your personal property. That just seems to go against the grain of being an American.

I honestly do hope that you get your car back.

I know I would be devastated if someone took my TR away from me, no matter the reason.

I hope you get your car back. The neighborhoods up there have always been tough during Woodward as i have been going since they started the event. But for them to start their enforcement at Detroits only big tourist event, is wrong in so many ways.

I was in Vegas for quite some time and specialized in auto theft. San Diego was getting a lot of people killed, both young kids (ricers) and bystanders so they started a huge program. We copied it in Vegas, notably operation vtech for 89-01 hondas. In a matter of 6 months i confiscated over 70 hondas and acuras with stolen parts, drive trains, transmissions, engines, parts, missing VINS, etc. Was usually a kid working a low paying job who was driving around in a car with a ton of audio or engine work. A few were bonafied low 11 or 10 sec cars. most owners could not afford the storage fees or provide the proof they didnt know they were building a hacked up car. i found a vehicle used in a shooting 3 years later out of california. all were dismantled and crushed and permanently put out of commission. Before Obama did his waste of taxpayer money Clunkers, i was scrapping hondas like no other and for good reason. Many of the owners were gang members, involved in narcotics trading, guns, etc.

In your case and being a TR fanatic, i am bias and think its bs you have to forfeit your car. A stiff fine, points on license and the obvious insurance bump is enough. the city is hurting and obviously needs $$$. i have witnessed some personally in Detroit and you wont find more cars street racing there than anywhere else. its car country aka muscle car central usa. its a tragedy that cracking the throttle nowadays can have big repercussions. The suburbs in Cleveland where i live are all type A young 20 to mid 30 males (like me) that by becoming a cop and getting a badge and gun makes them go nuts over every single thing. they go bananas everytime we drive in the GN with limo tint on all windows, when they can clearly see we have an Ohio DEALER Tag with the #1 plate. They have thrown the book at more than a few friends of mine, a few TR owners on this board about infractions that cost people thousands and took years to clear from a driving record.

More drag strips close this will become a bigger problem. Mark my words. And being a former cop, im not a cop basher. but those who are or were will be the first to tell you how people change with a badge and gun. its unreal!

welcome back 2.jpg
Welcome back 1.jpg

Got my GN back two days ago !!!!!!!...Had to buy it at the auction One of my frame holes was bent and my stainless downpipe was dragging the ground Plus sitting outside for 6 months didnt help things...My buddy got his T/A back also!!!!!

Attachments

• Welcome back 3.jpg
    Welcome back 3.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 163
How much did you have to pay for the bid? Damn you had to buy your car back
It was at $5000 and i got into a bidding war with a guy that pushed it to $8500:mad: then afterward the dude come to me and says "if i had known it was yours and you were trying to get it back i wouldnt have bid against you i thought it was a white boys car" I just looked at him and shook my head o_O :rolleyes: I ended up paying $7500 in the end....

It was at $5000 and i got into a bidding war with a guy that pushed it to $8500:mad: then afterward the dude come to me and says "if i had known it was yours and you were trying to get it back i wouldnt have bid against you i thought it was a white boys car" I just looked at him and shook my head o_O :rolleyes: I ended up paying $7500 in the end....

Glad you got your car back ,I know how much history you have with that car.