sage green "T"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what it boils down to gentlemen. Regardless of what any of us thinks, the car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, market be damned. All it takes is a guy with a little disposable income and a hard on for a particular car. Barrett Jackson has proven this time and again. It wasn't that long ago when you could pick up a clean 69 Z28 for under 20k. It's all in what a fella likes and what he's willing and able to pay. I personally think its a beautiful car and I like the sneaky factor about it but would I give 60k for it? No. Primarily because I'm cheap. But if he can get that for it, more power to him. If I had the car and wasn't hard up for cash I wouldn't sell it either. We've already established you would have a hell of a time replacing it.

No tr is worth that much.
Sorry didn't see this post before.
First thing is, you say I can't afford the car,but YOU are the one who would need to go into debt to buy it.$60k in debt:eek:

SURE you would,buy it,If Only it were for sale,:rolleyes:+ what a great financial move that would be too,what are home equity loans charging for interest now, So not only would you over pay by somewhere in the neighborhood of about 35 - 40k.but you would take out a loan to do it. + suck equity out of your house in a housing market that is sinking by the day with much more downward momentum to come.Does your wife know about this brilliant plan of yours, great strategic move.Man i want you around when i sell my next car.
I heard today that we are in the 53rd month of home value contraction,+ we are only down,about 26%, from the top,but the boom raised prices,around 80%. If you are dumb enough to do that ,then you deserve,what ever consequences,it brings you.This is the exact reason, so many people lost their houses,(I know!! that could never happen to you,Right!!)what if you lost your job a week later, what would you do,put the car back up for sale? What do you think you would get for it,Do you think there is someone else dumb enough to pay you that for it.
But ,im sure this whole thing is bull,because i don't believe for a second,you are a real buyer,because if you were there is no way the seller would turn down that offer. He'd have to be as dumb,to turn it down as you would be to pay it.
I Call bull----
Nice try guys.:rolleyes:

Not only do you know what every turbo Buick is worth because you own so many but your a financial advisor also arent you Edward Jones?!:rolleyes:

Do you join financial message boards and tell them what stocks are worth and what to buy and sell also after being a member for a WHOPPING 3 MONTHS LIKE YOU DO HERE????

Im gonna sit back and watch for your BIG purchase of the rare car you ranted about.. that your "probably" gonna make an offer on.. you do have the money for it right??? I didnt think so..

Im done responding to this ass hat who doesnt own a Buick and the one he did was a sh!t pile.. and he had no clue about the car. What turbo was on it, what injectors were in it, exc.. but knows and has wriiten the Buick bible after 3 months.

Heres a link for you.. write Paul and tell him what his car is worth also Einstein.:rolleyes:

Buick : Regal - eBay (item 200562552601 end time Jan-13-11 15:31:23 PST)

Here's what it boils down to gentlemen. Regardless of what any of us thinks, the car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, market be damned. All it takes is a guy with a little disposable income and a hard on for a particular car. Barrett Jackson has proven this time and again. It wasn't that long ago when you could pick up a clean 69 Z28 for under 20k. It's all in what a fella likes and what he's willing and able to pay. I personally think its a beautiful car and I like the sneaky factor about it but would I give 60k for it? No. Primarily because I'm cheap. But if he can get that for it, more power to him. If I had the car and wasn't hard up for cash I wouldn't sell it either. We've already established you would have a hell of a time replacing it.

Well put Dewey. Im not not in any financial need in the slightest and the car is way more important to me than a large sum of cash.. thats why its NOT for sale and wont be. If I was in need of cash I would sell one of the other 5 TRs I have or TTAs. This car would be the last to go. Replacing a car thats 1 of 1 is impossible. If you want it and theres only 1 out there and the guy who has it doesnt want to sell it, thats the end of it.

Well lets put it this way unless you have a car worth even remotely close to that car or can prove you could pay 60 k for any car then i would suggest you shut your mouth & quit calling people that obviously have the financial capabilities to buy a car like that DUMB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I personally was present 2 years ago when a man offered him 40k and he turned it down flat which quickly told me this guy doesn't need the money too bad !

