How much do you think it's worth?

383LT1

My dad has a 1996 Pontiac Bonneville SE (black exterior/black leather interior). It's a custom order and it has the minimum options (just SLE option pkg.) to get the supercharged L67 motor; hence it's the lightest Bonneville (3550 lbs. w/o driver but full tank of fuel). This plus exhaust and intake configuration that's freer flowing than a Grand Prix GTP or Regal GS, adds to mid-14 e.t.s at 94+ mph (see High Performance Pontiac 10/97 for an article on this particular car).

There were only 3 years when one could get the supercharged SSEi motor on the base SE model.

1995: 225 hp Series I with Eaton M62 (only saw 1 on the road)
1996: 240 hp Series II with Eaton M90 (other than ours, I saw one advertised by a local dealer)
1997: 240 hp Series II with Eaton M90

Hence these cars are RARE as heck but my dad's car is worth only $5k blue book due I think to lack of knowledge that such cars exist. Even when our Bonneville came into the dealer, salespeople were scratching their heads. I wouldn't be surprised if there are less than 300 1996/1997 Bonneville SEs with the L67 S/C motor. If the car is kept in tip top shape is there hope that I could find a buyer out there willing to pay a lot more than blue book many years down the road?

Anybody have similar stories of cool options that were snuck in by the factory unbeknownst to enthusiasts and later benefitted?

It sounds like a rare car indeed. But the problem is that its not a collectable car, meaning you probably won't get any more money out of it than a normal Bonne.