Scanmaster Install pics

SS/GN

Thanks for all the replies to my scanmaster vs knock gauge.Does anyone have pics of different install locations for the scanmaster.Thanks in advance.:confused:

Scanmaster

Here is mine... right where the previous owner installed it! I have seen quite a few installed in the same place...

Attachments

• PA310770.jpg
    PA310770.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 944
I have mine up top in my line of sight to crack the gas the moment I see knock. I put it above the radio when I'm just cruising. Double stick tape under the scanmaster keep it in position since my car isn't that fast.

Two velcro dots and I have mine installed on top of the radio pod to the left, same as 03Fatboy does.

One of the trickiest installations I've ever seen was in the late Eric Schertz's WE4...He took a base model non-cassette GM radio and fitted the Scanmaster in the place where the cassette mechanism normally would have been. It fits just right!...You got to use a regular GM black faced radio (which was the base model radio used in many GM cars at the time) which has a rectangle in the face place where it's written "electronic tuning" I believe...and after taking the radio apart, you'll see that there's enough room to stuff the Scanmaster in there!...You cut the rectangle off the face plate to create a "window" where the Scanmaster will be inserted and basically, that's it!...When looking at the radio, you now see the Scanmaster in the rectangle that was unsused before, making it a very neat installation and also, I forgot to mention that the radio still worked!! :D
Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures at the time (I should have though... as Eric's gone now...:frown:) but at least, I gave everyone the idea! :wink:

Claude. :smile:

i just finished this last week.... i cut the hole at a 30*angle for the scanmaster and guage, and used a piece of 2" PVC pipe cut at an angle and the wallowed out alittle. my girl stiched some leftover door panel material to cover the wood. i'll change it if i ever want a radio, but a can do w/o the tunes for now- and thought this would look cool. i gotta paint the bezel, i know (it's still a work in progress). and the scanmaster can be pulled out and placed on dash if needed.

Attachments

• DSCN0929.jpg
    DSCN0929.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 827
  • DSCN0931.jpg
    DSCN0931.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 796
Here is mine... right where the previous owner installed it! I have seen quite a few installed in the same place...

same here....if you slide it a little more to the left and slide the chrome strip to the right a little the wire will feed threw then grab it with a pair of needle nose from the backside....makes it look cleaner...

I don't have a pic yet but I installed mine on the top of the dash on the right hand side above the speedo. Doesn't do any good if I can't look at it while I'm trying to keep the car in a straight line. I did not use velcro or tape. I have one of those fuzzy dash covers and I wedged it under the cover. It works for a few reasons:

1. it's where I can see it without taking my eyes of the road
2. it's covered up so most people don't really notice it
3. it's covered up so there's no glare from the sun
4. no glue or tape to destroy the dash when you decide to move it

I'l post a pic later this evening.

Here's mine....of course, this only works if you got rid of your AC.:)

Attachments

• 26866670089_large.jpg
    26866670089_large.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 674
No pic here but I mounted mine on top of the gauge cluster surround, off to the pass side some. So I can see it out of the corner of my right eye. An essential location if you wish to monitor it when getting into the boost.