Series II L67 Grand National??!!??

there is a conversion cable that a company sells. Cruise control is about to go on b4 the trip. Ac should be added next year or so:)

were could i find the conversion cable to run the original speedo with the
4l60e, this winter i will be doing the same swap as you, any tips or advise thanks in advance.

subscribed.

IMO this is awesome! Alternatives like this will help drive competition and innovation. The more alternatives we have to powering our cars the better. TA might not make Buick blocks forever and if they do prices will only go up. If my engine were to blow up and a swap like this could be done for near the same cost as a rebuild or new build I would do this in a second. Better technology, plentiful parts, cheaper parts...seems like a win win situation.

or maybe we'll just start using boosted v8's when the Buick parts run dry!;)

were could i find the conversion cable to run the original speedo with the
4l60e, this winter i will be doing the same swap as you, any tips or advise thanks in advance.

i would have to look up the website again... took some sifting to find b4.

why would you want to do a turbo v8 swap, when you could just upgrade to a new skool 3800:biggrin:

car is just awesome, i cant wait to get a built block in there next year with some mls gaskets and a BB67 turbo. Then i might actually turn the boost up past 17psi and try to run some #'s

ps, car wont be making the 9hr trip to the meet i am going to, didnt get the axles in time. It will have another track outting this year tho, and it WILL hit 10's (unless i get kicked out first)

i would have to look up the website again... took some sifting to find b4.

why would you want to do a turbo v8 swap, when you could just upgrade to a new skool 3800:biggrin:

car is just awesome, i cant wait to get a built block in there next year with some mls gaskets and a BB67 turbo. Then i might actually turn the boost up past 17psi and try to run some #'s

ps, car wont be making the 9hr trip to the meet i am going to, didnt get the axles in time. It will have another track outting this year tho, and it WILL hit 10's (unless i get kicked out first)

no v8 swap for me my 3.8 from my 97gtp is the motor that is going in the 87gn the motor is already fully built, my gtp ran a 2.4 60 foot just spinning and still finished the 1/4 12.4 @ 121

that is outstanding. Good idea, and seems to be good work. appears to be a seamless transition. GREAT numbers guys, congratulations. That's a buick mind for ya.

Any idea where Trannyman went? I'm needing some help with making a harness for this kind of thing.

Thanks,

Absolutely Boss!

Jeez!!!:eek: Just looking at the pictures of the engine...gave me a woody!!!:eek: I don't want to know the times...it'll kill me!!:rolleyes: Absolutley a great job there, all the hard work pays off. Great job!!!!!! I love the serious stuff and THAT'S SERIOUS!!!!:eek:

Bruce '87 Grand National

somebody needs to start building some headers and wireing harness-this will take off:smile:

triple edge performance is him

thanx for all the comments, should be back to the track 1 more time this year pending my 8mo pregnant wife:biggrin:

I think it would be nice if dave could take my harness over the winter, or build another and send it to caspers to see if they would build them.

As for headers, i know he will not want to produce those. He had many hours working on those things.

As far as him being busy, YES. And his wife just gave birth to a healthy baby last night!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!

Thanks Cody! We had a boy and he was born at 5:41PM on the 3rd, 9lb 3oz and we named him Brandon William. Brandon and mom are both doing well and we just got back home last night. Sorry I havent been around much guys things have been really hectic between work and doc visits the past few months. As far as headers go this is not something that I would likely ever make production of. As Cody mentioned above there were an aweful lot of hours involved which really isnt my concern, which is that everyone's car will be a different setup and arrangement of brackets/turbo/downpipe/IC, etc, and without having the car it will be near impossible to make something that will work for everyone. Same goes for the wiring harness, I cant make one without the car being present because again everyone will want something different and not everything is always in the same place so wiring is pretty much the last thing to get done for placement reasons.

The fastest record holder for the rwd series 2 3800 car is a 98 firebird and he is using a TH350 with a brake believe it or not and the car's best runs were 8.90s. The car owner's name is Tim King and he would be the guy to ask since he has a V8 bellhousing trans mated with the 3800 block.