sage green "T"

Status
Not open for further replies.
BandAid, I agree with what your saying to a point. I think its more than just a few TB guys that know the rarity of the color..lol Ive had the car at Autorama and Summit Racings BOP shows and people immediatly knew this car was no run of the mill turbo regal because of the color. Especially after taking Best of Show.;) Several of the collectors who have contacted me had no turbo cars but wanted one for there collection that was rare. So somehow the word is out there and more prevalent than one might think. In the end its whats having a factory Vin 7 car this car color worth and mean to someone.

Nice response Brian... Much more diplomatic than mine was goingto be... ;)

K.

Did you ever get the 20 something thousand dollars for a sage car needing a full resto...:eek::eek:

That's completely between the current owner and myself. I know that we are both happy with the transaction, and you'd be surprised... ;) However, I didn't pay "20-something", wasn't asking "20-something", didn't sell for "20-something".

I can tell you that for a long term investment, he pulled the trigger on something you wouldn't/couldn't...

Again... Showing diplomacy and honor through the keyboard. You might want to look into those terms yourself...

K.

I believe Bryan's (Quick6-n-KC) car was a N/A car that he converted..... I think it was originally sage green though..... just not a Vin7 car....

I could be wrong.... it has been several years since I saw Bryan.... or that car.

I wish you luck on your quest. I spent alot of time and $$ trying to track one of these cars down only to find out it was really blue or not a factory Vin 7 car or someone had painted it Sage(several of those believe it or not). To save yourself alot of time and headache when you think you have found one. Ask for a pict of the RPO trunk sticker. It will have the Vin number on it with the 7 on the 8 digit obviously and be full of 43 codes in the option areas along with the LC2.

This pict is of my '87 light sage Limited Turbo T from the 2005 GSCA Nationals. Car took 1st place. Scored a 99 out of a possible 100. As NCTURBOS (Keith) stated I have turned down ALOT of cash over the years for the car. Deep in the realm of low mile GNX money from several collectors, enthusiast. I love and enjoy the car to much and dont see myself ever selling it.

First of all I want to say ,Beautiful car,I loved it since i first saw it on another site.
But,Are you saying that you had multiple offers of what would have to be in the $65,000 to $95,000 area ?:eek: Thats what the offers would have To be ,to be in the realm of a low mile gnx. All Because it has a color that was so unpopular when the cars were built that only a few were sprayed that way.
I collected cars for decades + a color can influence the value of a car to a point, maybe 25% at Best,+ that is always due to a perfomance or high impact colors,Like grabber blue on a boss 429,the most popular color.curious yellow on a 71 cuda,or some specila reason like highland green for 68 390 mustang fastbacks,because of bullitt.etc.+ that is on big dollar collector cars,Turbo Regals are not collector cars, other then the gnx's.
But never has a very tame, mundane color,tripled or quadrupled the price of a car. or added any value to a car for that matter.
In this case because it is a rare color, thats not hideous+ it's also on top of a minty looking,limited,it does add some value,but not 300 or 400 % of the cars value.(And if the car has been repainted that kills alot of the interest of a rare color)In this case it's not that it's a great color,its just that nobody ever see's that color on these cars,so it's a novelty + yours is so nice,and is on a great combo with the vinyl roof + the chrome package etc. that it looks even better,I think if you saw this on just a t-type with no chrome package + no vinyl roof dresssing it up it would not be too inviting.
I just found a one owner,Very rare color + model/ combo,I think this combo may even be 1 of a kind, super low orig mi, orig paint car with full docs,that is prob going to sell for under 15k.
I know 1 other member knows of this car i'm talking about so please don't mention it here as i am prob going to make an offer on it.
If i buy it i would like the names + #'s of the people who made offers on yours because i will let my new one go for, a mere $60 k or so, maybe even 50k. If someone pays crazy money for a car because it is a color you don't see often it's their own fault when they have to take a huge bath when they go to sell it.I'm also looking at a rare old muscle car with a scarce color that he is touting as a rare desirable color but the car has been for sale for months now + is down tens of thousands of dollars on the price,+ that one is a top of the line collector car with a somewhat decent color.
when i put an ad in the cars wanted section,for something diff + not run of the mill, i got some pretty interesting,replies from people, who had cars that because of some little thing they thought was diff,like lack of power window's,+ cruise control + acted like that was a good thing,+ was asking big bucks for his "Factory Lightweight) or a car with a little bit of an interesting history but that had no ,effect on value, that had been smashed + a whole new front clip put on,for big money, because of the history.
This is in no way a put down of your car, I think it is beautiful,+ would love to have it + would pay a premium for the car because of condition + a great,combo.
But if someone offered you low mile gnx #'s which themselves are way over inflated,for your car because it's light green,(think about that for a minute),
Then i think everybody involved needs their head examined.

