sage green "T"

Status
Not open for further replies.
now i know why i see cars in hemmings forever...people think they hold gold when its really painted silver. 60k for a T? thats insane! Im not trying to be offensive to anyone who has a mint low mileage "rare" color T but come on.... are you guys dreaming to much while watching barret jackson? if the car was fully custom, suspension , brakes, etc i could see 60 K for a T.. but these arent 427 tripower corvettes, convertible hemi cuda...no one loves G-bodies more than I but im also realistic about it in the scheme of things

Realistic is what someone is willing to pay for the car. He's had multiple players offer him alot of money for it, and none of them were watching it cross the auction blocks at a B.J. event, or looking through a Hemmings issue. FWIW, I know of atleast one other "common" colored Limited-T that has been offered high $$$ as well.

K.

IMHO..... the most rare of the rare (T's or other GN's) won't be worth what a GNX is worth.....ever.

For 60K........ it needs to be a brand new condition T that is totally stock appearing..... runs on pump gas..... and goes 8's...... with a/c...... :rolleyes:

I don't know how you can say that when he's already been offered the $$$... :confused:

K.

Just skimmed this thread. I wanted to see more pictures of the Sage green.

$60K for a T-type? Wow. I guess I kind of find that hard to believe. Although crazier things have happened. I would think $30k is a stretch for an extremely low miles (under 25k) T-type that is a very low production number.

Offered and sold are to differnet things. Just saying. :wink:

You beat me to it.

I'll admit... I just skimmed the thread as well..... saw some nice cars get sold for less than half that..... there was a GNX clone that looked brand new..... couldn't tell it from a GNX..... that was offered up forsale for $29,500. I don't know if it sold or not.... but it looked as new in the pics.....

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/332763-gnx-100-tribute-replica-sale-29500-a.html

Pics here:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/287266-gnx-recreation-sale.html

Anyway.... getting OT...... my apologies to the OP and G/L with your quest.....

Gotta love it when a guy who has been a member of the board for a little over a year "thinks" he knows something.:rolleyes: Nothing like running your mouth about a car you have never seen in person or know ANYTHING about but you can tell us what its worth:rolleyes:

You have NO clue what rare is guy.. or anything about TRs in general by reading all your sad posts newbie. Go tell all the GNX owners how there cars prices are "way over infalted" in the GNX forums now please because you DONT have the money to buy one.:rolleyes: Go buy your "rare" car for 15k you "think" is a rare combo.. then the members here can post up how they have one just like it only with less miles and nicer.

Theres no need to defend the offers I have had on the car. Guys who have been board members for years and years can vouch for the car. Believe it or not theres just a little more substance to this car than its color but you wouldnt know anything about that.:rolleyes: Might be why its won the GS Nationals, BPG Nationals, Summit Racing Nationals, Buicks at Norwalk and Autorama all multiple times.. but you prob already knew that huh newb.:rolleyes:

GNBRETT had you pegged right in this thread below..

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/330337-1987-buick-grand-national-stage-ii-street-car.html

now stop trolling. ur a dreamer, thats it. move on to ricer forums or something.
..well put!!

Wow! ALOT more of "I thinks" in there..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: When you actually KNOW something about something make a post.. until then read, go to the Nationals, see what it takes to build a TR and learn something about what your running your mouth about.

15k for a REALLY nice MINT GNs??:rolleyes: Enough said..

