Fuel Regular O-ring

mr84ss

Hey guys. I had to remove my fpr to change my coolant sensor. Idk why the fuel line is ran right in front of the coolant sensor. Ok i replace the sensor and replace the fpr. I turned the key on snd its leaking. I took it back off and the red oring from the fpr look ok but Im gonna replace it with a black felpro fuel injection o-ring i just got from oreilys. I was reading that its actually 2 o-rings on there. I went back out to check and dont see another one. Is it two orings or just one? If its two where does the other o-ring go?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

the line out of the FPR has a small o-ring
and you shouldnt have had to remove or move the return fuel line ..it shouldnt have ben situated there in the first place ..GM didnt put it in the way , someone else did

the line out of the FPR has a small o-ring
and you shouldnt have had to remove or move the return fuel line ..it shouldnt have ben situated there in the first place ..GM didnt put it in the way , someone else did
Yea i figured somebody put the line there. Smh.
The fpr was leaking from the rail. So i hope the new black oring stop the leak

when you play with the FPR you cant ust pop it out and pop it back because the ethanol swells up the oring ,,it almost always tears trying , if o[ring is left off for a while it will dry out and return to normal but you really need to pop on a fresh one with some lube
as for the line in way you could have just broke loose loose the nut on the FPR outlet and pushed the steel line it out of the way of the sensor and then retighten the nut

Yea i tried that but it was slap dab in front of it. Couldnt even get the plug off the sensor. I'll coat the new oring with some vaseloline tomorrow and cross my fingers

Motor oil is better for a rubber O ring than Vasoline. Just ask Earl :)

Rick is right...Call Earl.
Earl has added KY His & Hers, to his website. So, I'd guess he's moving to more "hi tech" products. Vaseline may not be the "in" product, it once was.:smuggrin:

Rick is right...Call Earl.
Earl has added KY His & Hers, to his website. So, I'd guess he's moving to more "hi tech" products. Vaseline may not be the "in" product, it once was.:smuggrin:

The general rule with lubes on cars is to stick with the ones designed for buttsecks. Those are oil based.

https://www.amazon.com/Astroglide-L...00014ULSQ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Vag lube is water based and might cause problems down the road.

Like rust around the O-rings (or children).

That being said, I use spit on my O-rings. If if works on my lady friends balloon knots, I'll certainly lube up an O-ring with no problem.

You can never have too much information! ESP if if keeps you from listening to some chick with a UTI or a blown out O-ring!

...or a blown out O-ring on the car.