since the brass prop valve has been discontinued..

1Badelky

since GM part # 25509419 ACDelco #172-1353 has been discontinued, where can I find a prop valve for a fair price?

I say fair price because Gbodyparts wants $125 and Kirban wants $80 for the brass replacement valve. I'm pretty sure it's the exact same aftermarket valve because the pic is the same on both websites.

So i'm curious where they are buying these parts from? are all disc/drum prop valves not created equal? I mean i'm sure there's some tiny difference in valving that makes a difference in theory, but in the real world would one for a Camaro or s10 work?

I found this one on ebay listed under the discontinued part number. it's $48 and looks alot like the valves offered by the vendors i mentioned above

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/172-1353-AC-DELCO-REPLACEMENT-PROP-VALVE-MONTE-CARLO-2-/160501950104

thanks for that link. I accidently stumbled upon the source of these valves as well- CPP. If I'm not mistaken, CPP actually manufactures the valves themselves. anyway they sell the valve directly on their website for $49 and $44 shipped on ebay. so anyone else looking to upgrade might want to take that route rather than pay 2-3 times that

The $48 that you posted, isn't a brass valve. It's simply an anodized cast iron valve which looks like brass. I was going to replace mine with a aluminum valve because of my changeover to 4 wheel discs, but instead modified my factory cast iron unit.

It is also a safety recall from 1990. The iron one cost me a grill and a bumper about 9 years ago....

There are several on evilbay that are advertised as brass. Just read the add before you buy. I'm not a big fan of aluminum because of corrosion issues. I've seen several that were corroded up from moisture in the brake fluid.