First of all your car is NOT listed here for sale ,so i am not trolling,
second i looked it up + my "i thinks" were correct, It is called cream beige, according to another site,+ there is a light + dark brown color for these cars.If i'm not 100% then i will say i think or i'm not positive but... instead of saying something is definetly so + then being wrong.One thing i can Say with absolute certainty + that is your car is not in the $60K neighborhood.
+ yes a mint gn can be had for $15 k in the real world,not imaginary offer world.So your car is a restored car + not even a low mileage, unrestored orig. paint car.That just dropped it further down the value tree, was it a rusty car,is it #'s matching.all orig body panels, ever hit,clear title?
+ i have been in + out of these cars since 87 when i bought a gn new,+ bought 6 or seven in the maybe 10 yr period after that.but havn't had one in a while before the one i just bought recently.So don't say i'm a newbie to these cars.
As far as knowing what rare is,I know your's is one of 1035 limiteds,as i said before i think it's a beautiful car, I also know alot of people won't own one because of the column shift,+ because i owned one yrs ago i know the regular t-type buckets are more comfy then the pillow seats.
Having said that, i like the limiteds because they are diff, + can't say I wouldn't buy 1 because of the column shift,but it really turns me off of the cars along with many other people,i know this because when i sold mine i had a hard time because of the bench seat column auto.but i would buy the right one despite of it.
Even tho it has nice options,+ a color you don't see often,( not a great color),one that is only interesting because people don't see it often.It is still just a turbo regal,same as all the others,just diff color + options.No more no less,yes it's in great shape ,at least in the pics.but that doesn't put into the stratosphere in value.+ it doesn't matter what you have into it,Thats not what it's worth.
And you can't say i don't know rare,Because i have owned many,rare cars,+ they wern't just rare because of an unattractive color.
The last rare car i bought was the 1st ls1 ss 6 spd convertible ever built vin was 100036, look at how many ss's were built in mystic teal metallic,for all yrs they were built,+ you will see there was just 1, that one was mine that wasn't because of an unpopular color,it was because slp couldn't match the paint when they put on the hoods,spoilers etc. (By the way mystic teal metallic is a kind of flip flop color that turns from blue to green to purple in diff lights,(A special color)not an olive drab color that nobody wanted.) Not only was it the only one ever built in this color," but was also a pre production, pilot car," built for some reason over the course of two weeks,instead of the usual few hours.AND it was the top model ,a very rare 6 spd convertible,AND not just any 6 spd convert. but the very 1st ever built.All documented by chevy.+ was suposed to be destroyed with all the other pilot cars,but was not for some reason.
I'm not going over every car i've owned, but i'll give you another example,
I owned the 1st 440 six pack convertible ever built,and it was also the 1st 70 440-6 car built.
It was a 1 of seven,1970 coronet r/t convertible,+ this was a track pack,pistol grip 4 spd car with,dana 354 rear( I don't know if mine was counted in those 7) because it also was a pre production pilot car,vin 100004, another paint issue car,it was slated to be b5 blue ,but was painted white because it was to be used in the parts catalog,which was in black + white, white cars photo the best in black + white,It was then used as a chrysler show circuit car,then ended up in the hands of a chrysler big wig who sold it to the man i bought it from.the car can be seen in the 1970 b body parts catalog + also in the muscle car greats book that was put out by Muscle Cars magazine, a few yrs back.Its on page 33 its a centerfold across 2 pages,it is red now.+ in one of the biggest collections in the U.S., Hey maybe if you call him he will put your car in there too.NOT
I have owned the top models from every make + every type of muscle car from the sixties + seventies,stage 1's,w-30's,hemi's,6-packs,428 cj'converts, + some 60's tuner cars like nickey + motion camaro's, grand spalding dodges, etc. I even just thought of a super rare 1981 yenko turbo camaro,i had it was a white stage 2 car ( 1 of 3 stage 2 cars) The 1st car i ever owned was a 1 of 1 , 6 pack challenger. so to say i don't know rare, is about as wrong as you can get.
Yours is just a turbo regal with a scarce color(,because nobody wanted that on their turbo car,) it doesn't make it some new incredibly rare + valuable vehicle.it's still just a turbo regal ,with an uncommon color.NOT A GNX which has alot of extra value because of its'rarity + a bunch of performance parts ,+ was bought that way out of the showroom.

