Reusable oil filter

Is that to say, it's as good as having a turbo saver?

That depends on the micron rating of the turbo saver filter used, it would be a small difference at best if you use the non bypass model being that they are close to higher micron rated filters.

Remember that high micron ratings also mean lower flow due to restriction and they will have shorter service life also. That is the reason they come with a bypass. When they clog the bypass opens and now you have unfiltered oil going through the motor.

I know what I would rather have and is the reason I will never use a traditional filter ever again.

So then there should be a proper interval as when to clean the filter since when it gets clogged there will be less oil circulating correct?

Also, wouldn't oil pressurego up or down once the element gets clogged?

D

So then there should be a proper interval as when to clean the filter since when it gets clogged there will be less oil circulating correct?

Also, wouldn't oil pressurego up or down once the element gets clogged?

D

That would depend on the use and condition of your motor. Or you could just clean it with every oil change like most probably do.

I inspect it every time I change the oil but usually only clean it every second or third oil change. I change my oil every 1,500 miles though.

To answer the second question that would depend on the filter. It will go up with a non bypass filter and continue to do so until changed/ruptured or cleaned in this case. A filter with a bypass will raise pressure until the bypass opens and therefore send unfiltered oil through the motor while maintaining normal oil pressure until the bearings get destroyed.

Most bypass filters do this on startup as well because the pressure is high enough to open the bypass until the oil reaches a temp where it no longer overcomes the PSI rating of the bypass spring.

Last edited:
Yes, even more with cheap filters. Over time that's a lot of unfiltered oil running through the engine.

You can order the K&P filter housings black anodized too for just a bit more $ , but a lot more Bling!

Is that to say, it's as good as having a turbo saver?

My opinion is simple is better!

Yes, with no bypass ALL oil is filtered to the engine and turbo, and less chance of leaks with additional hoses and fittings for remote filters.

I have yet to hear any customer with a K&P oil filter who did not have an increase in oil pressure, my car increased from 25 psi to 30 psi.

My opinion is simple is better!

Yes, with no bypass ALL oil is filtered to the engine and turbo, and less chance of leaks with additional hoses and fittings for remote filters.

I have yet to hear any customer with a K&P oil filter who did not have an increase in oil pressure, my car increased from 25 psi to 30 psi.

Isn't the oil pressure read/ measured before the filter not after it, yes?