S55 AMG

gn1220

Did anybody see this on TV today? 493 hp, 12.4 @ 117 MPH :eek: 4 doors, full leather, etc, etc, etc. I'm going to order mine monday! :D

Well, the monday after I win the lottery and can afford $107,000 for a car. :cool:

I saw that this morning that thing is pretty cool!:D I thought they said the price was something like $74,000? I like what they said about almost Viper performance but with 4 doors, leather,and all the creature comfort's.

That car was incredibly cool! They said it was faster than an M5. I think I'd take either one and be pretty happy. That thing layed rubber like crazy!

$ 74 K just barely buys you a M5 with maybe enough left over to pay the tax and liscense it for the first year.

Assuming that you were watching Car and Driver it was a AMG E55 not a S55. Also the price of 74,000 was an estimate as it is not on sale yet

Black Sabbath

Thanks for clearing that up. After looking at the web site I thought I was correct. I was not.:)

That's the problem with cars using letters and numbers instead of actual car names. I can't tell one Merc from another, by name.

There is a guy on the corvetteforum who has one(among many other hi-po cars).His first run out netted a 12.4@116.After some practice launching---he got it down to 11.99@117---just like it came right off the showroom floor:eek: :eek:

Geoff

Originally posted by ghall
His first run out netted a 12.4@116.After some practice launching---he got it down to 11.99@117---just like it came right off the showroom floor:eek: :eek:

Geoff

I think it might be time for a trade in. My E class runs good, just not that good. I'm glad Mercedes doesn't overpromise and underdeliver on the horsepower ratings. Don't know about the 18" rims, it looks like they borrowed some rims from a bmw. I wonder if my 19" carlssons will fit? ;)

The owner of my previous company had one and during one discussion about cars he asked me if I wanted to drive it. I didn't accept his offer, because I didn't want to return the offer.:eek:

Just about any model MB in the US can be seen around here. Thre are lots of people trying to make a point with fancy cars here.

The new E55 and SL55 are awsome machines but what I'd really like to see is them use that new 5.5L twin turbo V12 from the SL600(similar hp around 500 but 590tq plus its a turbo :D )in a more performance oriented manor.They did put together a prototype CL65 AMG with the twin turbo V12 tweaked slightly and got 604hp and 738tq :eek:

Steve

Originally posted by TTA850
The new E55 and SL55 are awsome machines but what I'd really like to see is them use that new 5.5L twin turbo V12 from the SL600(similar hp around 500 but 590tq plus its a turbo :D )in a more performance oriented manor.They did put together a prototype CL65 AMG with the twin turbo V12 tweaked slightly and got 604hp and 738tq :eek:

Steve

Those are big numbers you quoted------but the guy above that i was talking about in my earlier post had the car to the dyno.If i remember the numbers correctly(i am very close)----went something like 493 hp and 560 lbs of torque at the wheels--bone stock----figure those numbers up at the flywheel:eek: :eek:

Geoff