Reusable oil filter

I love being able to look at the oil directly in the filter to see what's in it. Worth it to me.

51049 WIX and the good old turbo saver with a couple filter mag magnets. Just enough micron rating to keep 99% or more of the crap out without restricting flow. I cut all my filters open anyways. I have tried other means, no bueno.

However, with this being said, I would be game to include a K&P on top of my turbo saver, that would be good stuff.

or you could get the canton billet filter from mark hueffman and also have a turbo oil supply............

The K&P filter I use in my cars and sell to most of my customers does not have a bypass so the oil going into the engine and turbo is always filtered. :)

I started using the System1 cleanable / reusable filter in 1995 and it has always worked great and still does 21 years later. I use it with the Turbo Saver.

I bought a K&N cleanable / reusable fuel filter about the same time and it also continues to work great.

I use to run the K & N air filter also until i found these last year.

http://turbobuick.com/threads/my-s-b-air-filter-arrived-today.428503/#post-3563887

Since i drive my Turbo Regal 500 miles or less yearly the air filter doesn't get very dirty. So i decided it will be better for me to just replace it using the S & B brand when it gets dirty instead of buying a cleaning kit and taking the time to clean the K & N air filter. As i have aged, i find my time to be worth more to me.

Last edited:
The best reason to buy one is that you will never crush another spin on filter.

They outflow any spin on paper/media filter and will be the last filter you have to buy for your TR.

They do give up a few microns to the more restrictive filters but they have features that you want in a filter. Built in magnet and the choice of a bypass or full flow.

Oh yea and they look bad AZZ!!!

Do you have to replace some sort of internals with either if these?

D

Do you have to replace some sort of internals with either if these?

D

There is nothing to replace except the o ring when it wears out, which you get one extra with the purchase of the filter.

It really is simple if not a bit of a pain at the same time. All it takes is a 1/4 turn to release the filter element [simple] and then all you do is clean the element [a pain] because it takes some time to clean instead of the spin off spin on we are accustomed to.