SB2.2 Update 6/10

Dusty Bradford

Here's where the car sits now. I got the motor together and in the car last week. Tranny, converter driveshaft is in. I'm having to re-route the fuel lines because the intake set-up is so different. All vacuum lines and wastegate tubing also has to be re-routed because I moved the wastegate location right under the turbo. My coater could not do the black coating this time so I had no choice but to go with the polished. It's a little to much bling for me but hopefully it'll hold up.

Pushrods will be here tomorrow so they will go in as well as the turbo and downpipe so I can start on charge tubes. If all goes well it will fire off Tuesday:confused:

Attachments

• sb2motorIMG0001.jpg
    sb2motorIMG0001.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 695
  • sb2motorIMG0002.jpg
    sb2motorIMG0002.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 683
  • sb2motorIMG0003.jpg
    sb2motorIMG0003.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 686
  • sb2motorIMG0004.jpg
    sb2motorIMG0004.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 690
Hey Dusty

Let me be the first to express :eek: You car is really turning out nice!!!

Man, I'm seriously thinking about doing a V8 swap with the LSX.

When do you expect it be up and running? Whooops, I guess your looking at Tuesday......Cool!

Ray

Dusty ,
What temp is that coating rated for ? Is it something different or new...
How much di it run ya. The whole engine and header combo is looking great.

Let me be the first to express :eek: You car is really turning out nice!!!

Man, I'm seriously thinking about doing a V8 swap with the LSX.

When do you expect it be up and running? Whooops, I guess your looking at Tuesday......Cool!

Ray

Thanks. The Ls1 is a great way to go. You can find them about anywhere and can make over 1000hp with just a piston and rod change. Very hard to beat that.

Louie. It's advertised as 1200-1300 degree but I have seen it stay on a local turbo car and the headers only turned dull in a couple places. The guy gave me a 1 year warranty on it. If this doesn't last like I want I'll have them done next winter in black. Headers, downpipe and crossover were $325.

Thanks.

Louie. It's advertised as 1200-1300 degree but I have seen it stay on a local turbo car and the headers only turned dull in a couple places. The guy gave me a 1 year warranty on it. If this doesn't last like I want I'll have them done next winter in black. Headers, downpipe and crossover were $325.

Dusty,
Thanks...Again Looking good!:biggrin:

Thanks. The Ls1 is a great way to go. You can find them about anywhere and can make over 1000hp with just a piston and rod change. Very hard to beat that.

Thanks Dusty, and I'll start looking into it a little more......

Good luck with the beast!

Ray

WOW....what did you find out about the cross over size.

Oh and BTW....WOW

hey dusty lmk the next time you need something coated in 2000 degree black .....ive got it in stock and ill cut ya a smokin deal!!!

It's running. I got to H'ville in time to make one pass but it spun and I let out soon....6.9 something at 94. Heading to MMP in the morning.

That looks awesome Dusty!!:cool:

Is that the same motor as the last build minus the top end or all new stuff??

Same block and crank, everything else is different.

John, I still have not made a full pass in 5 attempts. Tranny problems have about killed me this weekend. Friday night I thought I spun when I went to high gear. Turns out I smoke high gear on the 1st pass. 1st round qual at MMP I never made it out of the burnout box. We pulled the tranny between rounds and PTC rebuilt it. Remember this is a new Dedenbear case set-up that was dyno tested. 2nd round, same deal, went to high gear and smoked the clutches again. Pulled tranny back out and put Stack's backup in the car. Apparantly the valvebody or something in the case is not right and not engaging high gear completely.

It also seems the newgen wastegate is too small. It didn't matter how slowly I tried to bring boost in, it goes straight to 24# of boost.

Last round qual, I left easy, 1.54 60 foot. The boost came in and the car was on a tear. It moved to the right about 250-300 feet so I lifted at 3.2 into the run....330 time was 3.7 so you see how early I lifted. Still coasted to a 5.7 at 113. I spun when the boost came in but won 1st round elims Sunday after peddling and getting back in it, opponent came into my lane behind me. 2nd round I spun right when I left the line, peddled and spun again. Got back in it to see if i could run the other guy down and still ran 135mph on 26# of boost. Track was very greasy Sunday, best pass was a 5.25.

Last round qual, I left easy, 1.54 60 foot. The boost came in and the car was on a tear. It moved to the right about 250-300 feet so I lifted at 3.2 into the run....330 time was 3.7 so you see how early I lifted. Still coasted to a 5.7 at 113. I spun when the boost came in but won 1st round elims Sunday after peddling and getting back in it, opponent came into my lane behind me. 2nd round I spun right when I left the line, peddled and spun again. Got back in it to see if i could run the other guy down and still ran 135mph on 26# of boost. Track was very greasy Sunday, best pass was a 5.25.

Damn, I wanted to call you so bad, but I figured you would be busy sorting out the new combination. Sorry about the tranny and I hope you had a nice father's day.

Matching your best ET the first time out and with problems is nice.
Can you say 4.9s in good weather on a nice surface???? =)
What are you going to do for the gate???

I know you are class racing but all be damned if I wouldnt throw some true slicks on there and see what she'd do once the bugs are worked out!Seems like that car just keeps getting nicer and faster!