think the Sage is the rarest.... i have seen a few that light yellow color... even a T-limited that color. i've only seen the one Sage Turbo car... i think Brian from KC did a conversion on one though... hth

I think that color is called cream ,or cream beige,something to that effect,+ is a very scarce color too.
Too bad it's a salvage car,but i'm glad it WAS salvaged,+ not junked.thats prob also the reason it has such low miles.it is cool when you see the diff colors that arn't often seen,I think out of the colors you don't see often ,this one has the most pizazz,or life to it,remember the rare colors are rare because they were not popular,on these cars,most colors had been out for yrs before + just were not ordered,Think about it if this was 1987 + you were either a dealer or a buyer would you be ordering your new turbo car to tear up the streets in, in sage green or rosewood or cream for that matter.
Blue ,white black,silver would be the most likely choices of what was available
There is also i think 2 diff browns,a light one ,and a dark,also,rosewood, + a dark red or maroon too,all of which are hardly ever seen.Also some weird two tone color combo's,+ those are few + far between too.
Hard to say which is the rarest, because there is no breakdown,that i know of, + really doesn't matter, in your everyday travels unless you live near one,your not likely to see one anyway,for that matter how often do you see a tr on the street,or even a ls1 camaro ss,or 03-04 terminator,unless your at a,street race get together or car show,or something, They are all scarce.
Here is one more thought on the, "Offers deep in the realm of low mile gnx range," lets say today that would be $60k on the low side,remember gnx,low mile is prob 4k to 12k mi.
A REALLY nice, minty grand national,today is about $15 k, is someone really going to pay, 4 times a grand national price, because of the color is not seen often,it's still just a tr.
Another way,to guage value would be,A super nice like new 2006 z06 vette,(Lets say millenium yellow, my fav for 06) is $38 k these days,so is someone going to buy a rare color tr for low mile gnx prices, or the z06, for $38 "AND" a mint grand national for $15k AND still have enough left over for a nice 5.0 mustang, or build a bad a-- motor,or a twin turbo setup for the z06.
Or possibly ,2 mint grand nationals,$($30k) AND a 03 supercharged cobra,($16k)AND a nice turbo regal limited,for ($13k). for the same $60 k
Or for that matter is someone Really going to, not buy the low mile gnx + go buy a t-type for the same price because it has a scarce color?
As they say in Rhode Island= Not for nuthin, but I don't think so.

I got some parts off a wrecked T in that color in st louis, few years back. Usetaboost wound up with the hood, still have the BRF trans core here. Never really thought of that color as rare but now that you say it, it was the only one I ever saw that way.

Which color, sage or cream?

seen way to chevy celebrities and such cars in sage to ever desire that color. i do like the dark sage.. my mom had an 84 delta 88 that was the dark sage with a light sage top and int.

as far as rarity what bout the designer series cars?... with the exception of the black/gray, i've never seen any of them anywhere except at BG.

