Series II L67 Grand National??!!??

I will probably start with the older 3800 engines because they are easier to find in the wrecking yards and I like the aluminum intakes better than the plastic. !

hey Kris FYI the normally aspirated series 3 uses an aluminum intake that people use on turbo builds as do the holden rwd cars in Australia and the f body 3800 cars on series 2 for that matter so there are 3 different factory aluminum intake options that will work in turbo application on series 2 or 3 engines

I'll keep that in mind if I end up with a series 2 engine. There are so many of the first 3800 engines around, I'm not too worried.

Thanks for the info, though, I appreciate it.

Little update after a couple of years. My body shop issues are over after about 2 years and a couple lawsuits.... another story.

End of last year we converted the entire fuel systems to get ready for E85 this year (DW FP, -8an feed, stock feed for return), installed mosers, ordered customer 3" DS, and installed a larger modified maf because I was maxing the LS1 maf. As soon as I got the car back, the snow started and I never made it to the track.

I just ordered some suspension upgrades and a new 6266SP JB this week, so I will get busy on some installing next weekend. If time permits, I am going to try to dyno before and after the turbo swap with everything else remaining constant.

Look to make a couple track visits this year for the first time since page 1 of this thread. Car being out of my hands for nearly two years set me back a little bit, but the fuel is back and its time to get this back in action!

Times are in my sig.

I haven't been able to get back to the track since page 1 of this thread. Had TWO brand new walbros from the recall batch haunt me, and another phantom issue that ended up being nothing more than a maxed ls1 maf. Car is now back on track, and I will try to get some new results on the combo.

'85 Grand National--L67 swap w/TE60 at 17psi-- 11.357@121.40
Thats great. I still want to do this too. xXchodyXx could you send me some pics of your engine compartment.. Ive got an Idea how I want it to go but always open to new idea's. Im glad this thread hasnt died yet....lol

Pics of the engine bay should still be up on Pg1 of the thread. Havent changed anything under there since day 1, until next weekend when the new turbo gets here...

OK I havent looked at the thread for a while-- for the 4l60e how did you get the speedo to work with the tranny again i for got? Im thinking of running a 700 with a cable.
Thanks

Excited to see some more results. This is what I would like to build if I ever get my hands on a T-Type or GN.

need more results and what computer system you running? I got my motor built but make a decision on that. Ill be running a 67mm though...

I am running a 98 v6 camaro PCM. The harness was completely fabbed by triple edge performance.

The car put down 517whp with the TE60 as 19psi last weekend and then I swapped it out with the new 6266SP. As soon as I get a chance to mess with the car again and get to the same psi, I am going back to the dyno. I wanted to get a direct comparison between the old school and new school turbo, then Ill turn it up and see what #s it can actually put down.

I'm guessing close to 600(dynojet) at 19 lbs. Your ex wheel is bigger than my 62, but 134.44 at 3130lbs is around 58x whp, interested to see your results. Hows spool with the 66 ex wheel? What rpm on foot brake?

Ive only driven it once with the 6266 thus far, but the spool is nearly identical as it was with the TE60. Right after I hit the gas it comes up. It may be 100-200rpm difference at most. I havent got the chance to launch or footbrake it yet, have to do a few other things this weekend before I actually get the chance to play. Will post up as soon as I have more info.

Sweet numbers the setup Im going with Imma add meth for giggles and some insurance might do a c16 or e85 tune as well.

The car is actually running on E85 now, finished converting it over a couple of weekends ago. I still have alky, but it is now turned off. I may or may not sell it, but I like the idea of having it on the car in the event that I ever convert back from e85.

I would keep it just in case man. Im going to have it thats from sure.