Adding new turbo tweak chip

we2man

Today I’m putting in a new turbo tweak chip in my 100% stock 87 gn. My question is I’ve been putting in 100% non ethanol 93 octane for the past 8 months. So now that I’ve got the chip that’s made for ethanol should I use the same fuel or would 92-93 with ethanol with be best? Any input with be appreciated. Thank you.

The broad answer is - you should run whatever fuel the chip was burned for. That said, if you’re talking about fuel only containing up to 10% ethanol, then I don’t think it matters. Just keep an eye out for knock as you should be doing anyway.

The problem with pump gas these days is you don’t really know what you’re getting unless you test.

Probably worst case is your air / fuel ratio will be slightly richer with the non ethanol fuel . Do you have a scanmaster ?

Not yet but I got one ordered. I’ll probably hold off on putting it in until I get it. I sure don’t want to hurt anything.

Today I’m putting in a new turbo tweak chip in my 100% stock 87 gn. My question is I’ve been putting in 100% non ethanol 93 octane for the past 8 months. So now that I’ve got the chip that’s made for ethanol should I use the same fuel or would 92-93 with ethanol with be best? Any input with be appreciated. Thank you.
Are you saying the new chip is burned for E85?

The chip is burned for the octane and and boost range.
There is some play as the 5.7 can be adjusted

it will be fine... the ethanol in the 3 grades of fuel has nothing to do with octane so to speak ....just run the new chip for at least 50 miles or so for the ECM to re learn....non ethanol fuel is really only needed to maintain integrity of a fuel system, like in boats where reliability is paramount

I'm with TTA308, what do you mean by "the chip that’s made for ethanol". Do you mean E85, Methanal injection, 93 Octane with ethanol or 91 Octane with ethanol. There is a huge difference in these four fuels. I run Eric's chip for 93 Octane but it's not "made for ethanol", so I'm not sure what you are asking.

its for 92 93 octane with ethanol. I was just wondering if 93 octane non ethanol fuel would be harmful. My apologies!