First of all I want to say ,Beautiful car,I loved it since i first saw it on another site.
But,Are you saying that you had multiple offers of what would have to be in the $65,000 to $95,000 area ?:eek: Thats what the offers would have To be ,to be in the realm of a low mile gnx. All Because it has a color that was so unpopular when the cars were built that only a few were sprayed that way.
I collected cars for decades + a color can influence the value of a car to a point, maybe 25% at Best,+ that is always due to a perfomance or high impact colors,Like grabber blue on a boss 429,the most popular color.curious yellow on a 71 cuda,or some specila reason like highland green for 68 390 mustang fastbacks,because of bullitt.etc.+ that is on big dollar collector cars,Turbo Regals are not collector cars, other then the gnx's.
But never has a very tame, mundane color,tripled or quadrupled the price of a car. or added any value to a car for that matter.
In this case because it is a rare color, thats not hideous+ it's also on top of a minty looking,limited,it does add some value,but not 300 or 400 % of the cars value.(And if the car has been repainted that kills alot of the interest of a rare color)In this case it's not that it's a great color,its just that nobody ever see's that color on these cars,so it's a novelty + yours is so nice,and is on a great combo with the vinyl roof + the chrome package etc. that it looks even better,I think if you saw this on just a t-type with no chrome package + no vinyl roof dresssing it up it would not be too inviting.
I just found a one owner,Very rare color + model/ combo,I think this combo may even be 1 of a kind, super low orig mi, orig paint car with full docs,that is prob going to sell for under 15k.
I know 1 other member knows of this car i'm talking about so please don't mention it here as i am prob going to make an offer on it.
If i buy it i would like the names + #'s of the people who made offers on yours because i will let my new one go for, a mere $60 k or so, maybe even 50k. If someone pays crazy money for a car because it is a color you don't see often it's their own fault when they have to take a huge bath when they go to sell it.I'm also looking at a rare old muscle car with a scarce color that he is touting as a rare desirable color but the car has been for sale for months now + is down tens of thousands of dollars on the price,+ that one is a top of the line collector car with a somewhat decent color.
when i put an ad in the cars wanted section,for something diff + not run of the mill, i got some pretty interesting,replies from people, who had cars that because of some little thing they thought was diff,like lack of power window's,+ cruise control + acted like that was a good thing,+ was asking big bucks for his "Factory Lightweight) or a car with a little bit of an interesting history but that had no ,effect on value, that had been smashed + a whole new front clip put on,for big money, because of the history.
This is in no way a put down of your car, I think it is beautiful,+ would love to have it + would pay a premium for the car because of condition + a great,combo.
But if someone offered you low mile gnx #'s which themselves are way over inflated,for your car because it's light green,(think about that for a minute),

Gotta love it when a guy who has been a member of the board for a little over a year "thinks" he knows something.:rolleyes: Nothing like running your mouth about a car you have never seen in person or know ANYTHING about but you can tell us what its worth:rolleyes:

You have NO clue what rare is guy.. or anything about TRs in general by reading all your sad posts newbie. Go tell all the GNX owners how there cars prices are "way over infalted" in the GNX forums now please because you DONT have the money to buy one.:rolleyes: Go buy your "rare" car for 15k you "think" is a rare combo.. then the members here can post up how they have one just like it only with less miles and nicer.

Theres no need to defend the offers I have had on the car. Guys who have been board members for years and years can vouch for the car. Believe it or not theres just a little more substance to this car than its color but you wouldnt know anything about that.:rolleyes: Might be why its won the GS Nationals, BPG Nationals, Summit Racing Nationals, Buicks at Norwalk and Autorama all multiple times.. but you prob already knew that huh newb.:rolleyes:

GNBRETT had you pegged right in this thread below..

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/330337-1987-buick-grand-national-stage-ii-street-car.html

now stop trolling. ur a dreamer, thats it. move on to ricer forums or something.
..well put!!

I think that color is called cream ,or cream beige,something to that effect,+ is a very scarce color too.
Too bad it's a salvage car,but i'm glad it WAS salvaged,+ not junked.thats prob also the reason it has such low miles.it is cool when you see the diff colors that arn't often seen,I think out of the colors you don't see often ,this one has the most pizazz,or life to it,remember the rare colors are rare because they were not popular,on these cars,most colors had been out for yrs before + just were not ordered,Think about it if this was 1987 + you were either a dealer or a buyer would you be ordering your new turbo car to tear up the streets in, in sage green or rosewood or cream for that matter.
Blue ,white black,silver would be the most likely choices of what was available
There is also i think 2 diff browns,a light one ,and a dark,also,rosewood, + a dark red or maroon too,all of which are hardly ever seen.Also some weird two tone color combo's,+ those are few + far between too.
Hard to say which is the rarest, because there is no breakdown,that i know of, + really doesn't matter, in your everyday travels unless you live near one,your not likely to see one anyway,for that matter how often do you see a tr on the street,or even a ls1 camaro ss,or 03-04 terminator,unless your at a,street race get together or car show,or something, They are all scarce.
Here is one more thought on the, "Offers deep in the realm of low mile gnx range," lets say today that would be $60k on the low side,remember gnx,low mile is prob 4k to 12k mi.
A REALLY nice, minty grand national,today is about $15 k, is someone really going to pay, 4 times a grand national price, because of the color is not seen often,it's still just a tr.
Another way,to guage value would be,A super nice like new 2006 z06 vette,(Lets say millenium yellow, my fav for 06) is $38 k these days,so is someone going to buy a rare color tr for low mile gnx prices, or the z06, for $38 "AND" a mint grand national for $15k AND still have enough left over for a nice 5.0 mustang, or build a bad a-- motor,or a twin turbo setup for the z06.
Or possibly ,2 mint grand nationals,$($30k) AND a 03 supercharged cobra,($16k)+a nice turbo regal limited,for ($13k). for the same $60 k
Or for that matter is someone Really going to, not buy the low mile gnx + go buy a t-type for the same price because it has a scarce color?
As they say in Rhode Island= Not for nuthin, but I don't think so.

