Scanmaster Help! Need to eliminate knock

Houston, you have a problem. Even though your regulator is working fine, you still haven't verified that your fuel system is up to par at wot. And 3rd is where the load really starts to work the motor. You need lots of fuel pressure here and regular. I wouldn't be looking at the O2 as faulty. It'll blow up soon if you don't fix your fuel problem.

Alright so this is definitely a voltage problem. Just replaced my caspers volt booster...no luck. Still getting 13.4 volts on the scanmaster at WOT. Should be 14-15+ with the booster at above 75% throttle. Precious owner said he replaced the alternator....Any Ideas other than buying a new alternator? and if so any recommendations on a good upgraded alternator?? I am not great with electrical.

I had my voltage regulator replaced at a local rebuilder for 45$. Glad you finally decided to focus on the most important issue.:whistle:

You say that you have a fuel pressure gauge. When are you going to tell us what your fuel pressure is at WOT?

If your new to these cars and just picked it up I would verify what spark plugs are in there and the gap, you can have all kinds of problems with kr with the wrong plugs in say a split-fire or the shitty E3's.
And run the fp gauge temporarily to the windshield under the wiper so you can see it under boost to verify where its at.

I had my voltage regulator replaced at a local rebuilder for 45$. Glad you finally decided to focus on the most important issue.:whistle:
Gonna test the voltage near the battery and near the back connections of the alternator at idle tomorrow. What voltage should i be looking for? And if it is a bad alternator im just gonna buck up for a 96 impala ss LT1 140amp unit.

You say that you have a fuel pressure gauge. When are you going to tell us what your fuel pressure is at WOT?
Wanna solve the voltage issue first and see if that doesnt fix the fuel issue itself. Once i begin running proper voltage ill test the fuel pressure at WOT for the 1/1lb increase.

Going to bring in my stock alternator to have it tested under load at high rpm. If it needs a rebuild prob gonna have it rebuilt to 200amps, i know its overkill but wanna make sure i have enough for whatever im accesories. I do have a dual fan currently. Gonna have the shop do a rebuild with all ac delco parts (hopefully) going to emphasize that the voltage tegulator need to let 15 + volts through. What else could it be? When i got the car 2 months ago it wasnt having voltage issues so i am assuming alternator took a crap. But ill get it tested under load first

I see you are in long island, perhaps talk to Dave Husek, I'm sure he can help you, lots of turbo buick knowledge. I had a similar problem, every once in a while my car would just for no reason start to discharge, took to Jim Dunn and i swear in ten minutes he had it fixed, has not done it since,that was two years ago. I chased that problem for three years,sometimes you just have to know the little tricks.

I see you are in long island, perhaps talk to Dave Husek, I'm sure he can help you, lots of turbo buick knowledge. I had a similar problem, every once in a while my car would just for no reason start to discharge, took to Jim Dunn and i swear in ten minutes he had it fixed, has not done it since,that was two years ago. I chased that problem for three years,sometimes you just have to know the little tricks.
If this last attempt doesnt solve the problem, gonna put it away for winter and take it to dave to go through it in the spring.