Your car is very nice + it is what it is,not what you are trying to make it out to be.
BY the way the car i was talking about is in hemmings motor news,it is a 1 OWNER,UNRESTORED,50k ORIGINAL MILE,ORIGINAL PAINT,ROSEWOOD,LIMITED,WITH A WHITE VINYL ROOF+ WHITE SIDE MOLDINGS ,+ MAROON INTERIOR.TWILIGHT SENTINEL,ETC. HE ALSO HAS THE ORIG WINDOW STICKER,+ OTHER DOCS.
A strange side note is he has orig docs. showing the orig dealership,stained the roof a dif color, when new. hard to say what i would do,because both colors could now be considered original,but it still has the orig white side moldings, so i'm thinking i would go back to white when a roof was needed.
for looks + the window sticker says white also.
I think a very odd combo,with the white top + side moldingson a dark rosewood color. maybe 1 of 1?
Ps the price is $16500 not $65000,I'd get their quick before the phantom buyers offer him,$70K or so,or to trade their gnx's for it.

I think that color is called cream ,or cream beige,something to that effect,+ is a very scarce color too.
Too bad it's a salvage car,but i'm glad it WAS salvaged,+ not junked.thats prob also the reason it has such low miles.it is cool when you see the diff colors that arn't often seen,I think out of the colors you don't see often ,this one has the most pizazz,or life to it,remember the rare colors are rare because they were not popular,on these cars,most colors had been out for yrs before + just were not ordered,Think about it if this was 1987 + you were either a dealer or a buyer would you be ordering your new turbo car to tear up the streets in, in sage green or rosewood or cream for that matter.
Blue ,white black,silver would be the most likely choices of what was available
There is also i think 2 diff browns,a light one ,and a dark,also,rosewood, + a dark red or maroon too,all of which are hardly ever seen.Also some weird two tone color combo's,+ those are few + far between too.
Hard to say which is the rarest, because there is no breakdown,that i know of, + really doesn't matter, in your everyday travels unless you live near one,your not likely to see one anyway,for that matter how often do you see a tr on the street,or even a ls1 camaro ss,or 03-04 terminator,unless your at a,street race get together or car show,or something, They are all scarce.
Here is one more thought on the, "Offers deep in the realm of low mile gnx range," lets say today that would be $60k on the low side,remember gnx,low mile is prob 4k to 12k mi.
A REALLY nice, minty grand national,today is about $15 k, is someone really going to pay, 4 times a grand national price, because of the color is not seen often,it's still just a tr.
Another way,to guage value would be,A super nice like new 2006 z06 vette,(Lets say millenium yellow, my fav for 06) is $38 k these days,so is someone going to buy a rare color tr for low mile gnx prices, or the z06, for $38 "AND" a mint grand national for $15k AND still have enough left over for a nice 5.0 mustang, or build a bad a-- motor,or a twin turbo setup for the z06.
Or possibly ,2 mint grand nationals,$($30k) AND a 03 supercharged cobra,($16k)AND a nice turbo regal limited,for ($13k). for the same $60 k
Or for that matter is someone Really going to, not buy the low mile gnx + go buy a t-type for the same price because it has a scarce color?
As they say in Rhode Island= Not for nuthin, but I don't think so.
This coming from a guy who is broke with no money....:rolleyes: You make comments as tho your an expert in the value of these cars yet you have no intention of purchasing one.

You talk about buying an LS1, Vette, Mustang, TT setups....lol. Are you for real? Based on that pile of chit you had for sale id be suprised if you had two pennys to rub together.:rolleyes:

Im not sure there is anyone on this board that is more clueless then you.

Do us all a favor go be an expert on one of the ricer boards. You might actually be able to sell ur BS to them.

Offered and sold are to differnet things. Just saying. :wink:

So... It's only worth that amount when he doesn't want the car anymore? What, you want him to post up the phone #'s for the people waiting in line to buy it if he ever decides to sell it? He could sell it tonight, if he wanted, but guess what... He likes the car and is currently keeping it!

