resetting iac by grounding diagnostic termial

gnlover2

love my gn
wondering the procedure , or the right way to set min. idle and iac. i do have a scan master , but was wondering about the terminal ground method?

I agree with you TurboDave.

I was just answering the question with what i believe he was asking.

He even said he was just wanting to know the procedure.

I tried it once a long time ago and it didn't work very well for me.;)

depends on your chip , open loop idle TT chip?

heres how i do it
Tuning

lots more good info on that site

i have a caspers ultra chip for 30 lbs injectors, so what way would be the best to set the iac counts? i do have a scan master, if the terminal ground does not work to good which method should i use?

oh also, how many threads should i roughly see coming out , that is on that adj. screw where it makes contact on the thro. body linkage. need a starting point

oh also, how many threads should i roughly see coming out , that is on that adj. screw where it makes contact on the thro. body linkage. need a starting point

click on the link in post #5 that is a good website with lots of info.

Cold Start Only-stumble stall

I have an 87 Gn bone stock with 120K on it. I replace the MAF hose, turbo. inlet and outlet hoses (all the above were worn and leaking) New DIS mod and coil, new 8MM wire and plugs.

Before and after replacing the above I still have a cold start stall. The engine will start, tach up to cold start speed about 8RPM? then slow to the normal idle...loop a little then stall out. It can be immediately restarted.

There are no DTC and MIL on. The vehicle idles well when hot. I think I have an IAC issue or IAC adjustment issue. What do you all think?

I have an 87 Gn bone stock with 120K on it. I replace the MAF hose, turbo. inlet and outlet hoses (all the above were worn and leaking) New DIS mod and coil, new 8MM wire and plugs.

Before and after replacing the above I still have a cold start stall. The engine will start, tach up to cold start speed about 8RPM? then slow to the normal idle...loop a little then stall out. It can be immediately restarted.

There are no DTC and MIL on. The vehicle idles well when hot. I think I have an IAC issue or IAC adjustment issue. What do you all think?

Stock chip?? If so, absolutely the norm.... mine would always behave exactly as you describe and die AT LEAST once on cold startup. If you do have the stock chip, do yourself a favor, and shell out for a TurboTweak chip ($85) and adjustable fuel press. regulator ($60-$100 used/new), and revel in the 'brand new car' you just discovered!! :) TurboTweak Home

If it idles well warm, iac is likely fine.

Spend the very next $$ on a scantool and then you'll know definitively what ALL the sensors are doing.... an absolute MUST.... :wink:

Yep

I have a Snap-on modis at work... just to forgetful to bring it home. I was just thinking "outloud" and putting it down on the keyboard.... Ill still try the IAC reset protocol.

BTW it is the stock chip as far I remember... I have all the car's documentation including the orginal window sticker... I will look this weekend.