RobbMc PowerSurge

AN/GSC-52

Currently at 130 mph @ 3750 lb @ 20 psi.

I have an in tank Walbro 255lph pump with hot wire kit, and 60 lb injectors. Single nozzle Alky kit. All stock lines.

I have upgraded the engine and trans. My fuel system is probably my weakest link. I have done numerous data logs and fuel is currently adequate but I would like a larger margin for error. Especially with plans to turn up the boost.

I've been looking at all options and feel this PowerSurge system is the best solution.
http://www.robbmcperformance.com/products/powersurge.html

The 500 hp PowerSurge has one Walbro 255lph pump. The 1000 hp version has two pumps.

It takes about 40 seconds to drain the PowerSurge 500 tank of fuel with an engine producing 500 hp. It takes about 15 seconds to drain the PowerSurge 1000 tank of fuel with an engine producing 1000 hp. (it is less than half because the second pump means that the tank holds less fuel). And this does not include the fuel that is being added to the surge tank by the stock pump. So in reality, it would take even longer to drain the surge tank but us engineers like safety factors so lets just call it 40 seconds and 15 seconds.

I like the concept of redundancy, while avoiding complexity.

Has anyone tried this product and care to share?

I have a PowerSurge but it is not on my Buick. I have one on my 71 Roadrunner with EFI. I used the PowerSurge 500 with the RR since it has an N/A 383 with Holley HP EFI and I use a basic carb style fuel system to feed the unit. It s good product and I like it but why not just go with a intank double pumper in you Buick? Many have gone well into the 9's with a double pumper and stock lines.