Ring & Pinion Gears

AKTURBOTA

After the no oil pressure debacle that turned out to be a poorly machined front cover. We drilled the oil supply channels to actually work as intended and got the car started and running. I took the car for a ride and there was a lot of vibration and noise coming from the rear differential. It turns out that the ring and pinion was severely galled, and needed replacement.

The cheapest vendor turned out to be 9-Bolt.com from Australia. $445 including shipping for the gear set and bearing kit. This will get me back on the road. Ultimately, I believe I need a more durable differential to take the power of the new motor combination...mo money...mo money...that seems to be the mantra!

I'd put that $$$ towards a better rear end with the power you car should make :cool:

I'd put that $$$ towards a better rear end with the power you car should make :cool:

If I had my 'druthers I would get a better rear end, but it needs to wait...my wife would blow a blood vessel if I went with that option right now, so to keep a marital bliss from going into the toilet...the upgrade to a better rear end needs to be postponed for now:frown:

I ran the total $'s spent for the engine build...it makes me sick...what a money pit this TTA has become....all in quest of making it quicker. In reality there are much worse vices I could be involved with;)

re: rear end parts

i have the parts that go inside a TT/A rear end for sale (pinion ring and differential) if interested. It is used but in working condition. $100.00 plus shipping. email me for pics at dsmith4994@aol.com