Regardless, to anyones negative post here in this thread... Fact is he has multiple people wanting to buy the car for alot of money when he's ready to sell. Therefore, I'd say the value is what they are offering to pay for it, and that's over $60k!!

K.

I see your point but that doesn't mean it's valid. the market value has not been legitimetely set here. Just some talk, hearsay and opinions until the deal takes place.

Telling people that he has "offers" does NOT set the market value for a car. A transfer of money, title and ownership set the market value for a car.

I see your point but that doesn't mean it's valid. the market value has not been legitimetely set here. Just some talk, hearsay and opinions until the deal takes place.

Telling people that he has "offers" does NOT set the market value for a car. A transfer of money, title and ownership set the market value for a car.

So I have to sell the car to a collector or board member and have the full documentation of the title and money transfer in order for the offers to be legit to YOU guys?? Ok.. nothing like people who have nothing telling you what something someone else has is worth.:rolleyes: All this from people who have never seen the car in person.

A board member stating he would mortage his home in an instant for 60k isn't enough proof that the car will bring that kind of money? Do I have to supply the numbers of the collectors who have made dead serious offers? No that's no gonna work either because there all talk. I don't want to sell the car and prob never will but if that day ever comes I will make sure that the transaction is video taped and fully documented so you guys knew it did take place.

So I have to sell the car to a collector or board member and have the full documentation of the title and money transfer in order for the offers to be legit to YOU guys??

No. But for the car to be worth 60k, yes.

Ok.. nothing like people who have nothing telling you what something someone else has is worth.:rolleyes: All this from people who have never seen the car in person.

You don't know what I have. And i'm assuming the car is 110% so doesn't matter what it looks like

A board member stating he would mortage his home in an instant for 60k isn't enough proof that the car will bring that kind of money?

Absolutely not. I keep telling my wife I would trade her a$$ for 100k to buy a Viper. That doesn't mean the Viper in question is worth 100k?

Do I have to supply the numbers of the collectors who have made dead serious offers? No that's no gonna work either because there all talk. I don't want to sell the car and prob never will but if that day ever comes I will make sure that the transaction is video taped and fully documented so you guys knew it did take place.

Look, I didn't come hear to do a car apraisal. Trust me. I'm definetely not knocking the car either. Just thought it was wierd that someone was saying a Buick T was worth 60k. I really scrolled the post because its sounds like an unbelievable car and I am waiting for the pictures of it. Please post up!!!!

A board member stating he would mortage his home in an instant for 60k isn't enough proof that the car will bring that kind of money? Do I have to supply the numbers of the collectors who have made dead serious offers? No that's no gonna work either because there all talk. I don't want to sell the car and prob never will but if that day ever comes I will make sure that the transaction is video taped and fully documented so you guys knew it did take place.

thats a sign of retardation. if you have to mortgage your home to buy a 60k car you shouldnt be buying that car. you shouldnt mortgage ur home to buy any car!!!

This coming from a guy who is broke with no money....:rolleyes: You make comments as tho your an expert in the value of these cars yet you have no intention of purchasing one.

You talk about buying an LS1, Vette, Mustang, TT setups....lol. Are you for real? Based on that pile of chit you had for sale id be suprised if you had two pennys to rub together.:rolleyes:

Im not sure there is anyone on this board that is more clueless then you.

Do us all a favor go be an expert on one of the ricer boards. You might actually be able to sell ur BS to them.

