Replacement timing chain

I've used stock type with the nylon coating and the cloyes replacement ones. Never did a double roller on the v6.

I will look for it tomorrow and post. Ta has rollmaster with the multi keyed lower sprocket. And I think the cloyes has a three keyway lower one also. I'll see what I can come up with for numbers.

Some have reported metal shavings on a magnetic oil plug with the lesser expensive chains. IMHO, if you plan to replace the chain every 30 years, spend the extra money.

Besides, dialing in the cam timing *can be* an important detail which can't easily be done with a one key way set.

Don’t think I want to use another nylon one but thanks.
10/4... everyone hates on the nylon one ...but it has worked well for many years and miles... there are pros and cons to every side of the fence...but thats a different discussion...:geek:

TA double roller. I didn't know you could buy them undersized until I rebuilt my engine with the help of RC and his builder Bob. Seems that's what I needed. Stock size seemed fine to me, I had replaced it in the past but they said it was too loose and the undersized one we ordered was much tighter

Rollmaster double roller. Just make sure you clearance the front cover. Also dont forget the roller cam button.

Rollmaster double roller. Just make sure you clearance the front cover. Also dont forget the roller cam button.
I’m installing a roll master double roller timing set with GM front cover on a rebuild I’m working on & would appreciate more info on clearancing the front cover if possible please
Thanks
Dave

I’m installing a roll master double roller timing set with GM front cover on a rebuild I’m working on & would appreciate more info on clearancing the front cover if possible please
Thanks
Dave
If I remember correctly you have to grind off this tab that sticks out on the cam sensor bore so it dosen't make contact with the extra thickness of the double roller chain. I remember it being pretty easy.

Attachments

• 20200414_195422.jpg
    20200414_195422.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 388
Not sure if its 100% necessary but I remember reading that some people reported contact on that spot with the rollmaster chain. I figured better safe than sorry. I ground mine down and have had zero issues.

Rollmaster with Iwis chain,less moving parts than stock and it is the best chain and gear at this time. Yes clearance the cover as stated previously.

I went with the TA Performance chain but they didn’t have any tensioner in stock. Anyone know the part number and where I could pick one up ? Can I get one at the auto parts store? Also need to get the new cam button at the same time.