Roller Cam recommendations - Need to get this done fast

Pablo

I realize I can probably find the information I need if I spend some time searching the archives but I have a dilemma. Engine is out to fix some issues and I need everything done and back in the car in about 2 weeks because I am moving to Europe for the next three years and the move out date is the end of October. I would like to take the car with me but it is coming down to the wire. The car needs to be drivable to ship it. So I am out in the garage working non stop.

So if anyone could help me out and give me the quick and dirty on swapping in a roller cam that would be very helpful. Any cam recommendations/vendors would also be appreciated. Looks like the flat tappet 212/212 in the engine is not wearing the lifters well.

The combo is a girdled 109, heads are ported irons 190ish cfm. .030 forged trws. PTC converter, RMVB Th400. TE45A turbo (looking to upgrade), powerstroke IC. GenII translator, LS1 maf, alky, and it has a 125 shot for spooling but I may not be using that anymore.

Thanks for any help.
Pablo

I would think anything in the 212, 218 range would be great. Comp has a 212-212 and a 218-212. Full throttle sells some good grinds in that area, I personally haven't tried them.

Call Jack Cotton at Cotton's Performance in Mass at 413-789-0531. Mid morning is best for Jack. He stocks Comp Cams and can advise you on all the stuff you will need.
Conrad

the cam I'd use would depend on the mph intended and how well the converter will couple. If you have iron heads you won't need more than 212* duration on the ex. Smaller is better 9 times out of 10.