Rob's Frame off Restoration Repaint

BEAUTIFUL,GREAT WORK! THAT MAKES 2 OF US THAT REPAIRED THE WAVES IN THE CENTER OF THE REAR BUMPER!!

Car is done and delivers tomorrow.
IMAG0805.jpg
IMAG0806.jpg
IMAG0807.jpg
IMAG0811.jpg
IMAG0812.jpg
IMAG0819_BURST002.jpg
IMAG0820_BURST002.jpg
IMAG0822.jpg
IMAG0825.jpg

Next slot is sold to a 69 RS Camaro that comes in Oct 1st...going to take a break and get some stuff done for myself before its comes in.:D

Thanks Bryan. I think it turned out pretty nice...but then again I'm never 100% happy with anything i paint...i have issues..lol
LOL.
Im the same way. My paint came out pretty nice, there are some things that I see that need to be fixed but Im picky. The A HOLE that disassembled my car and put my car back together needs an ass whooping. Broke both tailight bezels, chipped the header panel after the paint, destroyed my fillers, wasted a new high torque starter trying to start the car with the rear bumper off ( no ground to fuel pump). installed both bumpers on top of my brand new OEM style fillers, didnt reconnect the alarm switches in the doors, left the window stops out of the doors( never did find them) window fell inside the car in NC, lost the bezel for my power antenna which is still inside the fender, dinged up the trunk trim... no screws even holding it on now, didnt paint ANY of the trim, RIPPED out the headliner trying to figure out how to remove the aftermarket moonroof seal...all he needed to do was open the fucker !! I could go on...

Nice to see someone that gives a damn about someone elses property !!!!!!!!

Bryan

LOL.
Im the same way. My paint came out pretty nice, there are some things that I see that need to be fixed but Im picky. The A HOLE that disassembled my car and put my car back together needs an ass whooping. Broke both tailight bezels, chipped the header panel after the paint, destroyed my fillers, wasted a new high torque starter trying to start the car with the rear bumper off ( no ground to fuel pump). installed both bumpers on top of my brand new OEM style fillers, didnt reconnect the alarm switches in the doors, left the window stops out of the doors( never did find them) window fell inside the car in NC, lost the bezel for my power antenna which is still inside the fender, dinged up the trunk trim... no screws even holding it on now, didnt paint ANY of the trim, RIPPED out the headliner trying to figure out how to remove the aftermarket moonroof seal...all he needed to do was open the fucker !! I could go on...

Nice to see someone that gives a damn about someone elses property !!!!!!!!

Bryan
Wow. I just looked at yours getting painted from last year. Looks nice from the pictures. I do feel your pain. I guess that's why i get so much work here on the fourm, I know these cars from top to bottom and i do what needs to be done. I'm not the best out there and never claimed to be..but i take pride in what i do and try to do a good job at a good price. To many people want a 10k paint job of 2k and it's just not possible. I spend 200 plus man hours on most jobs and close to $1500.00 plus on supplies on most jobs...and that don't cover the heat and electric not to metion all the tools and stuff needed to do a job the correct way. Sure you can use Omni crap and get it done cheaper, but in the long run it will show it's true colors down the line. My base price is $8500 for a strip and paint and after it's all said and done I'm lucky to clear $20 an hour. But i love doing the Buick's and i will do them as long as they come along. It's going to be nice to do something a bit different here next month. Take care and good luck with yours.

Congratulatinos on a job well done! Outstanding prep work....that car never left GM with gaps that clean. Stuff like that makes the difference between a good bodyman and a great one!

$8500.00 for that kind of work is an awesome price !!!!!!

Keep it up

Bryan

Here is why i hate the TPO fillers See the Vains ever where?.....Rob bought them from Tamraz on ebay and they were bad molds and i had to block them out in order to get them to look good enough to install...6 hours later they looked good. They did not come from Brian at Gbody parts. He trashed like 70 sets that were bad. Something that i will never get paid for and will never recommend to any of my customers unless they come from Gbody parts.
IMAG0672.jpg
IMAG0673.jpg
IMAG0758_BURST002.jpg

$8500.00 for that kind of work is an awesome price !!!!!!

Keep it up

Bryan
I hate to tell you that this one was 1/2 that price because it was a sand and paint, but took a ton more time then i expected. I have close to 125 hours into it.

I hate to tell you that this one was 1/2 that price because it was a sand and paint, but took a ton more time then i expected. I have close to 125 hours into it.
I undertsand , but for a complete strip and paint with your quality, $8500.00 is a great price.

Bryan

Do you have any finished pictures of your car...i would like to see it
No, SADLY my car and trailer was left at Richard Clarks. Another engine rebuild is needed...:mad:
Another year of NOT driving my car. So my brand new paint job is sitting outside !!! Yes Im a little pissed....

Bryan