Should Horse Power TV do a turbo Buick build up?

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
I am starting to think I'd like to see a turbo Buick build up done on Horsepower TV.

It would be interesting to see them build something different besides LS1 Camaros, 4.6 Mustangs, Gen I Chevy engines, etc.

They've only done 1 Olds Cutlass build up where they dropped a 455 into a 69 Cutlass and they did do a 474 Pontiac build up on a 69 Firebird.

I've yet to see them do any kind of a Buick build up.

Definately should they did a Monte like a year ago but a Turbo Buick build would be great lets see what kind of numbers the come up with

Those bone heads would want to toss the 3.8 in favor of a big block...how much you wanna bet?:eek:

Those bone heads would want to toss the 3.8 in favor of a big block...how much you wanna bet?:eek:

I think it depends.

I don't know if they know much of anything on Buick engines....or any engine for that matter. Plus I think they try to go for the more common engines and swaps.

But I think if they could have their eyes opened on turbo Buick power I think they'd consider.

Then again I think another thing is all of their parts are donated free via sponsorship, so that means the vendors here might have to be willing to participate in order to get it off and rolling, but at least their names would be known.

I think it depends.

I don't know if they know much of anything on Buick engines....or any engine for that matter. Plus I think they try to go for the more common engines and swaps.

But I think if they could have their eyes opened on turbo Buick power I think they'd consider.

Then again I think another thing is all of their parts are donated free via sponsorship, so that means the vendors here might have to be willing to participate in order to get it off and rolling, but at least their names would be known.
i would donate a trans!

While it woulde be very cool unfortunately there is a rather small audience of interest.

They have dome some turbo stuff already.

It would be cool to see but like all their other builds they would probably do useless stuff first like plug wires and bigger throttle bodies...then dyno it for a 5 hp gain.:rolleyes: Besides none of their paying sponsors have any turbo Buick stuff.;)

What they should do is bring someone on the show as a guest who knows these cars like Jack Cotton or Cal Hartline, etc and guide those 2 dorks on building a turbo Buick.

Question: Should Horse Power TV do a turbo Buick build up?

Answer: Only if they let a reputable builder that is not a vendor do it. Otherwise it will be botched by BS wasteless mods or vendor product pushing. What level would they go too? Its too hard to justify where the $ should be spent unless you give an exact $ limit and expected performance goal.

NO THEY SHOULD NOT DO A TURBO BUICK.

I like the fact that there are no other turbo Buicks around. I like being different and the only one around.

While it woulde be very cool unfortunately there is a rather small audience of interest.

Exactly, they are after ratings, the Buick audience is too small. Most of their loyal viewers would say "ha, a 20 year old V6" and change the TV channel.

You'd be suprised how many people know about the Grand National. Most people think it's some kind of mysterious super power car that nobody can afford. I guess they are probably correct but at least they know about it!!

Exactly, they are after ratings, the Buick audience is too small. Most of their loyal viewers would say "ha, a 20 year old V6" and change the TV channel.

Thats ok, most of the engines they build up have been around since the 60's/70's. So it's not as if they're building something that hasn't been built before.

They did do a Honda Civic build up once but I don't think they did much past a few bolt on's.

I'd still like to see something different besides the same old Chevy and Ford engines they build.

I think I will email them and ask about doing a turbo V6 build up.

I would like to see it just so I can see Chuck Hanson's bad hairpiece get sucked into a larger than stock turbo they would but on the car.

Now that I think of it, they have had segments before featuring the Buicks Nats before so I guess they don't disown the 80s turbo cars completely. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see a Buick featured, but still not sure they'd be willing to devote full episode(s) to it.

I would like to see it just so I can see Chuck Hanson's bad hairpiece get sucked into a larger than stock turbo they would but on the car.

Actually, Chuck Hanson no longer is a host of the show, and hasn't been for about 3 or so years now.

i would say no for one reson this guys would make a gn run 16seconds
with 3 thousand dollar put in the motor.only way i would like to see it only
if one of are buick builder/vender would host the show and performed all the work.cause this guys from horsepower tv dont now ****

Yeah I don't think the HPTV guys know much of anything but to read the cue cards.

I'm sure they must have some technical advisor that writes them and then tells them what to do and how to do it.

So now what we need is someone knowledgable on turbo Buicks to write up their cue cards and have them perform the televised work, and the untelevised stuff could be by a Buick guru.

I'm pretty sure this is how it works during the filming of the shows.

I think a girdled 109 w/ forged bottom end would be affordable and plausable. There are not enough stage cars out there for them to do a stage motor. Tons of 109's tho. I could see it happening. Those guys think outside the box IMO.

You'd be suprised how many people know about the Grand National. Most people think it's some kind of mysterious super power car that nobody can afford. I guess they are probably correct but at least they know about it!!

That's how people treat my car around here....but then the wagon trains stopped coming only about a year ago... :p