Again you say i have no money, Why is this? What do you base this on?
I don't get it,is it because i only payed $6200 for the last car i bought?
yes it wasn't the nicest out there but it was a screaming bargain,with all those mods,+ still a pretty nice driver,with a minty interior,+ a tire burning screamer for the price,look at the pics + tell me i shouldn't have bought That car for $6200.+ when i wanted to sell it ,it took 1 day,+ didn't lose a penny,bet you wish you could say that:eek:

I just don't get why you would think i have no money or that i have no intention on buying one.I look for value when i buy a car,so that i don't have to lose my shirt,if i have to sell it or don't like it.
I just bought one of the nicest ,camaro's you'll ever see,+ I bought it right.
I intend on doing the same with a turbo regal.If i decided to sell the ss,tomorrow,I will have no problem + not lose a dime.
Also the ricer thing baffles me,i owned a subaru brat maybe,30 yrs ago,but thats pretty much it for the japanese stuff, had a couple japanese bikes tho.
but ricer.NO

So let's ask brett who always seems to have an opinion on the value of everybody's car for sale here.
Tell us what you think about the value of this car being that of a low mile gnx.He dragged you into this thread,so you have the right to express your opinion.Lets get your 2 cents since you usually give your opinion so freely,on the value of people's cars.I'd be very interested to hear your opinion.
You are suposedly interested in buying another one,want to offer him $60k.
Anybody want to offer $60 k. How about $40k anybody. $30k, thats what yours sold for brett,do you think it's worth as much as yours,I would bet most don't, including you,yours was a ultra low mile(In the teens I believe),super mint,possibly orig paint car, with insane amounts of brand new parts,+ labor,+ dyno etc. I along with prob 99 % of the board would take yours in a minute,for the same price,or more.
Anybody want to trade their low mile gnx for it?How about an extra high mileage one,how about ANY gnx. Any offers.
All kidding aside brett lets hear your,opinion.

I along with prob 99 % of the board would take yours in a minute,for the same price,or more.
Anybody want to trade their low mile gnx for it?How about an extra high mileage one,how about ANY gnx. Any offers.

You're absolutely right about the 99%, but we're not talking about them. They all own black GN's, all just like the one next to it. We're talking about the other 1%, and most of them already have a GNX... They're the collectors and enthusiast that know what these "G-bodies" are about and understand their potential in the market. Now they want to add some color to their Buick G-body stable...

K.

So I have to sell the car to a collector or board member and have the full documentation of the title and money transfer in order for the offers to be legit to YOU guys?? Ok.. nothing like people who have nothing telling you what something someone else has is worth.:rolleyes: All this from people who have never seen the car in person.
Don't have to see it to say it's not worth $60k, Unless it's dipped in gold,it's a 87 turbo regal + Not worth that.

A board member stating he would mortage his home in an instant for 60k isn't enough proof that the car will bring that kind of money?
Be real!! NO that is not enough proof
Do you know how many times people have said,I'd give my
right arm ,or my left n-- for one of my cars,Well no one has broke out the scalpal yet,+ don't think they ever will.
That sounds like something someone,MIGHT have said in passing,sometime at a car show or something,do you even know if the guy owned a home or if he had any equity in it, or if he could get a loan.. Did he actually say i will give you $60K or just some dreamer all excited at a car show saying,oh man i would mortgage my house for that car?
Aaaany way, i didn't expect this thread to get this bad ,just saw a way out of wack,statement about the value of a car + commented on it.
Sorry to cause such a fuss, + i do still like the car.
Anybody call on the one i mentioned earlier it does look nice,+ has a lot going for it.I'd be a buyer at a few k less.

Again you say i have no money, Why is this? What do you base this on?
I don't get it,is it because i only payed $6200 for the last car i bought?
yes it wasn't the nicest out there but it was a screaming bargain,with all those mods,+ still a pretty nice driver,with a minty interior,+ a tire burning screamer for the price,look at the pics + tell me i shouldn't have bought That car for $6200.+ when i wanted to sell it ,it took 1 day,+ didn't lose a penny,bet you wish you could say that:eek:

