Reynolds

I'm planning on coming to the event, but I know I couldn't compete in the TAI class as the car is just too slow. However, if you guys happen to be one car short or something from being able to run this as a class, I'll take one for the team and enter so you guys can run. As long as the class entry isn't over like $50.00 anyway. I don't mind being a first round casualty if it means you guys getting to run or not.

I'll be in the Rough brown T Type, so just find me if you need me there.

I'm planning on coming to the event, but I know I couldn't compete in the TAI class as the car is just too slow. However, if you guys happen to be one car short or something from being able to run this as a class, I'll take one for the team and enter so you guys can run. As long as the class entry isn't over like $50.00 anyway. I don't mind being a first round casualty if it means you guys getting to run or not.

I'll be in the Rough brown T Type, so just find me if you need me there.

Benji.. come on down.. the waters fine :D

the more the merrier. No cost cept the tech card.. how can you lose ;)

Qualifying...

I am definitely coming as well...I agree with Julio, the more the better, if I am reading everything right....we will qualify on Friday (with TSM and TSO) and Saturday morning, but the mandatory fill up will be determined by the group and it will happen sometime Saturday am..... will Friday qualifying count for anything or just be test and tune and we only count what happens on Saturday? Either way the Saturday fill up will make things a lot easier for me as well...

Thanks for pulling this together Julio and I'll see you guys next week...

John

I guess Friday will be an honor system day. Meaning whatever you run on Friday for 1st and 2nd round is fine. Then Saturday we all fill up.. and you can elect to run or not the last qualifying round.

As with BG, if we can get at least an 8 car field, then its a non-issue. The issue would be if the racers pull together and decide whether everyone who enters runs or just the top 8. I only mention this becuase if you have 11 cars for example.. it makes a mess with by-runs and such. Where 8 is very straight forward.

At BG the racers voted to let everyone run in the class. Thats fine.. Just doing what the majority wants. This decision will be handled Sat AM.

Theoretically you dont have to run on Friday if you dont want.. make a qualifying run on Sat and be in the program. But you better be certain your tuneup is in par for the weather conditions at Reynolds.

If the forecast says rain all day Saturday.. we're running this class on Friday. I'm not hosing this like what happened at BG with the delays from the car shows and other classes.

I will be there on Fri. I am not up with all requirements of this class and I have slicks on the car. Do I need street tires? I will give JD a call. ED.

I will be there on Fri. I am not up with all requirements of this class and I have slicks on the car. Do I need street tires? I will give JD a call. ED.

NO don't need street tires but we do have to drive a Gas station on Sat. to put 10 gallons of gas in!!!
You can drive on slicks to get gas just put alittle more AIR in them!!!

talk to you soon JD

Typically the intent of the class is radials. But its up to the racers on gameday to make that decision.

Hi of 70 and low of 41.. that there be some turbo weather.. get ready for some personal bests.. and records to fall...

Everyone ready.. I am and counting it down.. :D

I'm having to thrash (again) but I'm trying. Ran into a few technical difficulties with the car. Knew it needed an axle bearing, so we took it apart Friday to find it also had a bad pinion seal, Ring gear had 2 teeth gone :eek:

Also needed ball joints, control arm bushings, tranny mount and tail shaft bushing. And found a leaky valve cover gasket. Gotta love it, but I hope to have all that stuff done tomorrow. If so, gonna try to get the Wide band o2 put on and the boost hooked to the Power Logger before I make it down.

Looking forward to hanging out, meeting some of you guys, and having a great time. :D

Track appears to be open at 12:00 on Friday. TAI participants want to meet up at the track at 9:30. Leave at 9:45 and be at the pumps at 10:00. Be back at the track by 11:00 and be ready to rumble when they open it up. Giving you 1 hour to check in, tech, etc.

We have a small dilema, unless there is an objection. The track is open from 12-5 on Friday. Then re-opens at 7 PM for local TNT until ???

The question is do we run qualifying on Friday and Finals on Saturday or run a couple rounds qualifying and run through some/all eliminations on Friday.

Guess the car count has to do with that. The other issue brought to my attention, if the event goes overnight how can we be certain gasoline has not been tampered with. I can get seals for the fuel necks, but that means driving around on Friday night may be an issue.

Maybe do round 1 qual at 1 PM, 2 nd round 2 pm. then start eliminations at 3PM and we can run in the TNT past 7 pm.

I want to hear from the racers, this is your event.

Its one of those dilemas.

Julio,
Just so your guys know, the track GATES will be open by 10:00 am but to make passes down the track, that starts at 12:00. So you will have time to get in and set up your pit areas.

See everyone in a couple of days.
Holly Hartline
Hartline Performance

I won't be there to race but will most likely be there spectating. I'll wish I had a car there all day but atleast I get to see a cool Buick event!

Jason

Julio,
Just so your guys know, the track GATES will be open by 10:00 am but to make passes down the track, that starts at 12:00. So you will have time to get in and set up your pit areas.

See everyone in a couple of days.
Holly Hartline
Hartline Performance

Thanks Holly.. thats what I meant to say :D

roll call

how about we do a roll call to see how many cars we have coming for TAI..i am in...thanks Bob