Scam Alert! Someone is selling my car.. Read on....

Ryder4864

As some of you know, I've been trying to sell my Regals that I have. I listed them on eBay several times without any luck of finding a buyer. Here is the link to my auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=140010475119&ih=004&sspagename=STRK:MEUS:IT

Here is the false auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...20018598977&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

As you see, I have a detailed description and pictures of the car. Someone copied the picture and summed up the description and is now trying to sell my car for me (for $2000 more than what I was asking). Just a fair warning, DON'T BID ON IT!!! I've already reported this to eBay and I hope that it will get resolved.

BTW I still have the car forsale, its located in PA... not CA

you know what would really suck... if someone bid on that but not on your real post :mad: .. i can't believe people that do that type of ****, get a life.. hope you sell your car man..

Yeah, I was thinking that too, if someone really bought it for 3k. Whatever. I reported it and hopefully something will be done about it. I got on eBays live help and asked if they have a phone number... and surprisingly they don't. What company doesn't have a phone number? Thats stupid IMO.

I run into this alot when I list a car on ebay but usually it is some guy trying to pull the nigerian check scam. The Hyundai I have for sale on here has a bid on it and the guy is 0 rating. Claims to be from VA. i am almost dead positive it is a scam artist. Getting hard to tell the good ones from the bad ones these days. Good Luck to you Man.

:smile:

ebay

:confused: :confused: hi
about 2 months ago igot scammed on a second chance offer for 2500.00 it is my own fault because i sent it western union.
it was part payment for a awesome grand national all i wanted was to talk to some body from ebay ,that i could tell them how they worked the money out of me.never could any body to talk to.i dont think they even cared.
harold.

The "email only" BS has got to end there...
Why can't the Bazillionaire hire some people to provide some customer support? :mad:

I'm 'bout feed up with eBay...

Yeah, eBay is starting to upset me. I can't believe that they don't have customer support via phone. I was told that someday they "might". Whatever.

ebay

hi
that is right i bought 27 things from ebay when i needed help they traeted me like dirt.
harold

hcox10 said:
hi
that is right i bought 27 things from ebay when i needed help they traeted me like dirt.
harold

The problem is you didn't buy from Ebay, you bought things from people who used Ebay as a selling tool.

I am sorry to hear that you were hoaxed, and I can tell you with good confidence that Ebay knows pretty much any scam there is.

That is the problem with the internet, knowing or not knowing what is real. Just look at all the junk e-mails you receive trying to get money out of you and the sad part is, people do get taken, such as yourself. If this was not the case, it would stop, but if the thief even gets one person out of 5,000 or 10,000 to bite, it make it worth their time to try.

Ebay supplies a bunch of information what to watch out for in the way of scams, but sadly, most people just buzz right past it, sorta like when you go an an airplane and they go through what should be done in case of an emergency, most people just ignor.

I get second chance offers all the time, heck I have even gotten them while the auction is still going on. The way around it, is to bid only on private auctions, but then people get worried that there is a lot of shill bidding going on that you are unable to tell because only the seller know the identities of the bidder.

You learned a hard lesson, and it is important to view second chance offeres as the scam they are. If it does not show in in "My Ebay", then it is a hoax.

ebay

hi
i know now i did not buy from ebay at the time i thought it was official
evrything in th e second chance offer had the ebay logo and everything i know now not to take second chance offers but at the time i didnot.
that is still know excuse they wont talk to you.
thanks for all the information harold.

scam

When you click on the link to the bogus auction, you are informed that it is an INVALID ITEM ........ no longer listed. Evidently Ebay has taken action and discontinued the auction. What a shame ........... would have been fun to bid it up to $50,000 :wink: One can only hope that further action will be taken and these scammers are made to pay the consequences of their fraudulent conduct.

Yeah. When I saw someone else was trying to sell my car, I reported it to eBay. However, I had to email eBay instead of calling them.... because they don't have a phone number :confused: The auction ran for 2 and a half days before it was canceled... that, to me, is just too long.