I just don't get why you would think i have no money or that i have no intention on buying one.I look for value when i buy a car,so that i don't have to lose my shirt,if i have to sell it or don't like it.
I just bought one of the nicest ,camaro's you'll ever see,+ I bought it right.
I intend on doing the same with a turbo regal.If i decided to sell the ss,tomorrow,I will have no problem + not lose a dime.
Also the ricer thing baffles me,i owned a subaru brat maybe,30 yrs ago,but thats pretty much it for the japanese stuff, had a couple japanese bikes tho.
but ricer.NO

So let's ask brett who always seems to have an opinion on the value of everybody's car for sale here.
Tell us what you think about the value of this car being that of a low mile gnx.He dragged you into this thread,so you have the right to express your opinion.Lets get your 2 cents since you usually give your opinion so freely,on the value of people's cars.I'd be very interested to hear your opinion.
You are suposedly interested in buying another one,want to offer him $60k.
Anybody want to offer $60 k. How about $40k anybody. $30k, thats what yours sold for brett,do you think it's worth as much as yours,I would bet most don't, including you,yours was a ultra low mile(In the teens I believe),super mint,possibly orig paint car, with insane amounts of brand new parts,+ labor,+ dyno etc. I along with prob 99 % of the board would take yours in a minute,for the same price,or more.
All kidding aside brett lets hear your,opinion.

CAN YOU READ??? I would buy this car for 60k if he will sell it for that!!!!! I have seen this car in person and watched it dominate and win the shows I was at. frankly im tired of getting beat by it. i have an equity line offer that's been begging for me to make the call on and take. ive been waiting for the right car to come up for sale this would fit what i want perfectly!! If it was for sale!

You don't have the money it takes to buy a car like this that's pretty apparent so you run around screaming how no tr is worth that much blah blah..

You're absolutely right about the 99%, but we're not talking about them. They all own black GN's, all just like the one next to it. We're talking about the other 1%, and most of them already have a GNX... They're the collectors and enthusiast that know what these "G-bodies" are about and understand their potential in the market. Now they want to add some color to their Buick G-body stable...

K.

I Beg to differ,A gnx owner,is a person who has most likely made the right moves in life,financially,to be able to afford a gnx,+ is most likely not going to make the mistake of paying gnx prices for a t-type,precisely for the reason you stated,many gnx owners are collectors,+ enthusiasts,+ know what the g bodies are about,+ that would prevent them from making such a mistake.

CAN YOU READ??? I would buy this car for 60k if he will sell it for that!!!!! I have seen this car in person and watched it dominate and win the shows I was at. frankly im tired of getting beat by it. i have an equity line offer that's been begging for me to make the call on and take. ive been waiting for the right car to come up for sale this would fit what i want perfectly!! If it was for sale!

You don't have the money it takes to buy a car like this that's pretty apparent so you run around screaming how no tr is worth that much blah blah..

No tr is worth that much.
Sorry didn't see this post before.
First thing is, you say I can't afford the car,but YOU are the one who would need to go into debt to buy it.$60k in debt:eek:

SURE you would,buy it,If Only it were for sale,:rolleyes:+ what a great financial move that would be too,what are home equity loans charging for interest now, So not only would you over pay by somewhere in the neighborhood of about 35 - 40k.but you would take out a loan to do it. + suck equity out of your house in a housing market that is sinking by the day with much more downward momentum to come.Does your wife know about this brilliant plan of yours, great strategic move.Man i want you around when i sell my next car.
I heard today that we are in the 53rd month of home value contraction,+ we are only down,about 26%, from the top,but the boom raised prices,around 80%. If you are dumb enough to do that ,then you deserve,what ever consequences,it brings you.This is the exact reason, so many people lost their houses,(I know!! that could never happen to you,Right!!)what if you lost your job a week later, what would you do,put the car back up for sale? What do you think you would get for it,Do you think there is someone else dumb enough to pay you that for it.
But ,im sure this whole thing is bull,because i don't believe for a second,you are a real buyer,because if you were there is no way the seller would turn down that offer. He'd have to be as dumb,to turn it down as you would be to pay it.
I Call bull----
Nice try guys.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.