RJC Megacooler 315-XTF

I ran the original 325 with a TE-44 and no problems, no turbo lag that I could detect, also worked great with the old school TE-62 and the current 6262.

Chuck

Coach it's a great choice. I run that intercooler in my car and love it. I had Precisions inetrcooler in it before when I was running high 9's and my inlet temps were in the high 190's on C16 and 30 pounds of boost. On alky it was fine. I got the RJC 315, and right off the bat I see the quality of this unit matches the fit and finish to everything I do with the car, so before it was installed, i was happy. It does weigh a good amount over the Precision unit it replaced, but was one of the easiest installs I have ever done with a intercooler. Data logging some runs my inlet temps have dropped substantially. It doesn't just look good, it works. Here is a data log I took last year after hot lapping the car at the track, usually my temps are 10 degrees cooler on average. The car was trapping 150mph that day.

the IC-325 really worked well. the core did an excellent job of reducing charge air temps and not having any pressure drop. the only issue was the core does restrict some of the air going to the other heat exchangers behind it. so in some instances you would have to upgrade the fans. other than that the intercooler was the industry standard that most were compared to and even tried to copy.

this leads us to the IC-315XTF. we searched and searched for a core that matched the performance but allowed much more air across it and recovered a little faster. with performance it is very close. slightly higher MAT temps but very very close. but if you make two back to back runs the 315 has lower temps than the 325 on the second pass because of its quick recovery. so really it is a wash. both have minimal almost not measureable pressure loss.

It adding lag or adding to surging is just a myth. there is no increase in these. considering it is $100 cheaper than a stock location and you get more than twice the cooling capacity and area it is really a good choice for even mildly modified cars.

you can paint them black for that stealth look and there is no change in performance.

hope this helps

mikes car is probably the fastest car with a 315 so it is a great test. most cars of this caliber use the 475. thanks for the input mike!

My mistake gents. I have the IC-325 in my car with a 4 core Griffin rad, retaining the stock fan (No AC) Car runs no hotter then 185 on the hottest days in grid lock traffic. Jason, thank you for such a awesome intercooler. I'm quite sure this is the last time I will need to upgrade this cooler. Definitely going to take me deep into the 8's with no problems.

With my car being 95% street driven...I went with the 315 over the 325 because of the core design and shape.

I just sold my PTE front mount and got the 315 Funny I weighed both of them and the PTE was 6lbs lighter. Lol But the 315 is a bigger and better unit :D

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Coach it's a great choice. I run that intercooler in my car and love it. I had Precisions inetrcooler in it before when I was running high 9's and my inlet temps were in the high 190's on C16 and 30 pounds of boost. On alky it was fine. I got the RJC 315, and right off the bat I see the quality of this unit matches the fit and finish to everything I do with the car, so before it was installed, i was happy. It does weigh a good amount over the Precision unit it replaced, but was one of the easiest installs I have ever done with a intercooler. Data logging some runs my inlet temps have dropped substantially. It doesn't just look good, it works. Here is a data log I took last year after hot lapping the car at the track, usually my temps are 10 degrees cooler on average. The car was trapping 150mph that day.

Do you think it made a different even when you were running alky? I have new stroker motor on alky and am still running an old ATR front mount, so I am ready to upgrade but have been told to get the precision stock location as I don't need the front mount with alky? Is this true. I have alradco radiator with dual extreme fans so heat is of no concern. I just figured stock location would offer me faster spool and if i don't need front mount with alky why get one? Thoughts?

Do you think it made a different even when you were running alky? I have new stroker motor on alky and am still running an old ATR front mount, so I am ready to upgrade but have been told to get the precision stock location as I don't need the front mount with alky? Is this true. I have alradco radiator with dual extreme fans so heat is of no concern. I just figured stock location would offer me faster spool and if i don't need front mount with alky why get one? Thoughts?

With alky, not so much. Inlet temps are in the 68 range with the RJC, and 80 with my old front mount intercooler. At the track, I don't use alky, just straight C16. If you tune it right, Razor eliminated his intercooler and runs mid 8's at 160+ mph. For me, a front mount just makes more sense. Don't worry about spooling, a front mount won't change that. I like the space it free's up, don't like the idea of it being beside the motor for heat soak reasons driving on the streets, and cosmetically it looks the way it performs. IMO, anything RJC has in this area is a huge improvement over what you have.

Do you just swap chips and unhook the alky? I kind of like the idea of using c16 instead.

Fyi if youre running extreme fan kit you cant run aftermarket slic. I was running extreme fans w fact ic and it was close. Less than 1/8". So it looks like you have to go to fmic

I just got my extreme fan setup and new radiator from Peter @ ALRADCO. My XTF 315 intercooler and Executive series pulleys from RJC.. should be here by weeks end.. Cant wait to get these parts on and see how she runs!... Gonna let TurboRick do his magic!.. Cant wait to see how all this looks, Going to be a great summer!

I have been simply thrilled with the pump gas power my car has picked up going from a pure stock intercooler to a 325 core .....unbelievable

On run anywhere from 20/22 lbs on Sunoco 93 for yrs depending on weather temp. My 1st tuner was really impressed with my IAT temps . Never seen an inter cooler as good .

Just bought the 315XTF and seems i've fallen under the influence of painting it Eastwood heat disapating black. Will post pics when i get to figure out how to lol.