Same chpi for 42lbs and 50lbs?

72firebird

I was wondering, I have a Turbo Tweak chip made for 100 octane with 23psi and I believe it was like 21degrees of timing (not sure). The chp was made for my PT51 turbo and 009 42lbs injectors. Could I use this same chip if I went to 50lbs injectors and went to 93 octane? I realise that I would have to make a couple little tuning changes, but just wanted to see if it would be close enough to still run 23psi with the 93 octane. Any ideas on what tuning changes to make?

I wouldn't try it. The 42's and 50's have very different pulse width vs. fuel delivered curves so even if you managed to find a fuel pressure that got you the right fuel at wot at some boost at high rpm, the spoolup and low rpm wot will be way way off. If you had to do it to move the car, okay, turn the fuel pressure down so the blm's aren't too bad (say 36-38 psi) and just don't mash down enough to make any boost. Otherwise, get Eric to reprogram the chip for your 50's.

72firebird said:
I was wondering, I have a Turbo Tweak chip made for 100 octane with 23psi and I believe it was like 21degrees of timing (not sure). The chp was made for my PT51 turbo and 009 42lbs injectors. Could I use this same chip if I went to 50lbs injectors and went to 93 octane? I realise that I would have to make a couple little tuning changes, but just wanted to see if it would be close enough to still run 23psi with the 93 octane. Any ideas on what tuning changes to make?

In word. NO. 42# injectors are not 50's and vice-versa. You need a chip cut for the injectors you're going to run. Trying to cheat (cheap) the system will only hurt (your motor).