RJC Megacooler 315-XTF

C

coach

Hey Guys,
I'm going to be going front mount on my new stroker and have looked at most of the vendors intercoolers. I drive my car...a lot! I'm really giving a lot of thought to this RJC 315-XTF. says it flows well and doesnt raise engine temp. Im going to be in the HP range it says it's good for.
Who's running one...let's hear...

those are too new for feedback....just buy one and let us know;):D..... if Jason's putting his name on it - its gotta be good, right???:cool:

aaron

I've looked at TR's Super Extreme too. The price is right, but I'm more worried about running temp on hot days. A few hundred bucks is nothing when your overheated on July 4th weekend...right?

Coach, if you're worried about temps, you need to go to the Alradco section and read the results that were posted today from our dual fan kit.

I'm prepared to get your rad and fans. Problem is funds. I'm doing a very high dollar stroker engine and F.A.S.T conversion this winter. So far for every item I add to this combo...there is something else I didn't plan on buying. Im
just doing homework to see if a rad and fan swap is def necessary. The 315 sounds like it will work great with the stock items.
Send me a PM with a price for fans and a rad with both oil and trans coolers please. I need to add it to my list of future items I want to add down the road.

Thanks

Our friend Ryan "Flyin Ryan" installed this new IC on his car a couple weeks back and he raved about the changes the temps made when he was street driving his car especially. Pretty much everyone in our Utah group has the 325 IC and His big selling point to us was pulling up a long grade from Salt Lake City to Tooele, the temps in his car were at least 20* cooler than with the 325. I'll definitely be upgrading to this when I build up my Silver TType! I'll see if I can get Jason to post some specs.

i just ordered a RJC 315-XTF, along with some other items. i will let you know how it goes since it almost always stays "warm" in Florida.

Yes they are working great. We are super happy with the results in testing we have done. We are still doing charge air temp tests. It is harder than it seems because so many variables contribute to the charge air temp.
We have the IC-325 on sale right now for $795 and We have a couple take off IC-325s that still look new. We could let those go for $675. The 325 is still the best intercooler for reduction in efficency for low charge air temps no pressure drop and best performance out there.

Well here is an update i know is been a while, but the RJC 315-XTF front mount is working great. Its been hot as balls here in Florida and i have not seen my car get over 175 in traffic. i have a F-body rad with a 160 thermostat and a intrepid dual fan set up that also works great. i also have a working a/c still in the car. i have not had any heating issues this summer and i drive the car alot in the heat and traffic.

Another vote for the 315-XTF. I recently put one on my car, about a month ago. Last week the temps here in Utah were 100+, no issues idling or in stop and go traffic with stock thermostat and dual electric fans. As always, Jason makes a great product.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 782
I got the original street version RJC Megacooler and it works great, the 315 sounds even better if that's possible... all of Jason's products are top notch and just WORK.

Chuck

I'm hoping it works better than my old Cartech :)
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1373122001.792425.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I am very satisfied with the regular 325, it fit perfect and is good value in my opinion.

Seems like the ideal i/c especially for a non alky street car .. can any of you shed some light on how it would perform with a .63 precision te44 .. any down sides such as turbo surge or lag?

Seems like the ideal i/c especially for a non alky street car .. can any of you shed some light on how it would perform with a .63 precision te44 .. any down sides such as turbo surge or lag?
It's a 9 sec intercooler. A 44 is a mid 11 sec turbo. It's a lot of cooler to fill with a small turbo, but it would prob work. A stock location stretch cooler would fit your combo better, but it's your choice.
Thanks

It's a 9 sec intercooler. A 44 is a mid 11 sec turbo. It's a lot of cooler to fill with a small turbo, but it would prob work. A stock location stretch cooler would fit your combo better, but it's your choice.
Thanks
Understood but even if it allowed for a 1 more psi thats 15 (+/-) free hp over a slic no? If surge or lag was an issue i guess it would be a wash..
Don't mind me its winter and my car has been down for the past 9 years, just fantasizing lol

One of the Best pieces I ever bolted to my car but I have a 70 turbo that can feed it . I also have Alradco radiator that works great with this 315 IC also . Buy it with confidence

I also have one. I happen to think its the best intercooler out there. I have NO over heating issues. In fact I think my motor may run to cool. Also I live in SC. It does get warm here