Slow spool please help!

snistrgn

I recently installed a Presicion TE-44, 50lb. injectors, 20 row thunder fabrications I/C, and 3in. THDP. It is in a pretty rough tune right now. I'm running about 42lbs FP (static) at idle. At WOT it's about 60- 63 lbs and 15 lbs of boost. Scanmaster reads in the 830's and 0 KR. I know this is a little rich. My question is why is this turbo spooling so slowly? I'm running the stock stall but ive been told that this turbo does not require a bigger one. The car pulls hard on the top but it has no bottom end at all. Should i just keep tuning or drive the car into the lake?

are you sure its a d5 converter? maybe along the years somebody put the wrong one in. how about exhaust leaks? how tight/loose is the wastegate rod? puck in the thdp sticking?

I hope you find the answer to this problem, I to went with the te44 same set up as yours only 009s and red stripe converter.
Went to the track today ran 13.2 at 110mph. car would not even boost up with the transbrake engaged. About two seconds out car would come alive and would pull like mad. Car should have been in the 12 secound range with the mph. Any one have any more ideas?

could be a number of things..header leak, vac leak, fuel too rich at spool up, converter, chip............just take 'em one at a time

just asking....does that te44 have a PTE exhaust housing??...if your running a D5...IMO thats the problem...now you need a converter...or a garrett .63 exhaust housing...BTDT! joe

The turbo does have a PTE exhaust housing. I have triple checked for header leaks and there are none but I did Build a 3 in exhaust (no cats no mufflers) after the DP and I reused the factory crossover pipe. Could this make a big difference?The vac. block on the throttle body is depressed in the middle as well. Any more input would be great! Thanks!