Restore engine restorer & lubricant

whitehot1

I added a can of this Tuesday morning to my runabout with a 2.3l 4 cyl engine with 120k miles on it. The engine is in good condition but would seem to load up after startup and idling waiting for it to warm up before driving. I have only driven 27 miles after adding this and i can already tell and hear the difference in the engine,i know that sounds crazy but i can. They recommend adding this during an oil and filter change for best results but i added it without doing it. In the video above he says what the compression was on the cylinders before adding the Restore treatment and he has another video after driving 200 miles and doing a compression test again on the cylinders,a big difference in the 2 lowest cylinders. If you have a good old car with a lot of miles on it you might want to give this a try to add some more life to it. It only cost me $7.49 for the 4 cylinder formula. They have it for 6 and 8 cylinders as well at a slightly higher price.

Last edited:
Here is another video doing a compression test after 6 months. #2 cylinder dropped down some in pressure but remember it was at around 77 lbs before adding the restore formula so i would say it still works pretty good.

The stuff works well. I had a SBC which would run through a quart of oil about every 200 miles. After adding the V8 formula (just a bigger can) it dropped the oil consumption by at least half. I was able to get closer to 450 miles. Obviously an extremely worn engine but it still ran :)

Here is the first video he made showing the baseline compression test and #2 cylinder only at 77lbs before adding the Restore formula.

That does does help ring seal on an engine with microscopic scratches on the bores. The science is pretty simplistic for a ''rebuild in a bottle'', but you can't argue with the result.

I had a 1980 Cadillac Eldorado that had 140,000 miles on it when I got it. I started using Restore and noticed a difference within a month or so. It was a healthy, iron 368 cube motor. When I finally scrapped it, it had 300,000 and still hit on all 8 and still ran smooth as. The body was too rusty to fix

Does anyone know if this is ok to use in a turbobuick? 86 gn to be exact.

Good question. For me, is it ok for turbo lubrication?

I've used it before in multiple different applications (most were iron block Ford/GM pushrod types). I don't see a GN motor being much different (other than the turbo of course). As long as it won't adversely affect the turbo (which I don't know enough about), I would.

Also, anyone have a opinion on Lucas Stabilizer?

Will it help? Maybe, but it definitely won't hurt. I used it in mine when it was stock. I really couldn't tell if it helped plus I had used Slick 50 treatments too. Got 180,000 miles on my stock engine before I decided to rebuild it. I Could have gotten more miles off the bottom end and the machine shop said I could have gotten away with out boring the engine plus my crank didn't have to be reground. Like I said I can't say for sure if it helped but I don't think it hurt and I wouldn't be afraid to use it again.

I have used this on many worn GM engines, and it always helped with oil consumption and cylinder compression. I would have never believed if I didn't have another guy I know try it on his zillion mile cutlass for hahas and it worked.

I used it in my old tired tractors. Slowed oil consumption somewhat but my 68 Deere still plows snow w/o any trouble.