Wow! ALOT more of "I thinks" in there..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: When you actually KNOW something about something make a post.. until then read, go to the Nationals, see what it takes to build a TR and learn something about what your running your mouth about.

15k for a REALLY nice MINT GNs??:rolleyes: Enough said..

Gotta love it when a guy who has been a member of the board for a little over a year "thinks" he knows something.:rolleyes: Nothing like running your mouth about a car you have never seen in person or know ANYTHING about but you can tell us what its worth:rolleyes:

You have NO clue what rare is guy.. or anything about TRs in general by reading all your sad posts newbie. Go tell all the GNX owners how there cars prices are "way over infalted" in the GNX forums now please because you DONT have the money to buy one.:rolleyes: Go buy your "rare" car for 15k you "think" is a rare combo.. then the members here can post up how they have one just like it only with less miles and nicer.

Theres no need to defend the offers I have had on the car. Guys who have been board members for years and years can vouch for the car. Believe it or not theres just a little more substance to this car than its color but you wouldnt know anything about that.:rolleyes: Might be why its won the GS Nationals, BPG Nationals, Summit Racing Nationals, Buicks at Norwalk and Autorama all multiple times.. but you prob already knew that huh newb.:rolleyes:

GNBRETT had you pegged right in this thread below..

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/330337-1987-buick-grand-national-stage-ii-street-car.html

now stop trolling. ur a dreamer, thats it. move on to ricer forums or something.
..well put!!

Wow! ALOT more of "I thinks" in there..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: When you actually KNOW something about something make a post.. until then read, go to the Nationals, see what it takes to build a TR and learn something about what your running your mouth about.

15k for a REALLY nice MINT GNs??:rolleyes: Enough said..

jeez....i wonder what you would do if someone made fun of ur dog :biggrin:

its only paint guys!

You obviously have never seen this car or have a clue how rare it is. I would mortgage my home in an instant for this car!! The amount of time, money, details that are in that car are out of this world! now add the fact that its 1 of 1035 limiteds and the fact that its factory light sage metallic with ultra low miles. find me another one 60k is cheap in my book! if I didn't know squat about these cars like this guy I might think the way he does! Thank god I do though!

You obviously have never seen this car or have a clue how rare it is. I would mortgage my home in an instant for this car!! The amount of time, money, details that are in that car are out of this world! now add the fact that its 1 of 1035 limiteds and the fact that its factory light sage metallic with ultra low miles. find me another one 60k is cheap in my book!
now i know why i see cars in hemmings forever...people think they hold gold when its really painted silver. 60k for a T? thats insane! Im not trying to be offensive to anyone who has a mint low mileage "rare" color T but come on.... are you guys dreaming to much while watching barret jackson? if the car was fully custom, suspension , brakes, etc i could see 60 K for a T.. but these arent 427 tripower corvettes, convertible hemi cuda...no one loves G-bodies more than I but im also realistic about it in the scheme of things

IMHO..... the most rare of the rare (T's or other GN's) won't be worth what a GNX is worth.....ever.

For 60K........ it needs to be a brand new condition T that is totally stock appearing..... runs on pump gas..... and goes 8's...... with a/c...... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.