Riviera Performance Expectations

10 SEC BUICK

Hello All, I've been considering purchasing a 3800 supercharged car. And was wondering why I neaver see any Riviera's at the Buick event's. Are they slower than the regals and pontiacs? If soo why, is it heavier or a different engine? Thanks in advance, Jon.

Same engine, quite a bit heavier (they are boats, lol). Plus, they are much less common than Regals, so less guys racing them.

GL with the purchase!

There's a guy around here that has one running a high 14. He's made the usual first mods for sc 3800. I think he's happy with his results. I believe the Rivs weigh about 3800lbs or so. Maybe they got heavier as the model continued.

Rivs are quite abit heaver. There is just alot of things that himper them and bonnes. There is alot more himping in the pcm. Dhp can help but there is only so much they can do with. Thats one reason the Intense bonnie is still running low 10's and not 9's Its easier to find parts for regals. Gtp are even easier.

they are heavy, like the monte carlos. intense hit 10's with thier bonny but zzp hit 9's with a gtp. under the hood its all the same. if you want a buildup pm me, i have been working with l67 engines for a few years now. my gtp was in the low 12's.

I'ld love an SSEi. I've test driven a few. Quite a difference in performance for each. All were the 2000 on style. I took a 01 with 92k for a drive and it screamed. Took a 03 with 32k miles on it and it was doggy. They were very comfortable though. Looked at several others but can't get the $$ up at this time :(

flyboy367 said:
they are heavy, like the monte carlos. intense hit 10's with thier bonny but zzp hit 9's with a gtp. under the hood its all the same. if you want a buildup pm me, i have been working with l67 engines for a few years now. my gtp was in the low 12's.
Under the hood it's not all the same in your example. ZZP's 9-second car is turbo + M90. Intense's Bonnie is MP112.

Thanks for the reply's guys. Does anyone know what a stock Riv will run in the quarter as well as a stock GS. Thanks in advance, Jon.

Stock GS will run low-15's/high-14's, depending on the driver. Not sure about Riv's, but I would guess mid-to-high 15's.