This is getting further and further OT...... but until the car sells for XX,XXX.XX dollars...... it is all hearsay.....and that is an undisputable fact.

Again.... G/L to the original poster in finding the car that he wants.

...Im done responding to these ass hats...

Me too... Brian, I apologize for even bringing your car into the conversation back in post #10!! If you need anything you know where to find me!! Maybe I'll be ready to low-ball the $$$ on one of your cars when you need to sell as your family count grows... :biggrin: But lets not bring up the value of the two-tone or gold car... :eek: ;)

To the original poster... Sorry to assist in depleting your thread. Maybe ask the moderator to delete and start a new one. Please keep me posted, PM is fine, on how you make out.

K.

Well lets put it this way unless you have a car worth even remotely close to that car or can prove you could pay 60 k for any car then i would suggest you shut your mouth & quit calling people that obviously have the financial capabilities to buy a car like that DUMB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gave a phone call over to my buddy last night. ( I talk to him everyday anyway). We discussed this car.

This particular person has been a collector for 15 years. He has owned 30+ Turbo Buicks. He has had factory T-type cop cars, GN's, We4's, few designer series, and every color T that comes along with the acception of a few. Some with leather, few limiteds in various configurations and a Hybrid tripple black Convertible Z28 that sold for around $30k. Also some Typhoons, syclones and a TTA. He currently has a beutiful well known Iroc hybrid, a few T-types and a black, bench seat, landau top limited. He also has an 86 Designer with a rare maroon interior and 18,500 window sticker car (fully loaded). He drives an escalade, paid for in cash, and runs three buisness right now. One is a busy Grand National parts buisness.

He fits the description of someone that can drop $60k on a valueable T-type.

I called him with a completely non-biased question about this car. I just said, what do you think this cars worth in a good market.

He said $25-30k? I said he has been offered 60k. He said anything over 30K is overpaying. sometimes people with money will do that. He obviously got on the GNX topic and thats where the conversation went.

Just saying. Don't use the no money exuse. :)

like i said before,,,you will be the only one thinking you got the shiznits of a color while driving down the rode...a shinny Black Bad azz Gn gets noticed a sage green will be over looked,,JMO..and dont tell me everyone now knows the sage green,,85% of the car guys(non gn) on the road are stupid "nice Montee.... Gonna paint my GNX sage:eek::eek::rolleyes::D

like i said before,,,you will be the only one thinking you got the shiznits of a color while driving down the rode...a shinny Black Bad azz Gn gets noticed a sage green will be over looked,,JMO..and dont tell me everyone now knows the sage green,,85% of the car guys(non gn) on the road are stupid "nice Montee.... Gonna paint my GNX sage:eek::eek::rolleyes::D
like i said before...chevy painted a heck of a lot caprices, celebrities, etc that color... it never really was appealing to me. dark cherry colored T and the ice blue are the Best and sharpest looking IMO besides the WH1

Gave a phone call over to my buddy last night. ( I talk to him everyday anyway). We discussed this car.

This particular person has been a collector for 15 years. He has owned 30+ Turbo Buicks. He has had factory T-type cop cars, GN's, We4's, few designer series, and every color T that comes along with the acception of a few. Some with leather, few limiteds in various configurations and a Hybrid tripple black Convertible Z28 that sold for around $30k. Also some Typhoons, syclones and a TTA. He currently has a beutiful well known Iroc hybrid, a few T-types and a black, bench seat, landau top limited. He also has an 86 Designer with a rare maroon interior and 18,500 window sticker car (fully loaded). He drives an escalade, paid for in cash, and runs three buisness right now. One is a busy Grand National parts buisness.

He fits the description of someone that can drop $60k on a valueable T-type.

I called him with a completely non-biased question about this car. I just said, what do you think this cars worth in a good market.

He said $25-30k? I said he has been offered 60k. He said anything over 30K is overpaying. sometimes people with money will do that. He obviously got on the GNX topic and thats where the conversation went.

Just saying. Don't use the no money exuse. :)

If this is the buddy your talking about http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/internet-auction-finds-possible-frauds/323722-beware-ebays-gnpowermasters.html

then if he is anything like his customers, overpaying should be right up his alley.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.